“Ideal yoga retreat”
Review of Blooming Lotus Yoga - CLOSED

Blooming Lotus Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: The Blooming Lotus Yoga Retreat in Thailand is an oasis of peace and beauty. Located footsteps from the crystal blue water and white sands of one of Thailand's most gorgeous beaches we offer daily yoga classes, yoga retreats and yoga teacher training programs year round for both beginners and advanced students.
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ideal yoga retreat”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Blooming Lotus studio, a beautiful wood structure perched in the trees on the hill above the beaches of Haad Yuan or Haad Tien, is a magical spot on a magical island, and an ideal place to immerse yourself in yoga. There Francie leads a retreat which is wide in scope and focused in its daily practice. I went in Aug/Sept of 2013 for a five week program which included a couple great, different practices per day plus another daily class, all of it starting early but not too early, and spaced to allow us time to hang out on the beach or do whatever other awesome things you discover to do there. I found Francie to be both a great instructor and a flexible guide, taking us through difficult but never overwhelming yoga practice and introducing us to ancient texts and ideas, while including us in where we took the learnings. She also gave us the perfect primer on the place - the varied offerings, hangouts, people, and parties in the area - making it easy to integrate and explore. My only regret is that I caught the last class of the season and wasn’t able to go longer. Also, I write this with some trepidation on a public site, as although I wish continued great success upon this studio and all restaurants and resorts in this area, I hope the secret doesn’t get out too much. It’s amazing just as it is.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank markesan

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Blooming Lotus is the embodiment of Yoga.”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The one-month 200-hour teacher training course at the Blooming Lotus transformed my life. I not only learned how to be the best yoga teacher I could be, but I became deeply connected with my spiritual being. Lily provided me with the knowledge and confidence I needed to teach a safe, balanced, and inspiring yoga class, while Ramananda lead meditation sessions that helped to develop my sense of wonder, compassion, love, and gratitude for myself, for other people, and for the universe. I feel so blessed to have met Lily and Ramananda, and to have had this incredible, life-changing experience.

Visited May 2013

3 Thank sarahmichellec
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A gorgeous space, and true yogis/yoginis!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Lily and Ramananda are truly devoted to their yogic paths, and it definitely comes across to their students! I was there before Francie arrived, but I know they'd only bring in someone who shares their dedication and wholistic approach. If you want to swing by for one or a few asana practices, you'll love the classes! But more so, what sets Blooming Lotus apart is their well-rounded, traditional take on yoga (in the sense of what yoga really means--a lifestyle and mindfulness/oneness, not just about the body!).

I definitely recommend a longer stay (I did their 200 hour YTTC in the spring of 2012) if you want a more traditional approach to yoga. You WILL get a solid asana practice base, but again, what sets them apart is their emphasis on and cultivation of the non-physical elements and background of yoga.

The studio is absolutely gorgeous, peaceful & surrounded by jungle, the food at Bamboo is fantastic, and the beach is stunning!

Visited November 2012

2 Thank HeatherMcC8
Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing experiance”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Lily and Ramananda showed so much love and understanding , great teachers and amazing true yogis they don't just teach the way they both live it and embody what Yoga truly is they helped show me what love truly is, beyond words can say, thank you both so much. the studio has a magical feel , great food at bamboo and beautiful beach close by. I will go back again for sure I learnt so much. love peace and happiness to you all x

Visited March 2013

1 Thank Martin S
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Life Changing Teacher, Shala, Beach, Island”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Travel far and wide to experience Blooming Lotus Yoga. Lily is gorgeous, the shala is gorgrous, the beach and island are life changing. You must experience it for yourself-no words. Get there if you can-you won't be sorry.

Visited November 2012