“Amazing on-the-beach hut and lovely hosts”
Review of My Phangan Resort

My Phangan Resort
Ranked #53 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed for just one night whilst visiting the south of the island. We wanted to be near to the full moon party beach but stayed a few days after the main night, although there was still some good parties on the beach.
However, we wished we had stayed longer, as we had the hut which was literally 5 metres from the beach and as it was low season (early September) we had the whole beach to ourselves!
The hut was clean and tidy with a hammock hanging out the front, but the best thing about out short stay was the warm and friendly welcome we had from the owners. They were very sweet and chatted to us about their family and how much they enjoyed their job. We had breakfast twice and it was delicious and fresh.
A very quaint lovely stay. Idealic and relaxing.

Room Tip: Choose the beach hut on the beach with views to Koh Samui and the sea to wake up to.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank holsfun

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Having just moved from my phangan to becks resort I can honestly say that we've made a huge mistake. My phangan resort is situated right on the beach with the island of Koh samui in the background. We stayed in a bungalow 101, which was 15metres from the sea and 10metres from the bar. Stressful, lol. The food is amazing cheap and delicious, a green or red curry costing 70baht!! Also large Changs are 60baht, bargain! The staff couldn't have done more for our stay, they are really friendly and greet you with a smile all the time! Also you can use the kayaks provided for free, which you can take out to the reef and snorkel round. I can honestly say that this was one of the best places we've stayed in Thailand and can't wait to come back again. Thanks My Phangan resort!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Petergee1987
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly and helpful owners and staff, clean bungalows, lovely clean and quiet private beach and cute bar. Perfect spot for chilling out or for getting ready for full moon but far enough away that its quiet too. Definitely recommended!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PuffinRTW
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Where to start? I stayed at My Phangan in late August with my boyfriend and another couple. We were amazed at how laid back and kind the owners were. When we arrived, Beat showed us the book where we would log all of the things we wanted to purchase; water, beer, food, etc. Just write it in the book and pay at the end! Immediately we felt at home. Yoyo showed us to our bungalows, complete with front porch hammock. The room was simple but all we needed. Hot shower, air con, and a bed. Our room was a stone's throw from the ocean, and the beach bar was just as close. A pair of kayaks also lay on the beach for our use at any time which was a great perk!

Eating and drinking here was tasty and very affordable. Beat's wife Koi prepared the meals for us during our whole stay. We chose to eat on the beach mostly, because, why not? Had a Half-moon warm up party here as well, and they provided neon paint and plenty of buckets. Made for a great night!

All in all, our very favorite place during our month-long holiday in Thailand! Would love to come back someday!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Where to begin... My husband pre booked this place and I had just let him do all the research I had no clue what to expect. When the cab dropped us off I was like 'oh no, where are we?' But once we continued to walk into the property all my doubts went away.
We met Beat first thing he welcomed us and Yoyo showed us to our bungalow. We stayed in the aircon room. It was simple no big thrills just a double bed clean sheets and a bathroom. We had a hammock on our porch, I was happy.
The private beach was beautiful.
The beachside bar was cute and perfect. All the drinks were cheap just as much as you would pay at a convenient store.
The food! Koy is a great cook. Everything was made to order. The menu was reasonably priced and everything I had was great. You could eat in the main seating area, the bar or on the beach.
Beat, Koy and Yoyo were always so happy and ready to help.
When the bar was not open we were welcome to get whatever drinks we wanted from the fridge and we just had to write what we got in a notebook with our room number, we build up a tab and just paid it off at the end of our stay.
We stayed for three nights and went to the half moon party. I had more fun at the pre-party there then I did at the actual half moon party.
If we could, we would of stayed there for weeks.
If and when we return to Thailand we will no doubt return to My Phanghan Resort.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This bungalow is in ban taai koh phangan 5 min away by bike from haad rin !!! Its save and its with a private beach :) The cleaner of this bungalows is very cool and friendly his nic name is yoyo dont forget to tell him to make a relaxing night Sea food bbq in the same Restaurant !! I stays for the fullmoon in march 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Three of us stayed for the full moon party, it was great. The bar is almost on the beach and its as cheap as the seven eleven. The hotel food is outstanding and brilliant value for money. We booked the hotel in advance and have no regrets what's so ever!

• Stayed: September 2013