We did not mind the bumpy ride up the mountain to get to this resort, after reading the reviews I thought everything people said was very accurate. I was a little disappointed that the hotel refused to collect us in one of their 2 vehicles, when I tried to set it up 6hrs in advance.....it was no bother to get a taxi which cost $25
The part missing from other reviews is the security aspect. We had clothes and a mobile phone stolen from the room and when we reported it to the manager she told us that this happens during full moon party!!! Apparently many people do not notice until the next morning and blame the theft on party goers at a beach some 10km away! Since we reported the theft at lunch time, I found this excuse to be a very poor one not to mention that they were clearly aware of the problem! Both of us had selected clothes for the evening and placed them at the top of our cases, hence why we noticed so suddenly upon returning. We had gone to the pool at 10am and returned at just midday, and since the room had been cleaned during that time one can only point the finger in one direction! The manager asked why we did not put our things in the safe, to which I replied that the safe was not big enough for 2 suitcases!!!
The hotel rooms also have an inadequate patio door wooden latch-lock that when you try to push the doors apart the lock simply opens! Although it would have been difficult to access the patio without being seen during the day, following this event I used a belt to secure the doors shut!
The overall quality of the hotel was good and service was exceptional from the wait staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort with 72 rooms, 8 categories, 3 restaurants, 2 bars and room service, infinity view swimming pool, private beach, kayaking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan Hotel Koh Phangan
- Panviman Hotel Ko Phangan
- Panviman Resort Ko Phangan