Leela Beach Resort
US$62
US$165
US$131
Hotels.com
Phangan Bayshore Resort(Ban Hat Rin)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Agoda.com
Buri Rasa Koh Phangan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$108
US$78
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$126
US$247
US$103
US$91
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 March 2007

Don't go there! Avoid an unpleasant experience, like the one I had!

We booked our bungalow a month in advance, and when we got there, tired, after our long trip, the rude woman at the counter said:
"Oops, we had other guests coming in and we had to give up your room". No explanation given..they simple gave away our rooms, leaving
us stranded, without rooms for the full moon party.

What's more, they agreed to give us 1 bungalow (we were 8 people), for a 300% price increase a night. We booked it for one night and they bullied us into paying the second night too (despite the fact that we did not sleep there) when we went to pick up our stuff, by calling out their martial arts friends and circling us. We were forced to pay, unfairly treated, and insulted.

Horrible experience, rude people, robing tourists. Sleeping at the beach would be better than going through that experience again.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Mexican25
Reviewed 25 November 2006

Admittedly, I arrived more than a week before the full moon party, so I was given a fantastic bungalow, right on the beach, right next to the resturant- where everything happens. Some days I didn't have to leave the resturant- there were always people there to talk to, the food was excellent and cheap as was the alcohol. The staff, once I got to know them, were great fun and it seems there was a strong contingent of reguals and returnees there, demonstrating how addictive the atmosphere at Leela beach is!

Stayed: December 2004
England
Reviewed 12 July 2006

I stayed at Leela beach for 10 days in june.....i must admit my friend and i when we first got there both said we would stay 1 night and move on somewhere else....after our first night there though we were completely hooked!!!!!The people there are so laid back and friendly, the other backpackers we met were awesome and we all just hung out the whole time we were there.......whenever you wanted to just go and chill out with someone....there was always someone in the restaurant to talk to....it was just awesome.....i love the staff and the local(charlie) and i cannot wait to return there next year!!!!!!!!!!If you are a laid back person and love having fun....this place is awesome.....and its so beautiful!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 22 February 2006

I have to say, i read the review of the person who had a bad experience at Leela Beach, i also experienced the long travel to get there, waiting for a room and the dodgy room on the edge of the cliff. I do have to say though, once we explained that we had booked a beachfront bungalow (i took the email with me) they were quite happy to move us. We stayed for a week, it was a great location, away from all the noice. The rooms were really basic but it's so cheap, you really can't complain. We had loads of fun and will be staying there again this July. If you realise this is a 1 star place, you won't be disappointed. I loved this place!!!

Stayed: May 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 February 2006

I was in thailand 3 years ago for 6 month, and I stayed in Leela Bungalows twice for 2 weeks each.
Of course if you want a occidental room you should not go there. For 150 or 200 bath, you can't expect a palace.
But this place is so preety. It is not fare from the center and it is quiet. Of course you should not be afraid of all the animals, but do not forget that ther were there before and they are afraid too!!!!
I enjoyed this place and maybe you too......

• Stayed: June 2003