“Excellent for the Moon Parties”

Echo Beach Backpackers
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We only stayed for one night but we enjoyed our stay. The toilets, showers and room were all clean. The rooms crammed as many beds as possible in but if you're just here for a party that's no bother. The location is right on the beach and is excellent for the full and black moon parties. Staff were chatty and helpful, I'd happily recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

I had holidy for a week with echo beach they people are kind and very friendly welcome( im thai lady so will be very difficult to walk in to stay in backpacker place n i been many places but not welcome)but for echo beach i just got friendly smile from them since the first day im walked in till the day i leaved n i will going to visit them again soon :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed here over the full moon and had a great time! Like anywhere on Koh Phangan, prices are put up during this peak time, so we ended up paying about £10 per night. Really good atmosphere with pre-parties every night we were there, there was even a DJ on the Full Moon night. There's a bar at the hostel which serves very strong drinks! You're not allowed to bring in your own drinks though, so that's probably a god job. Really good free breakfast every morning and an all-you-can-eat buffet every night for about £2, which was of good quality. There's secure lockers, reasonable WiFi and a boutique hostel about 2 minutes away that lets you use its infinity pool for free! Only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars was because while we were there, we were told there was a 'water shortage' on the island which meant the showers only worked at certain times and there was no water at all at night. I'm not sure if I believed this excuse as I didn't see any signs of the 'water shortage' elsewhere on the island!!! All in all, a great hostel if you're on Koh Phangan to party and meet people.

Room Tip: During full moon time, they put mattresses on the floor in the 9 bed dorms - although this sounds te...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I arrived in Koh Phangan with about 400 baht in my pocket on the eve of the Half Moon Party. I knew I wanted to stay in Ban Tai, but the hostel I arrived at was booked...but I was pointed in the direction of Echo Beach. Serendipity! I arrived at the coolest hostel I have ever stayed at. Mark and Sarah, the proprietors, were able to accommodate me, help me out with my cash shortage by starting me on a tab, give me great advice on where to go and what to do. The music and DJs that play here are ridiculous good (i.e. they could play clubs in Europe), and the people who stay and work here are chill and very cool. Half Moon Party ended up being one of the greatest nights I've had out, and I think a large part of that was due to the people I met at Echo Beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Vik201
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Spent over a week at this new, welcoming and exceptionally clean backpackers. Sarah, who runs the place with her partner, is absolutely lovely, and always happy to advise on the best beaches, parties and how to get around. The place has a bar with a great chill out area overlooking the beach, secure lockers and a very relaxed but fun vibe. Echo Beach is outside of Hadrin but close to half moon and jungle parties and there's a nice pool bar within 5 minutes walk. All the staff are super friendly and will happily introduce you to people if you're travelling alone, or you may bump into them while you're out if they're not on an early the next day! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Koh Phangan, I was sad to leave.

Room Tip: Talk to the regulars - they're great too!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We spent around a week there with my friend, it was just perfect! Everything good with room/bathroom... but more important Chris was amazing and helped a lot giving us the best places for see-sighting and party :D
The guesthouse is great for chilling with a nice area with sofas... Everything you need is quite close and as I said before amazing staff.
I ll definitively go back there!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2013 via mobile

So I stayed at echo beach for my Christmas holiday and I liked it so much I stayed for NYE too.. Great location, really central but peaceful at the same time. Super cool sunsets at the beach bar, great food, I would really recommend the echo burger. The best I've had in Thailand! Dorms and beds are clean and comfortable with fans.. The staff are great fun, make you feel really welcome, I made some great friends during my stay there..

• Stayed: December 2012