“Awesome place with awesome people!”

Echo Beach Backpackers
london
“Awesome place with awesome people!”
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

So I stayed at echo beach for my Christmas holiday and I liked it so much I stayed for NYE too.. Great location, really central but peaceful at the same time. Super cool sunsets at the beach bar, great food, I would really recommend the echo burger. The best I've had in Thailand! Dorms and beds are clean and comfortable with fans.. The staff are great fun, make you feel really welcome, I made some great friends during my stay there..

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank jadetamzin

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ko Phangan, Surat Thani, Thailand
Reviewed 20 January 2013

What a little gem of a place!! We visited KP for a 2 weeks to check out the island and came across echo beach on our travels. For the price we couldn't believe our luck , it has to be one of the funkiest places on the island - super friendly staff, awesome food, the bar is by the beach - great sunset views. The place was very clean, and very chic,the atmosphere was fab and smack in the middle of where all the parties were being held, which was a bonus!! All in all i cannot recommend Echo beach enough, when i return to KP i know where ill be staying :).

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sammy S
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Silly me booked a short 2 week trip to Thailand for arrival on the night of full moon on Koh Phangan between Xmas and NYE so to be expected there was nothing available anywhere except really expensive average hotels and so I decided to book a bed in a backpackers and I found Echo Beach Backpackers which I have to say was a life saver!! When I arrived (early) I was warmly welcomed by the staff and owners who are such awesome, friendly, easy going people it was really hard for me to leave.. The Hostel has delicious food, its in a really great location, its super comfy and funky, clean and the beds are clean and sweet also. You have fans in rooms and the showers are warm/cold whatever you feel like :-) I felt like my stuff was secure in my room and it turned out to be a great meeting place to meet with other friends I made on the Island and at the hostel.
There is a pool table, bar, couches and the location etc... Really handy to all the parties such as Full moon, Waterfall and others I went to.. anyway go stay here its awesome! Yay.. :-)

Room Tip: Anyroom is good but for me having air plugs and eye patch helped but I think this is the case with a...