“a touch of France in Thailand”
Review of Bamboo Bistrot

Bamboo Bistrot
Ranked #88 of 462 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner, French, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: If you are visiting Koh Phangan, a good place to find french food, drink Pastis, a incredible chocolate cake or enjoy a Bloody Mary, go to "Bamboo Bistro". Located off of Thong Sala towards Haad Rin, right next to the 7/11. Thai and French cuisine.See you at Bamboo Bistro on Koh Phangan
Reviewed 20 August 2013

good quality French food, good service. if you are in the area you can't go wrong by visiting this place.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

good food, good service, the goats cheese salad was delicious, not enough lettuce but it did come with much more cheese than you would get in Europe!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was only on Koh Phangan for 5 days and nights, but I ended up stopping in here on at least 3 occasions. The manager was very friendly and both the French and Thai dishes were fantastic. One one occasion I had a sea-food dish comprising of good-sized prawns and well-cooked squid in black pepper sauce which I essentially inhaled I enjoyed it so much. The second time I had a beef fillet cooked medium rare served with potato gratin which melted in my mouth.

I'd lost my phone about 3 days in to my trip and was delighted to see that for 40 baht I could essentially rent a tablet PC for an hour in the restaurant. That worked out cheaper than the baht per minute internet cafes that littered the main street. On the same night I had the amazing steak, I drank a few beers, used the tablet for an hour and had a dessert and the whole meal came to roughly £15. Fantastic value for money in a place where I feel like everything's cheap anyway.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Good Thai food and service, can't complain. Worth a visit. Would recommend that you take some midgie spray although they will give you some if you ask.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Great restaurant offering french or thai food on its menu. The food is super tasty and fresh. I ll recommend this place without hesitation.