Salad Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Green Papaya Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Longbay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Maehaad Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Royal Orchid Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsreggae barfull moon partykoh phanganclean swimming poollow seasonyogurtstayed here for nightsa lovely stayminute driveamazing foodtaxibeachresortbungalowislandmassagethailand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2010

For me, this resort gave the best trade-off between nature and accommodation quality. Salad beach is a small, charming beach shared with perhaps a dozen more hotels/resorts on the north-western part of Koh-Phangan. The beach is clean. No longboats littering the shore. Great snorkeling location. Not many shops/restaurants around, which contributes to the quiet.

The hotel's restaurant has honest prices and a huge selection of dishes. Very surprisingly, all food is excellent, be it Thai, Indian, Italian, American and whatnot, so you can easily spend 2 weeks eating breakfast, lunch and supper without getting bored of it.

The hotel has a beautiful garden and a cozy swimming pool, which is great for toddlers and non-swimmers. But the beach is so calm and the slope so gentle that non-swimmers can enjoy it too.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, I won't forget the cute receptionist that was bouncing up and down with joy when we arrived, saying "I have soooo much information to giiiive !" :)

The only downside to the hotel was the non-free, slow internet.

North and south of that beach are other laid-back, not-yet-over-developed spectacular beaches, all excellent for snorkeling and diving. There are also a couple of waterfalls around. Transportation is either by taxi (expensive due to a local cartel) or by renting a bike, which is commonplace around here.

I stayed here for 4 days out of a 21-day vacation in Thailand that also included Bangkok, Krabi (Ao Nang) and the other side of Koh-Phangan (Haad-Rin, Full moon party). In retrospect, this was the best location, and I wish I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank daniellm
Reviewed 3 November 2010

The beach itself is an attraction not to be missed. I could safely say it is the best most characteristic beach in the island. If you can't see it as paradise, then you have a problem. It is so relaxed, if you could bottle and sell it, it'd be the best beta-blocker on the market today.

The resort itself is great, not 6 star but the pool is decent, with plenty of sun and shade. Gardens were well maintained and beautiful and green. There is a beach front sun lounge kinda area that gets the very best sunset view on the beach. Some lady organised diving trips from there. A decent restaurant, apropriately star rated like the hotel. Wicked morning animal shaped pancakes for breakfast, nom nom nom... The staff were by far the friendliest dudes out. Even resident obese dwarf stray dog in deep need of nail trim we called "shawtie" was hopeless at fishing but happy to settle for our bacon in return for being a great foot rest!

ATM, mini mart, gift shops, bike hire, bars restaurants around the back of the hotel. Apparently really nice pizza a little up the hill that i managed to miss :(

The beach front bungalow rocks, clean, comfy bed, decent bathroom. Great value for money no doubt at the rates i got. The view from the verandah is detoxicating! Very peacefull and easy access to Had Rin for FMP.
Would recommend to anyone without any hesitation. Check out the pics

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mozeca
Reviewed 23 September 2010

date 04/09/10
beach front bungalow
room 202

We arrived from thong sala to the resort, we had booked a transfer with the hotel and the driver was waiting for us when we docked, the drive is about 20 mins, both driver and mini van were well presented and you feel special being driven.

Now I had been contact with hotel via email arranging things like flowers on arrival for my gf and confirming tours etc. My contact here was a lovely girl call Mai, if you need anything arranged before hand this is the lady you need to speak to, not only professional but such a lovely girl as well...you will see why later on.

So arrival was smooth and efficient taking about 5 mins before we were escorted to our room, the driver and another took our cases for us which was a blessing as my gf must have packed every thing she owned lol.

The room was ok for around £40 a night you can't expect 5 star rooms, but having said that we found the room to more than adequate, just a few niggles, like no shelves in the bath room and the aircon leaks a bit, Towels are a bit dated.
But the room is decorated pleasantly and its clean, the bed is massive i could roll over twice and still not meet my gf on the other side,
If you can get this room do so as it is bigger than the other beachfront bungalow with a wrap around balcony. Excellent views to wake up to truly romantic.

We decided not to book one of the given tours and opted to hire the mini van and driver, This is where the staff being wonderfull comes in. We arrived at reception where i met Mai for the first time face to face, what a lovely girl as i had mention we had been in contact via email, i had explained to her that this was my gf's first time to Thailand and i wanted it to be special for her, mai of her own back and expense bought my gf a present to welcome her to thailand, I have travelled all over the world and never have I experiened this level of thought and care.

This girl is worth her weight in gold every aspect of our stay she over saw and took personal interest in, her english is better than some of my friends in the uk, my advice to the managment of the resort ....Keep her never let her leave its her and the staff who made our stay special and will make us return.

I must also mention Tam, I believe thats was his name, he too was wonderfull arranging dinner reservations private van hire, tailor making our tours for us and giving good honest advice on things to see and experience, we liked the staff so much we went and bought them ice cream from this lovely home made ice cream shop,

The resturant is excellent again great staff so attentive polite, we ate there the majority of the time prices most reasonable T bone steak £7, you must have a coconut shake there too - we became quite addicted to them.

I must admit I was very sad to leave the staff and resort a week after leaving I'm still missing them and hope to return 2012

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LondonDazzler
Reviewed 13 August 2010

6 nigths at Salad Beach in a Beach Front Bungalow - great expectations - but unfortunately we got disapointed.
The homepage promised beatyfull rooms - but the resort i aged and to expencive compared to the other resort at Salad Beach.
The Beach Front Bungalow have a great view - no doubt - but a big sun deck right in front of our terrace made it impossible to be private. The room was clean and the bed fine.
We missed storage in the bathroom - not even a shelf was available.
The restaurant was OK - but expencive compared to the surrounding resorts. The staff are friendly - and if you travel with children they will get a lot af attention. Unfortunally the staff often forget guests without children - doing their best to make special pancakes and decorate them.
When we stayed at Salad Beach the tides was very low - we have hoped to do a lot of snorkeling - but it was not possible - just a warning not a complain.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2010

The Salad Beach Resort is situated on Salad Beach, which is a stunning setting in Ko Phangan and away from any hustle and bustle. We stayed in a garden bungalow which turned out to be a basic room with very little storage (one very small wardobe with two hangers and one small set of drawers) with two single beds pushed together to create a double bed. The room itself looked very clean however there is no mosquito net around the door to the bungalow which did not tightly shut when locked therefore it became impossible not to get bitten by the mosquito's. The bathroom was small and very basic, to operate the tap in the sink you have to push the tap down and once it's let go the water doesn't come out which was a little annoying. We were due to stay at the hotel for 8 nights but cut our stay short at this hotel as we got severely bitten in the legs by bed bugs - very nasty which resulted in treatment at the local hospital. We moved to the Salad Buri Resort at the other end of the beach which was just pure luxury and for an extra £100 for 6 nights compared to the Salad Beach garden bungalow it was worth everyone penny the rooms are double the size, very clean, plasma TV, great shower, really helpful staff, and three large swimming pools which look onto the beach and they have a mosquito curtain in each room and fantastic air con in comparison the the Salad Beach Resort . Watch out for the guy at reception at the Salad Beach resort, other people's reviews on him are right, he's not that helpful and we were put off at him laughing at us when we enquired about a taxi to Had Rin for the evening. I do like comfort and luxury if you are couple looking for this too, stay and the Salad Buri Resort it truly is stunning, if you are a backpacker and on more of budget the Salad Beach Resort will be good for you although their are cheaper bungalows on this particular beach- just hope they sort out those bed bugs!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple