“Dirty rooms and not polite staff...not a good experience”
Review of Salad Beach Resort

Salad Beach Resort
Ranked #35 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Como, Italy
“Dirty rooms and not polite staff...not a good experience”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The rooms are not well cleaned with stained linens and the staff is not polite nor keen on helping you. The beach is really amazing but the total experience not worth the money. Better spend more and go to the near Salad Buri.

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Knivsta, Sweden
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This were the last stay of our trip and it was actually a great place! Reasonable prices with a great beach, pool and restaurant. The staff were excellent and really child-friendly. Really good genuin thaifood with good prices (around 50-60baht for thai dishes) and the breakfast buffé was really good!

The only downside was that it really felt like a resort but it was nice to relax here a while before going home.

Room Tip: Best value are the rooms above the restaurant, you get close to all the facilities and the beach...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dohgren78
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I'm a fairly easygoing person, but I was extremely disappointed and upset by this resort. The hot water wasn't working in my room when I arrived, and after talking to the front desk about it and being told to turn my air conditioning up a number of times (somehow this was supposed to fix the problem) to no avail, I complained further until I was told that they would send someone to check. That someone ended up being a young staff member who turned on the water and stared at it for a half hour. Then he disappeared, leaving the freezing water running. I called again and was told they'd send someone else. Hours passed with no more word, and when I reached out again, they told me it was a resort-wide problem (even though they'd had no idea about it until I complained and didn't seem to be in any rush to fix it, nor did anyone else I asked seem to be having the same problem). They weren't apologetic at all, refused to move me to a different room or offer compensation, and were incredibly rude to deal with, not offering any sort of compromise. I would have been fine if at least they seemed to be sincerely working on a solution and were apologetic, but this wasn't the case. On top of that, the room itself had stains all over the sheets and towels and was overall in a state of disrepair. The restaurant and massages here were decent (and decently priced) and the beach is nice enough, but I would not recommend staying here. I certainly won't be going back to this resort ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rkaus

Travellers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great location, on a quiet beach, yet there are shops and food restaurants within walking distance. Room service was very prompt. Not over priced. Don't forget to stop at Tuk massage, best on the beach with great sunsets.

• Stayed July 2013
Istanbul
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

I have booked a superior room at Salad Beach Resort for 2 days. According to the web page of the agency, my room should have been 38 sq m, had refrigerator, in room safe and balcony. But, the hotel gave me a room which is only around 20 sq m and hasn't got a refrigerator, in room safe and balcony. I rejected to stay at this room, but hotel told me they're full and there's nothing to do. Actually they didn't try to solve this problem, especially the girl who told me that she's the manager. Since they didn't do anything I have contacted with the agency, then hotel promised me to upgrade me to a bungalow for the next day. Then they brought a refrigerator and in room safe to that small and very dark room. Hotel has another room types which were not seen at agencies' web pages. Hotel confirmed this as well. So, you may be careful about this issue, if you stay at this hotel, compare the given room to the room you have booked. Since I have such a problem at check I have booked a superior room at Salad Beach Resort for 2 days. According to the web page of the agency, my room should have been 38 sq m, had refrigerator, in room safe and balcony. But, the hotel gave me a room which is only around 20 sq m and hasn't got a refrigerator, in room safe and balcony. I rejected to stay at this room, but hotel told me they're full and there's nothing to do. I have contacted with the agency, then hotel promised me to upgrade a bungalow for the next day. Then they brought a refrigerator and in room safe to that small and very dark room. As far as I understand, hotel has another room types which were not seen at agency's web pages. So, you may be careful about this issue, if you stay at this hotel, compare the given room to the room you have booked. The resort is nice, it has a beautiful garden and it's located at beautiful Salad Beach. Tides bring the reef to surface and unfortunately it's impossible to swim at this beach, but it's relaxing. The food at restaurant was average, so I tried another ones, then I realized Salad Beach hasn't got a very good restaurant (or I couln't find). Staff is average too, only a few of them really tried to help me when I was given a room which is far far different than I booked. I didn't like my those 2 days I had at resort, but, the resort is nice, it has a beautiful garden and it's located at beautiful Salad Beach. Tides bring the reef to surface and unfortunately it's impossible to swim at this beach, but it's relaxing. The food at restaurant was average, staff is average too, only a few of them really tried to help me when I was given a room which is far far different than I booked.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bangay
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

my girlfirend and I planned to stay there for 6 nights with another couple. in the end, we could only stay there for 4 nights, because my girlfriend got infected with dengue fever and we had to move to a hospital on Ko Samui island. As I asked at reception, if we would get some money back, they said, that it wasn't possible due to our booking through agoda.com. After I wrote quiet a long email again, the answer was only one sentence (without any regards or "get better wishes"), that they have to follow the internal guideline with no refunds for agoda bookings. After we have left, we got informed by our friends, who still stayed there, that there were already new clients, who just arrived, in our room a few hours later.
Our superior room in the mainbuilding was ok and the resort itself as well, but in our point of view overpriced. We expectet some more comfort for that money! The hotel seems to be getting on in the years. The people at the restaurant were friendly compared to the ones at reception. The beach was ok, but the water is always very low and hard to swim. (for families with small children it's great, I can imagine). There are many opportunities to buy food, snorkeling gear and other stuff in the shops near the resort.

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Family of 3 adult women and 3 young women aged 17, 18 and 21 stayed here for 4 nights and loved it. Initially the girls thought it was a bit remote but slowly warmed to Haad Salad. The resort is very well maintained, the rooms clean and spacious, the pool and restaurant are lovely. We had a pool bungalow and thought it may be a bit noisy but not at all. The view out over the water is gorgeous and the little beach at the front is quaint. I had read the staff were friendly and it is true, they were very, very helpful and friendly, especially the young boys who worked in the restaurant. The brecky was simple but fresh and yummy. The resort sits on a stretch of beach in Haad Salad with other resorts, restaurants and bars and it is so nice to walk between them and eat, drink at different places. We hired scooters from the front of the resort and made our way easily around the island. It was the highlight of our trip. Look past the step missing on the pool ladder and the torn sun mattresses, it is a 3 star resort that probably needs a little updating but is perfect just the way it is, VERY RELAXING!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 211. While it is a great bungalow and location, it is right next to the kitchen...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family