My wife and I stayed 5 nights at a Junior Pool Villa Suite, which we absolutely loved. The room is spacious and very private (yes, that kind of private) and we really enjoyed hanging out in our pool and outdoor bathtub, especially when it rained! The bed is huge and very comfortable.
The views from the reception area are just stunning as you're overlooking the whole bay of Thong Nai Pan which is just beautiful. The garden rooms like the one we had didn't have sea views, but we didn't mind it since we spent most of the day at the beach anyway.
There are two pools in the resort: a large one just above the private beach of the resort. This one features a couple of waterfalls that you can sit under and get a perfect nature massage. A smaller, quieter, one is located above the gym up the hill. This infinity pool overlooks the bay and features sunbeds shaped like little boats that are based in the middle of the pool, so just roll off to cool down.
Breakfast is included and the buffet is extensive with a wide selection of food and drinks, including a great cappuccino (what can I say, I love my morning coffee). The whole resort is built in traditional Thai wooden theme and is just beautiful in any direction you look. Staff couldn't be friendlier and attentive and will go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and at home.
A couple of things worth knowing:
- The hotel is built on a pretty steep hillside, so expect having to use their wooden cars to take you to and from your room. From the reception area you need to walk down steps to the beach which is about three flights of stairs below.
- The hotel's restaurants are great, but relatively expensive. If you'd like to go to other place you'll need to go all the way down to the beach, across some rocks on a small path and then there are a couple of restaurants on the main beach or behind the buri rasa hotel, which is a few hundred meters away.
- The resort is eco friendly and blends nicely into the hill forest. It's important to know that the shower and toilet are located "outside", in the open air, which means you should expect sharing it with other living creatures. In addition, the jungle can get very loud. Crickets have this tendency to wake up at about 5:30am and go nuts. So much so that we had to sleep with earplugs one night.
So, If seeing a mosquito or an ant while you're sitting on the toilet freaks you out, or if you like places that have soundproof windows, This is not the place for you.
- This resort has 95 rooms/villas. So don't expect to be alone at the beach or the pool area. It can get pretty crowded.
- I recommend getting to the resort with their boat transfer from Koh-Samui. It's relatively expensive (about $50 per person) but will save you a lot of time and hassle. Otherwise you'll need to take a taxi to a pier (10 min), then a ferry (45 min, 350 Baht each), then a car or a longtail from Haad rin (30-45 min, and aprox 1500-2000 Baht).
If you are a romantic couple in good shape that enjoy walking, and if you appreciate being close to nature but also like to be pampered (and don't mind paying a bit extra for it) - this is the perfect place for you. We can't wait to get back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus is second to the highest villa category in the resort with 115sqm floor area and a truly unique character to show. Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus boasts its own personal infinity pools and a mini waterfall, picture-perfect panoramic sea view vistas along with a living room and open-air bathrooms. Perfect for newlyweds and honeymooners. Get lost in your very own luxurious private villa, the Santhiya Sea View Pool Villa Suite Plus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Santhiya Koh Phangan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santhiya Hotel Thong Nai Pan
- Santhiya Resort And Spa
- Santhiya Hotel Ko Phangan
- Santhiya Resort Ko Phangan