“so good we stayed an extra month!!!!”

Phangan Muay Thai and Fitness Gym
Ranked #29 of 74 things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
More attraction details
Owner description: Koh Phangan Muay Thai & Fitness Gym is located on the beautiful tropical island of Koh Phangan in the Gulf of Thailand. It's the first Muay Thai Gym in Koh Phangan and has been around for over 15 years teaching Thai Boxing to both Thais and foreigners of all levels.The gym is in the vibrant town of Thongsala with many beautiful resorts and bungalows close by and a wide variety of shops and restaurants as well as the local night market.The camp offers professional muay thai training from their highly experienced and qualified instructors for all age groups ranging from beginners to professionals. They have both Thai and western fighters training year round and veteran trainers who offer a more personalized approach to its students and clients in a family-like atmosphere.The camp makes it a priority to keep the student to trainer ratio low so that each student gets the proper instruction and attention they need and build a bond with the trainers.Get fit, sharpen your self defense skills, have an experience of a life time with a Thai Boxing training holiday in the tropics.The camp also has a fully equipped fitness gym on premises and a fully stocked muay thai shop with dietary supplements.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great gym and great people, my girlfriend and I decided to book a months training, including food after each session. Everyone made us feel welcome, the trainers are great, they judge your level and then tailor the training to your needs. My girlfriend was a complete begginer at the start, they took the time to work her through the basics and build on that, now she has a mean kick and elbow I'm scared of!!!!!! I had trained before but the trainers really polished my technique and taught me a lot. Rob and Srie are the best they create a family atmosphere so after training you sit down to Sries lovely food and talk about Muay Thai or what what we are going to get up to on Sunday (Rob and Srie would organise trips around the island on our day off from training). Also Rob and Srie would host fight nights at the gym and when friends of the gym or trainers were fighting we would go to support them as a big group, it was awesome seeing everything you learn put into practise (We saw Mot Dang knock out his opponent with an lightening fast elbow!!! Not to mention Pe sak turning up to watch and ending up fighting as one guy pulled out, he also won by knockout!!) We both really enjoyed our time at Chorenrit so much we stayed a second month!!! We made some great friends whilst at Chorenrit and we will defenately be back !!! See you soon guys!!!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I only took one class here but it was very informative and a great workout! The trainers really know their stuff here. I started training Muay Thai back home and would love the opportunity to go back here and train for a longer period of time to enhance my skills. You won't find a better cardio workout!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is on of the best places I have trained in Thailand! And they take good care of the students, if you want to go a fight or if you just want to try thai boxing for the first time,they will give you a good experience.

The owners Rob and Seri are sow good people. And make you feel velkomne.

I had Sal as my main trainer, he was so sweet.
I always had a feeling of mastering the training. Sal and the other trainers always had a smil and a good mode (even at 08 in the morning :))

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I booked two months of private Muay Thai sessions training twice a week. Mot Daeng was my trainer. He consistently pushed me so my cardio. fitness improved, he corrected me when my technique was lacking and showed me some of the basics of Muay Thai. I had not done Muay Thai before and this was a fantastic introduction to the sport. As a female training at the gym I never once felt intimidated. Thanks Mot Daeng!

Rob and See the joint-owners were friendly, inclusive and helpful. I used the gym three times a week and found everything I needed; kettle bells, free weights, skipping ropes.

Rob M, Manager at Phangan Muay Thai and Fitness Gym, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thanks for the review Sam. We really enjoyed having you at the gym. Good luck and keep training;)

Reviewed 28 February 2014

hi! I was traveling alone to thailand. visited the island before and trained w Chorenrit then too! Its the best gym on the island, with professional trainers, proper equipment for a reasonable price. its feels really homey. almost like a family if you stick around for a bit. and they serve delicious green papaya salad! I definitely recommend this gym to anyone travelling alone and/or with friends! love from Amsterdam, Tess!

1  Thank citizenTess
Rob M, Manager at Phangan Muay Thai and Fitness Gym, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thanks Tess. We hope to see you again in the near future:)