“The best orange curry soup of whole thailand”
Review of Cafe Wan

Cafe Wan
Ranked #166 of 427 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer Thai and English food, with a good range of non vegetarian and vegetarian options. Our specialties include Orange curry and delicious tofu burgers made from our own secret recipes. All the food is prepared and served with love. We are open from 9am to 10pm and are closed on Mondays.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Really basic restaurant but the food is excellent. The thai woman can make unbelievable great orange curry soup. The only restaurant where you can taste orange curry soup.

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Wan and John run Cafe Wan and are two of the friendliest people you will meet. We stayed in on Koh Phangan for three weeks and spent most nights eating there.
Best food in Koh Phangan and very cheap as well. There are many excellent vegetarian options to choose from. The tofu burgers are the best I've ever eaten and the Thai food tastes beautiful. Meals start around 60 baht. Cafe Wan also offers take away if you'd rather stay in for the night. We tried many high rated restaurants in Koh Phangan but kept coming back here.
They also have good motorbikes for rent at great prices. We were very lucky to stumble across this hidden gem. Make sure you go there!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We came upon cafe Wan by accident late the first night we arrived and it was close to our house. I ordered a pad thai tofu, they have so many options for vegetarians and I was so shocked when I had the first bite! I had never had pad thai so delicious and fresh and a huge mountain of a portion too. The next time I tried the tofu burger which has become my favourite meal on koh phangan. Wan makes it fresh with no preservatives and it's a recipe I'm told took a year to perfect. It's Amazing! If you're a vegetarian you don't want to miss trying it! I also had the orange curry which is their special recipe. Also amazing and had to be tried! All these dishes were incredibly well priced and the freshest vegetables of any restaurant I went too. They even do takeaway because they can get booked out at dinner time quite fast. I loved the atmosphere at Wans too, like being in her house while she cooks for you and is so lovely making sure you enjoy everything. John, Wans husband is lovely and so helpful too. He managed to get us a bike to rent at such late notice during full moon week when everything is fully booked. All I can say is out of 3 weeks we probably ate at Wans for 80% of the trip! And the days we didn't they were closed haha. It's super cheap, top quality and I wish I could teleport back here to get a pad thai or tofu burger whenever I wanted! Only downside is now I will judge all other food against Wans cooking haha.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This place is more than you would expect, we accidentally stumbled upon this little restaurant off the main road on Koh Phangan however the warm attitude of Wan the owner coupled with good food completely won us over, she even offered to show us how to cook thai food. The food was freshly prepared, mostly organic and exceeded our expectations tenfold. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Family atmosphere, GREAT curries, wonderful service, cheap prices.
My favourite place to eat on Phangan!
Near Sri Thanu, hub of W coast of island...
Good motorbikes for rent too!
Will make spicy or not as you like, they could not be more friendly!