I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights- it was my luxury budget blowout- i've never stayed in a hotel like it!
OK, good points-
1. The room. I had a Deluxe cottage which was just gorgeous! utter luxury!
2. The pool was spectacular.
3. the spa. Although I had free massages with my package, and I don't think I would pay the price for a massage there when they're a quarter of the price in the town.
4. The beach itself, though it's not a feature of the hotel but the area. Plus the remoteness.
5. The hotel (not the restaurant) staff were very friendly. I said sawadee to all the gardeners and maids and they always smiled.
6. Breakfast. AMAZING!
1. The food- I had three meals in a row there and had food poisoning. There was a dead maggot in my yellow curry- they also don't have much veggie choice.
2. Any other five star resort who had given you food poisoning would put you up for free until you were well- we were charged for cleaning and our taxi out of the resort. They put out 2 puking people and smiled as we handed over our money.
3. I hate to say this, but the amount of children. I was paying a fortune to have a luxury retreat with my boyfriend (literally, a week of wages to pay for each night) and every time I tried to go to the pool it was full of screaming children- not exactly a quiet paradise.
4. Minibar prices- they're taking the piss.
5. Taxi prices- as above.
6. The way that vat and service are added after you have ordered your drinks- all high end resorts seem to do that though.
7. Distance to my room. I wasn't offered any of these nice golf caddy rides about like everyone else. There was a slight air of snobbery about some of the other guests, as if I wasn't quite of the standard of person they expected to be there- fair enough, I'm a scruffy student.
Overall, I'd stay again at a non school holiday time and not eat dinner or lunch in the restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort with 94 rooms, 8 categories, 3 restaurants, 2 bars and room service, infinity view swimming pool, private beach, kayaking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan Hotel Koh Phangan
- Panviman Hotel Ko Phangan
- Panviman Resort Ko Phangan