“Our favorite place!”
Review of Green Leaf Cafe

Green Leaf Cafe
Ranked #7 of 11 Dessert in Ko Pha Ngan
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: A healthy laid back cafe in the heart of the yoga, health, spiritual centre on Koh Phangan. A prime meeting place catering for a wide range of dietary requirements. Serving good wholesome nutritious food and drinks.
Portland, Oregon
“Our favorite place!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Thankfully, my partner and I stayed super close by in Srithanu on the island so we visited Green Leaf Cafe at least once a day. We were happy to as the food was delicious and made with high quality ingredients. Who knew you could find spirulina and raw cacao in Thailand in such a relaxed, clean atmosphere? I felt like I ate happy and healthy every time.

The owners are wonderful people - definitely spend some time with them! They're super helpful and kind. Loved their Wednesday night jam session!

• Visited June 2014
Greenleaffamily, Owner at Green Leaf Cafe, responded to this review, 11 January 2015
Thanks so much for your response! We try to offer the best food we can cooked with love and care.
Glad you enjoyed it!
Hope you are well and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Kind Regards
Green Leaf Team

“Wide vegan choise, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I've been there with some friends and we all found these place very nice and informal. Mainly haunted by young people that could also play some musical instruments.

The menu is mainly vegan (and I was very happy for it), with some vegetarian and few option with meat. The portions are good and I also was happy with the taste of food. I loved the very spiced vegetable curry (I've chosen the very very hot "thai"spice level !)

Also vegan sweets and ice creams were available.

Thanks so much for your review! It is great to read that you enjoyed what we creete with our food and the environment. We look forward to welcoming you again some time!
Kind Regards
Broome, Australia
“Alun, Sam”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Thought Kom and Jenny had left as the old restaurant had been left , they have moved and the atmosphere and food at green leaf are awesome , a real family feel to the new place . Hope to be back soon . Thanks guys .

Visited January 2014
Copenhagen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best chicken burger, slooow service”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We were here on an evening with apparently all new staff. This meant 25 min. to serve two shakes and 1 hour to serve a salad and a chicken burger.

The burger however was one of the best chicken burgers I've had but not worth the wait

Offers free drinking water to costomers.
Free wifi

Avoid on busy nights

• Visited January 2014
Montreal, Canada
“I waited over an hour for my meal”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I really wanted to like this restaurant. I came here based on the reviews that I read from here. It was busy when I got there but thankfully there was a table open. I ordered a veggie burger and proceeded to wait. About 10 minutes later a couple of friends joined me and ordered their meals. About 30-40 minutes later one of them got their food. I went to ask the server, who was very pleasant and friendly, if my food was coming out soon. She told me that it was on it's way. I went back again after 20 minutes and I told her that I couldn't wait any longer. By this time it had been over an hour already and I was really hungry! She went back to the kitchen to check on it and came back and told me that they were just starting to cook it. I asked her if the restaurant was willing to give me a discount on my meal if I agreed to stay and wait even longer. The owner of the restaurant came back and told me that she wouldn't offer me a discount, that they were busy and there was nothing she could do. So I left and went somewhere else. But my other friend said that he would take my meal because he found out (after an hour) that they were out of cheese so he didn't want the sandwich he ordered anymore. For me it's not about the getting the discount. I was just looking for a gesture, an apology, maybe an offer for a free dessert, or some sign that they care about their customers. I understand that this is Thailand and I can't expect the level of service that I do in the west. But the owner is a westerner and if it was my restaurant, I would go out of my way to make sure that the customer left happy. After working as a server in restaurants for 15 years, this is the number one rule. I am going to be staying on the island for a while and when I like a restaurant I will return there many times and recommend it to anyone and everyone. Unfortunately, this will be my first and last time at this one. When I saw my friend afterwards, he told me that the veggie burger wasn't good at all. I'm so glad that I didn't wait for it because then I would have been even more disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
Thank you for reviewing, you are entitled to your feelings regarding the wait. This was the busiest time of the year and night and we were simply busy. Ordering a burger rather than the local food was the main reason as the mechanics of the homemade burger and homemade chips is much more labour intensive. As far as your friend is concerned it seems more appropriate for him to have replied and told us how it was. We are told the veggie burger is one of the best on the island or beyond by many different customers and as you didnt even eat it and your friend didn't review himself it seems a little out of place. We would welcome you back to try us again with no grudges should you be in the area again.
Take care and we appreciate the time for the review.