“Unaccepable Customer Service”

Hard Road Cafe
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We ve got more than a restaurant. Beach bar, jaccuzi, sport complex, our team welcome you from 8 am till 11pm.
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Unaccepable Customer Service”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

After my stay at hard road, I was going to Australia for a while, then Bangkok > UK. I had a number of items I couldn't take to Australia with me so the staff very kindly offered to send my belongings to me when I got to Bangkok so I could take them to the UK (it's expensive sending direct to UK). I provided an address to them in Bangkok with more than 10 days notice and they did not respond. I paid them cash to send this parcel to me and they neglected to do so. I have tried to contact them several times since but to no avail. They should not have offered to do this or taken my money if they had no intention of sending my valuables.

• Visited January 2014
280Jeremie, Owner at Hard Road Cafe, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
As the owner of Hard Road Cafe I have NEVER heard anything about sending you anything in Bangkok. I have no idea what you are talking about. What is the name of the person who offered you that service? You can not say anything bad about our service. We take care of our guests so much. We help them out when they have an accident, when they loose their passport, their credit cards, we help them out financially many times, they borrow my phone free of charge and so on.
Now you can send me an email (j_joret@yahoo.fr) to let me know what items you are missing and who was in charge of it. One more time I have never heard about it. We can stlll help you out but I need more details. Where are your staff? What is it? Who told you we can send it to you? And what is your name? We really care about our guests in general and you in particular.

• Thai first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Cosy Beach bar ”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped by for a quick soda during a walk on the beach.. Perfect place for chilling in the afternoon.. I would not be surprised if people garther their by night due to the quality of the bar

Finspang, Sweden
“A little bit more ambition would be nice”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is the restaurant part of a great hostel sharing the same name. The hostel is great, but the restaurant could be a little better. I think I would be gentler if I hadn't run into the concept of "hostels with a restaurant" before. The problem mainly is that as this also is a bar and the major hangout area of the hostel the restaurant is in sort of a difficult spot because there is always a fine line between the staff being to eager to hand you the menu and being nonchalant about the customers.
The food it self is good though, didn't have that many meals there, but it is a good average meal.

Visited December 2013
Cambridge, Canada
“Best sunsets!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Amazing music and chill atmosphere run by Frenchman Philipe who will make you a cocktail as you watch the sun set over still waters...

Visited January 2014
koh phangan
“thai, italian, western food, what else?”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Love the bruschetta, Panaeng curry, Massaman try it with Spaghetti, huge hamburger, schnitzel and mojito bucket!!

Visited January 2014