“The reviews are true! Great vibe, amazing staff and awesome stay.”

The Coast Resort - Koh Phangan
Ranked #7 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Always wanted to go to a Full Moon Party, and by the time I got there I was 30 years old. The thought of backpacking it was unappealing, and we came across the reviews for this place. Sounded right up our alley!
The hotel - very modern, lovely pool, swim-up bar and friendly/helpful hotel and bar staff. Amazing.
A few people have mentioned the slippery polished concrete tiles and I have to say this is my one niggling thing with this hotel - they can be dangerous. I slipped and landed on my hand causing a hairline fracture in my thumb (I should say that the hotel wasn't at fault really, given it happened at 3am and I didn't notice at the time...!). But they are slippery, so do be careful when getting out of the bathroom and into your room. The staff were helpful when I told them the next morning, and all was sorted out by the clinic down the road. Lesson learned! But that wouldn't deter me from staying again, I think we'll be back.
Overall, the hotel was perfect for us, and the clientele were other people like us - ex-backpacker types that are a little bit older, have a little bit of money for comfort on holidays and want to sleep at some point on the weekend... Makes for a fun time just hanging out at the hotel, I just wish we had stayed there longer!

Room Tip: We stayed in a pool view room - awesome to be close to the pool (and it was large) but they do have...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank love_weekenders
AdamBoulton, General Manager at The Coast Resort - Koh Phangan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear mystery reviewer :)

It is with a sad heart that without your name I cannot express the teams thanks more personally but for sure we have been given big smiles and pride from your 5 star review and kind words about our "amazing staff."

We also wish to offer our apologies for your accident. We do provide floor mats at the bathroom but it seems that despite this, the chances of slipping are still there. Thanks for this feedback as we can be more proactive when showing our guests to there rooms and informing them. And hopefully future guests reading your review will also take a little extra care.

It was a nice touch to say that you wish you'd have stayed here longer ... there's always next time !

Thanks

Adam and the team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Best First impression I have had in long time. The staff run to the car the moment you arrive with a hello and welcome. They immediately take your bags sit you down and check you in.
There is free wifi through out the hotel and all information is given to you as soon as you arrive.
The meet and greet at the front desk was really awesome. The reception staff were helpful and friendly.

The infinity pool was stunning and I think this hotel looks as though it stepped right out of a travel magazine.
Everything about this hotel is modern, The rooms are comfortable with large beds and English TV channels for those who like to have their moments inside an air-conditioned room and escape the heat from time to time.

The rules and charges for any deviation from the rules were extensive which in a 5 star hotel seemed a little unnecessary., however maybe the location made it necessary as this did seem to be the party side of the island. With it being in the south where the full moon parties are.

Room Tip: A room away from the pool area as it gets really busy and quite noisy. We found our room 26 was perf...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Lisa

Thanks for giving our reception team such thanks and appreciation as they often get overlooked and forgotten about once guests hit the beach and see our "travel magazine" pool and the sunsets.To hear that we gave you and Wayne the "best first impression ... in a long time" gives a very good feeling; we're more than happy to have done so.

I think the only negative thing to comment on is the rules and charges pages within the in-room 'Island and Resort Guidebook' that we provide. It is indeed unfortunate that we have to issue this but not all people of the world are as respectful and appreciative as you guys clearly are and so we are left to ask some to 'behave' from time to time. But I think we're lucky enough to have welcomed good people to Phangan in our first year.

Thanks for contributing to this good first year and taking the time to come online and give us your 5 star support.

We hope to give you the best second first impression ever :)

Adam, our Reception Team and everyone here

Reviewed 23 January 2014

After already reading so many amazing reviews about The Coast, I was still surprised with their service- whilst among the chaos when getting off the ferry in Haad Rin, we saw a sign for the coast and they had a van ready to pick any guests up who may have been there. What a lovely surprise that was! We were then given a welcome drink and refreshing towel upon arrival and immediately felt at home. The staff are so amazingly friendly, I was genuinely sad to leave the coast. The staff were also extremely accommodating, and patient! - myself and my partner are unable to have dairy, and the bar staff were more than happy to make drinks with coconut milk instead of real milk (and add the extra shot of coffee!). It was much appreciated!

The beds were actually really comfortable, considering most beds in Thailand are quite firm! It was only a short walk into town, so a very convenient location but far away enough to be away from the madness of the main streets in Haad Rin. The only thing I can complain about is some of the other guests there who were quite loud each night, but being around christmas/new year period, thats expected! Also, the lounges by the pool were quite in demand so you had to get in there quick to secure a spot for the day!

I'd like to thank all the staff at the coast for having us, and making it such an enjoyable stay - I cannot wait to return. I cannot fault your team or your resort! Thank you again!

From Brittany and Issac

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
AdamBoulton, General Manager at The Coast Resort - Koh Phangan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Brittany and Issac

I don't know where to start in my thanks on behalf of all the team here.

The title or opening line of your review? As they are both a real positive testament to our service.
The compliments to some of the little details in our service? As it gives the best feeling when people appreciate the extra mile we go to make people happy.
Thant you thanked us for having you? When it is us that should be thanking you for being great guests.
Or for taking the time to come to Trip Advisor to give us your support with a 5 star review?

I think I'd have to say that I'm equally grateful for all these points and truly hope that you both join us again. Don't forget to book direct through reservation@thecoastresorts.com so that we can ensure that you get the best rates and can be sure to show you our thanks and appreciation.

See you next time :)

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Came back from 7 nights in this hotel during new year holidays, and it was great!
The hotel's location is great, close enough to the Had-Rin center yet far enough to be relaxing and secluded.
The design of the hotel is very urban (raw cement flooring ) and very minimalist. rooms are not huge but sufficient.
The Infinity pool is great and has a very nice Pool bar.
Some nights we were there, a guest DJ came and provided chillout music during the afternoon that added to the relaxing feeling all over..
Hotel beach is very clean and the water is extremely quiet (not like many other areas in the Island)
Staff is very hospitable and nice, speaks fluent English (most of them not Thai)
I would really recommend this hotel during your next stay in Koh Phangan!
Note to the Hotel owners : since the hotel's beach is not on the main beach, would recommend to add a sea front spa or massage hut to add to the relaxation... I am sure it will be full 24/7..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacob and Adi

Thanks for such a wonderful review and thanks for joining us as we rang in 2014.
Great knowing that you appreciated everything from the location, design, facilities and atmosphere created by our DJ and hospitable team.

Hearing guests saying "We'd love to come back" is the ultimate satisfaction that we've succeeded in making your holiday a happy one.

We'd love to have you back and if you do, be sure to add us on our Friends-Of The-Coast Facebook page and contact our reservations team direct to ensure you get the best rates possible and that we get to express our thanks for your support.

Take the best of care

Adam and everyone here

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We booked the resort because the reviews at tripadvisor are positive.
The hotel is directly at the beach. The colours of the hotel (grey and orange) are really nice integrated in nature. There are a lot of trees and flowers, creating the atmosphere being in a small resort, but actually it is a really big one. Our room was close to the pool. The infinity pool is fantastic. Not heated, but due to the black stones and the burning sun really warm. The pool bar is nice, but the sound of the mixer is really loud, especially if many people want shakes.
The staff is really friendly, but very loud. If you lay at the pool, you can here them talking so loud from the restaurants towards the bar. And they don't seem to care or realizing their loudness (talk from the desk at the restaurant towards the bar attendants).
The breakfast was ok. A variety of juices, coffee, tea and egg variations. The pineapple were very sour, but the watermelon sweet. You could eat fresh salad with different dressings and warm Asian food. There was also cereals available. We missed a second option of jam, cheese, and sliced cold meat. But to be fair, when we asked for cheese, they offered 2 slices.
The food in the restaurant throughout the day was good and big portions.
The beach is nice, no stones, shells or algae. Once, we had a little green snake in the pool 8-).
Unfortunately, nights are really loud as well. You can hear every word from outside the room and from your neighbours. Without ear plugs we woke up a couple of times at night, while people got back from partying at Haad Rin.
Last but not least we stayed the few days before fullmoon party determined by young people. Most of them arabic speaking. They also screamed in the pool, had their mobile phone on loud speakers, while talking, heard loud music and acted really impolite.
The double twin bed as the worst part of the stay, compared to all the other hotels on our trip. It was a thick mattress, but you could still feel the springs. We asked for a second layer to put on top of it, but unfortunately on our third night.
The staff at the reception is really friendly and tries to help.
We used the gym a several times. It is very good maintenanced and up to date.
The room is with A/C, water and towels are provided.
The next City is Haad Rin. It is a 15 minutes walk away. Very touristic, lots of young people and nice bars. We can highly recommend Monna Lisa. The best Italian restaurant with an Italian owner.
Resume: we were happy that our stay was over, after 4 nights. The hotel itself is really nice, but due to critical points named above we are not giving more than 3/5 and we are definitely not returning.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank R W

Thanks for your feedback; the compliments as well as the couple of suggestions of where we can improve. We greatly appreciate that the resort and facilities were to your liking and that you found the service team friendly and helpful; this is what we hope is unique about our resort.

Part of creating this friendly atmosphere is to encourage our team to be chatty and approachable in order to create a slight buzz of friendly conversation in the public areas whilst maintaining a peaceful setting. It appears that during your stay that this has gone too far to the point where it has disrupted moments of relaxation. We have since passed your comments onto the restaurant team; particularly with respects to calling across to each other from the bar. Thanks for this feedback as it has helped the team be more aware.

Regarding the noise level of other guests we can only apologize on their behalf if they caused you any disturbance. We do control the noise and behavior of our guests for the benefit and feelings of all staying with us but I hope you appreciate that Full Moon Party periods bring a more livelier group of holiday makers. Those that join us are still relatively peaceful as they choose us so that they are close enough to the party events but far enough that after they can escape to peace and quiet. We do however recommend guests looking for 100% peace and quiet to come to Phangan outside of Full Moon as this is when the island returns to its natural state; becoming one of the most peaceful, relaxing islands in Thailand.

Finally regarding the problem you felt with your mattress it is unfortunate that you did not inform us of this problem immediately. We cannot service our guests fully or solve their problems if we do not know their issues. If we had have been informed on your first night then we could have acted on that first night. The same may be said for any night time disturbance from guests. We do have 2 security guards walking the grounds at night. Your noisy neighbors may have been silent when our guards have walked by but if you'd have called to reception from your in-room telephone then we could have spoken to these guests directly.

We hope that knowing this may put the view of your stay in a different light. If so and you do then reconsider to visit Phangan (not during a Full Moon period) then I hope that we can welcome you again.

Take care

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Bottom line - we liked the place a lot!
Everything was super clean, brand new, and the staff were extremely helpful.

Location:
Note that I wouldn't consider that as a walking distance from the center of the Haad Rin, or its main party beach. however, the hotel was (relatively) isolated from all of the noise, thus supplying a very nice, and calming atmosphere.
Despite that - you're only 5 minutes of took took taxi drive away from the center (shouldn't cost more than 50-100 thb)

Staf:
Staff was super kind!
We had a confusion with our beds preferring and the staff did the maximum to help us and make sure we will be happy.
We also used them for recommendations and other small stuff.

Pool/beach :
Pool is amazing!
Literally on the beach, while having bar access from the pool itself.
Beach was relatively isolated, very quite and relaxing.

Food:
Kosher / vegetarian eaters wouldn't have too many option.
Me and my friend who doesn't eat kosher/vegetarian ate there almost every day.
I tried a lot of their vegetarian dishes, and frankly didn't like most of them. I think that eventually the thing I liked the most was there cheese and ham sandwich (ask them to make it "ham free"), and their onion rings which were delightful.
The waitress are very nice, forever it always took ages for the food to be served!

Cons / suggestion for improvement :
* it's but reasonable to serve the food after so many time.
* guests needs to get priority for the beach beds, as there aren't many beds, and often they were occupied by strangers walking on the beach.

Room Tip: Book one of the four upper floor beach side rooms and you won't regret it! Note that the upper...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
AdamBoulton, General Manager at The Coast Resort - Koh Phangan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

I think that everything positive we're trying to offer and do for our Guests here has been picked up by you and your friends. Location, atmosphere, staff, pool and the beach !
It seems that there were one or too imperfections with the restaurant but the fact you guys "ate there almost every day" says that this too was generally to your liking :)

Thanks for your review and positive support !

All the team here

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for the half moon party in November 2013 and we couldnt have had more fun! Definitely wish we would have made our stay longer instead of jetting off to Phuket. Koh Phangan is so much more than a party island and there is so much more to explore! The hotel grounds and pool are absolutely breathtaking and literally steps from the beach. It was really nice to stay a little ways away from the parties at Hat Rin Beach. We spent all day at the pool/bar where the bartenders mixed amazing off the menu drinks and caught a beautiful sunset lounging on the beach. Rooms are very clean, very comfortable and spacious. Full bathroom amenities. Doors shut loudly though. Restaurant onsite is good, but not many options close by. Need to walk about 1 mile/15 min to Hat Rin.

Fully recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Danielle & Co

As a long time resident of Koh Phangan it's heartwarming to hear people say that it is so much more than a party island and there is so much more to explore. It truly is and the world is starting to explore this beautiful island and I hope that resort's such as ours are helping to project KP in the right way adding to this paradise !

Thanks for appreciating our island and thanks for appreciating us :)

Adam and all of Koh Phangan