Set on a cliff top, spectacular coastal views and a great breakfast. I would give this a great 4* rating NOT 5*. The rooms are small, bathrooms are tired, and the overall ambience is one of hotel profit. Unnecessary charges for using hotel kayaks which have been free in other hotels. Expensive shuttles and a sense that staff have a duty to sell, sell sell.
What really let's this hotel down is the mass fencing programme utilising really fake-looking wood, the reception staff are surly and frequently 'tut', a couple items of clothes disappeared but thankfully reappeared in the laundry system, and most disappointingly, a lack of gym. The fitness centre is more akin to children's play park. Metal air walkers, cross trainers that creak and grind etc.
I loved the location. Of an evening one could take a small walk along beachfront and a whole range of eateries It's also worth paying for the VIP transfer as its very James Bond if coming from Koh Samui.
The Executive Chef is so on his game watching over breakfast. Coffee should be 'help yourself' as its frustratingly slow. Loads to like and with small improvements would entice me back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort with 72 rooms, 8 categories, 3 restaurants, 2 bars and room service, infinity view swimming pool, private beach, kayaking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan Hotel Koh Phangan
- Panviman Hotel Ko Phangan
- Panviman Resort Ko Phangan