“Fantastic”
Review of Le Divine Comedie

Le Divine Comedie
Ranked #5 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here in September 2013 with my brother. We were looking for somewhere that was relaxing and peaceful.

I must say this is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The owners are a French couple who could not have been more helpful. The room was fantastic and the hammock on the roof was a lovely touch.

We eat at the restaurant for dinner a few nights, the food was great and the service was brilliant.

The hotel is situated right on the beach and the views out to the ocean were really nice to enjoy while having a cold beer in the pool.

If you are going to Ko Phangan you would be mad to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel represented my first stop in Thailand. The staff was extremely helpful with respect to providing frank advice (what tours to avoid, which beaches to visit, where to eat) and assisting with various travel arrangements (ferries to other islands, organized tours, motorbike rentals). The staff speak terrific English as well. The food on the resort was some of the best we have had in Thailand, easily the best on koh phangan. The suites are very unique, comfortable and luxurious (I loved the Illy espresso maker!). Lastly, the location and layout of the resort is incredible - a very beautiful and relaxing pool with beach loungers that look out to the ocean. Great value - highly recommend!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I (21 and 22 yrs) are backpacking around Thailand for a month and booked this hotel for two nights. We got a hotel room rather than a bungalow, paying £27 per night and it was absolutely fab! Clean and a very unusual design in the room. Lovely, smiley and helpful staff. The beach isn't great as it's very shallow until quite far out, but the infinity pool absolutely makes up for this! Not much around (wish we'd rented a motorbike) but the manager recommended Fishermans Restaurant which is rated #2 on Trip Advisor and the food was unreal! Slightly more expensive for Thailand but excellent quality and you can eat in a little wooden boat outside! My meal (3 giant king prawns and rice) cost £6 and my boyfriend's (barracuda and rice) was just £4.70! Otherwise, the hotels restaurant was great and the free breakfast was absolutely perfect! Not a buffet breakfast like most hotels, you can choose from the menu! Cannot recommend this hotel enough if you want a bit of luxury for a few days!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really wonderful; big, comfortable beds, fresh, healthy breakfast, clean, cool swimming pool! Fantastic, helpful staff and owners. I'm sure the hotel is the best in Koh Phangan! The only problem - or my only problem - is that I don't feel like I'm in Thailand! The hotel is almost too fresh and unique. I feel like it could be situated in Europe; Greece, France, Spain... And the other reason why I don't give the hotel full score is the beach. It is not really a good place for swimming and bathing. I don't think it's even possible to swim there? The sea is too shallow, and the beach is full of garbage.
But if you like to rent a car or a motorbike too see the island I certainly would recommend the Divine Comedie. I'm not too keen on driving in Thailand, so next time I think we will find a place on the other side of the island.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Le Devine Comedie in July 2014 and had an amazing experience: spacious and stylish bungalow next to the pool with ocean view, staff that gave perfect advise on activities and things to do on the island and a great bar/restaurant. Even though it might be a bit more expensive than the typical resorts on Koh Phangan, Le Divine is worth it and the caring staff will improve your stay. Not only did they recommend a great massage place and probably the best fish restaurant I've ever been to, but also helped with arranging flights back to Bangkok. All recommended places where reasonable priced and helped picking the best provider available from the many choices of boat companies, tour organizers and scooter rental places. The only little downside are the prices for drinks in the bar, but then again the drinks will be served to you next to an infinity pool that ends on the beach. A stay is highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We booked this hotel for the first week of our holiday in Ko Phangan and we could not have done better. Great price, wonderful staff (french gentleman who owns it is the most helpful, showed us everything important on the island on the map, helped us with rent of motorbike, he is really the best), great pool, really comfortable. Only small minus would be that there is no useable beach at this hotel, but with the motorbike you can uncover the beauties of this island without problem - it is a bit more adventurous. Cannot do else but recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The standards at this hotel were incredible, the staff were lovely and the rooms are huge- very deluxe for a cheap price. We booked this hotel as somewhere to chill out on the island after we had been backpacking around Thailand for a month and it did just the trick. The food was amazing and we could have our (included) breakfast at any time of day! The pool was lovely but it was also a stone throw from the beach. And it was the best place we have done our washing for the whole month we have been here Ideal for families, couples and friends. However, I would advise to book online before arrival because we saved quite a lot of money by doing this.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple