We stayed at Panviman for 5 nights at the end of October.. We had only booked 4 nights, but for various reasons ended up on Ko Phangan a day earlier than planned. When we arrived, the staff at reception were very polite and were fine with us staying the extra night. We had booked a 'Superior Room', but were told we had been given a free upgrade to a 'Deluxe Hotel Room'. I think this was actually because the room type we had orginally booked was no longer offered due to the resort being upgraded, rather than out of pure goodwill, but it was still nicer than we'd expected so I won't knock it!
The room was lovely - King sized bed, big bath, lovely balcony with a view of the ocean and the decor of the room and bathroom was very nice too. The pool was very nice too and also has a nice ocean view. The staff are very nice here and make you feel very welcome.
A downside to the place is how isolated it is - it takes about 45 minutes to get to Thong Sala or Had Rin because the roads around Panviman are unpaved and very steep in places (some previous comments moaned about this journey, but we found it to be quite an adventure each time we did it), so if you are after somewhere with lots going on then this isn't the place for you. Also, as we went during low season, there was only one restaurant open out of the three restaurants on site. However, the restaurant that was open offered all 3 menus, so there was still plenty to choose from, and the food was delicious. In the evening, there was a singer and guitarist duo that played nice songs while you had your meal which was a nice touch and really added to the experience - they were a very talented and also very friendly.
All in all, I would say that 5 days is probably a touch too long to stay here in the low season, as you will start to get bored because you are pretty much confined to the resort (there is a village just outside the resort, but it was like a ghost town as there was hardly anyone staying there due to the time of year), and if it starts raining then there is not a lot you can do except go to your room for shelter.Also, if it gets really windy + rainy the power can be knocked out for about 5 minutes at a time, which can be a nuisance if you are watching a film or trying to read at night. Having said this, the views, magnificent grounds and the excellent staff more than make up for these minus points, plus if you are planning a trip in the low season, you can't blame anyone for bad weather so we knew what we were potentially letting ourselves in for.
In conclusion, I would defintely go back, although I would probably wait for mid or high season to begin!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort with 72 rooms, 8 categories, 3 restaurants, 2 bars and room service, infinity view swimming pool, private beach, kayaking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan Hotel Koh Phangan
- Panviman Hotel Ko Phangan
- Panviman Resort Ko Phangan