“Exactly what I expected”
Review of My Phangan Resort

My Phangan Resort
Ranked #51 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I'd been looking forward to visiting my Phangan for months and I wasn't left disappointed.
The room was clean, well air conditioned and the bed was comfy and the shower warm. My bungalow was situated directly on the beach. The food and staff were fantastic!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank StDomingos
There are newer reviews for My Phangan Resort

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We have just had three great nights stay in 107, yes they are basic but with the beach on your doorstep your room is just for a ( cold) shower and to sleep surely. Owner, his wife, staff and everyone we met were great. Would definatly stay again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leehylands
Reviewed 18 January 2014

For the price this place was awesome. The rooms are not much and you are guaranteed a pretty sweaty night with only a fan to keep you cool. However the private beach and beach side bar definitely make it worth it.

We stayed 2 nights, could have stayed more, but it was great chilling on the beach without many other people about. The best thing is that the beach is West facing so the sunsets you get are incredible, especially whilst sipping a cold beer. The Swiss owner is very friendly, we were there for the half moon party and he was good at giving advice and introducing us to others going. WARNING his buckets are lethal.

The other staff are also very friendly as are the 3-4 dogs that are around. Our bungalow was nearer the road but 2 dogs slept on our porch making us feel pretty safe the whole time.

Room Tip: A beach view bungalow is always preferable
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank philallen13
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Set directly on a nice quiet beach with such friendly and helpful staff who made us food after the kitchen closed! This place was lovely but I wanted mainly to post to warn others about the place around the corner who rents mopeds. We got hit with astronomical repair costs for a minor scuff to the mud flap and on the side. We did some research and tried to contact the police but they couldn't help we managed to negotiate down from 14750 baht but only managed to ten. We found out that it would cost less than 2000 if at a repair shop but what makes it worse is he has all the parts there and repairs them himself. I would advise everyone to not rent from them there are plenty of others nearby. If you still do check them so thoroughly and take pictures before hand. Do not trust them as they have your passports and won't give them back until you pay their ridiculous made up prices.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel D
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Looking at the price, I think you will always wonder what you are going to get with this kind of budget accommodation.
I can safely say however, that this place delivers - an absolutely gobsmacking location with a private beach, cute and functional huts (there must only be 5 or 6 in the whole resort), and service that is just so natural, polite and good natured that you truly feel at home.
Very cheap food and drink as well - only slightly more than the local 7-11!
Id say the only downside is that you are slightly isolated - but still, you're only a taxi ride away from the action.
They have an assortment of very chilled out dogs to keep you company as well - expect to see them chilling on your balcony daily :)
Maybe the best place we stayed in Thailand

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, staff were great honestly 10/10, as was the restaurant food. We had thunderstorms everyday so weren't able to make use of the small private beach, the kayaks or the beach bar. The resort is too far away from other restaurants, bars and convenience stores. The room was very basic, just for sleeping in really, we were in room 101 and the bed was awful, too springey. Also the bathroom smelt so bad, the room wasn't clean, still had a previous guests green toothbrush on the shelf, and we got bitten so much during the night. I also have a photo showing termites in the room. It was cheap accommodation but we have paid less money for a much better experience at other places.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We went for the standard bungalow it was quite nice and had a bed, cold shower and a reasonable fan. The location was great and they did body painting before the full moon party and then arranged transport which was helpful, the caretaker is a lovely friendly man and so is the lady In the kitchen. They run a good tab system and you pay at the end. I would probably advise people getting the deluxe bungalow though as they seemed far nicer. The sea is in the doorstep but is not great from swimming in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple