“Urlaub unter Freunden - beeing with frinds”
Review of Top Hill Resort

Top Hill Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Top Hill Resort
Bremen, Germany
“Urlaub unter Freunden - beeing with frinds”
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Lovely, open minded people. Just Lovely!!!! Mr. T. is an awesome cook and they welcomed me is as i was an old friend and i felt like that. I had some great days there and I will definitly come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo

Families
Business
London
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I rang up this hotel 6 months in advance when I was arranging my holiday. I wanted everything booked up. I knew because of the full moon party it gets really busy.

The staff member laughed at me for ringing so early and told me to ring back a couple of weeks in advance. So here we are and I ring back now, 3 weeks in advance of my intended stay and I am told that they are fully booked.

What complete idiots. I am really angry at them because they laughed at me before when I was right all along. I asked them if they had any local recommendations and the woman said "you can look in a guidebook". I know that you stupid person, I'm asking *you* if *you* recommend anywhere locally. Anyway, that was it.

So now I am stuck looking for someone else. Going off the other review of people getting shafted here. Be very careful if you trust anything that they tell you on the phone because they don't appear to care about you so long as the hotel is full.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2008

You are only able to book this place by phoning up, and be warned. During the Full moon party season, we phoned 2 weeks in advance to book a double room. We were told to phone back on the day we arrived with the time our ferry arrived to be picked up. When we phoned up, we were told because we had not phoned the day before our room has been given to someone else, she then hung up the phone on me.
It was obvious they gave our room to someone who walked in and offered more money.
This greatly inconvienienced us, as finding accomodation a couple of days before a moon party is very difficult, and ruined our time in the beautiful koh phangan.
I have stayed with Top Hill previously 3 years ago, and now would not recommend it to anyone.

• Disliked — On the day we arrived they gave our room to someone else
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 16 March 2007

Staying in Top Hill was the highlight of our trip in thailand we planned to stay two nights and stayed well over a week! The views from the bungalows where amazing and down the bottom of the cliff was as secluded area whch was great for snorkelling. As the other reviews say the owners are fantastic, we had such a laugh hanging out with them and they really looked after us, even cooked us sunday roast with all the trimmings!
Its a tough walk up the hill and very slippy on the way down, but well worth it when ya get to the top, would love to go back and stay a month, so peacful and chilled out!(once ya get used to the noise of the frogs)!!

• Stayed April 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank PaulaRDublin
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2006

This is a perfect place to stay during the Full Moon Party. The place is close to town, but yet on a beautiful and quiet location. So you won't be bothered by the loud noise from the beach.
It's a lovely outdoor place with an English owner & his friendly Thai wive. They are young and very open. The atmosphere is relaxed (all their belongings are outside and still no crimes occured) and you'll love their fluffy dogs. Great common room with TV, hammocks and music.

• Liked — View and staff
  • Disliked — The location is a steep walk out of town
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robino23
Manchester, England
Reviewed 26 June 2006

This is a great place to stay. The owner will pick you up from the boat and take you up, its about a 10 min walk from town and well worth it, gorgeous views and a mad owner who will make your stay memorable. Have a look in the lonely planet for more details. We paid 800baht a night in February 2006.

1 Thank RTW_tripper