Weangthai Hotel & Resort
US$94
US$81
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$165
US$301
US$281
US$158
US$113
Le Divine Comedie(Ko Pha Ngan)
US$39
US$190
US$130
US$75
US$62
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Actually, this made faulty towers look like the Ritz!

I read the reviews on here before going and I thought "No, lets take the risk, people do love to moan about everything".

I was crap! Firstly, our flight into Koh Samui was delayed and the company we booked with didn't pick us up from the airport....so we missed the ferry to Koh Phangnan. Then the last ferry was another 2.5 hour wait and that was delayed too....so we'd left Krabi at 09.30am and got to the hotel finally at 21.30pm.....so I wasn't in the best of moods already.

Greated by the manager at the taxi with "Hacienda or Weangthai?". Taxi driver replied "Hacienda" and I replied "Weangthai". Manager replied back to me "doesn't matter its the same place". SO WHY ASK??!! So my back was up already.

Then, 45 minutes to check in because he takes his time and then walks everyone (or even drives people) to their room and reads them their rights on how much you'll be charged for breathing his air. On that point, word of warning. I didn't need to use this but my dad who lives in Thailand warned me of this. Hotels like to read you the rights in these places on charges if you break things. Some dodgy hotels will then swap your items (TV, etc) for a broken one when you're out and then claim you've broken it. So...on arrival in your room, take photos of everything!! I did when I arrived here but luckily didn't need to use it. They claimed they would charge for bedsheets with flourescent paint or rips in....mine already had them! So I took photos in case they charged me.

So after 45 minutes of waiting, he asks me for my voucher. I don't have one. He told me I can't stay without one as I'm prepaid. I handed him everything I had from the company I booked. He weren't having any of it. I said take a look at my reservation. No. Finally after me getting quite irate, he looks at my booking, pulls out the paperwork and says "oh sorry I have your voucher". Prat!

So finally I get to the room and its grubby, the door doesn't lock properly, you can't lose your key as the keyring is like a railway sleeper. Shower went from freezing to boiling so you have to keep switching it on and off so stop yourself turning into a teabag.

Had breakfast paid for....didn't use it once!

I think the Americans should swap Guantanamo and move all the prisoners to Weangthai...

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank El_Kevino
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Rude unprofessional staff, filthy rooms and swimming pool. I spent two hours trying to check in, and was welcomed by screaming angry customers demanding to see management who never appeared. I was "fortunate" enough to bump into the manager (english) at the bar who was off his face on drugs. I met so many unhappy travellers, some who felt conned into situations such as diving and taxis to the full moon party by the hotel which never arrived.
Worst hotel, I can't believe its 71st out of 80. I have stayed in places for £3 a night which are much better and freindlier! Don't stay here.

Room Tip: don't stay in this vile hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank SarahLovesAsia
Reviewed 15 December 2011

what to start with- the hour wait at reception to check in (at 10am nobody was even there) and even then it was only that short because we went and got someone.
- our over priced room with minibar that had no price list to which we presumed came with the over priced room.
-the massively over priced restuarant where the price of just a sandwich was 210 baht
- the constant push to make you try out scuba diving or buy this or buy that. Including trying to sell you a stupid ticket for 1750 baht for the full moon party which was a load of bull.
- the constant banging out of music which at first was ok but by the 3rd day was just plain annoying (they played the music to a ridiculously high volume that drinks in our room rattled on the side, and this started every single day at 12 midday and didnt stop until 2am the next day to then begin at midday again)
we spoke to other guests who had said they never had towels. One girl who had given her passport over actually went back behind reception and got it bk from an UNLOCKED draw one of the many times nobody was there.
We did find it rather funny that the staff had said they changed the name of the resort because hacienda was a big night club in manchester when infact we found out from a restuarant owner on the main road that it was actually because of all the bad reviews.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank welltravalled
Reviewed 1 November 2011

After a 7 hour wait in the overpriced, packed restaurant we were given a room which we then had to move out of at 8am the next day. I travelled with my boyfriend and best friend and we were all so disappointed with the service. We also met other people who had to wait even longer than us and a few even had to find other accommodation after being told they had over booked and didn't have enough room. When we tried to complain we were taken to an English man who decided to shout at us, swearing, telling us to find somewhere else however he would not give our money back so we decided to stick it out and stay.

When we got moved to the bungalow we weren't happy as the water stank of metal and there were a shortage of towels so we didn't get towels until the last day... Full Moon made up for this experience but please please please choose another hotel! The beach was also horrible and the pool was unbelivably dirty!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Phoebe L
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed here in April, has taken me a while to get round to writing this review but here it is!
Rooms were damp, dark, musty. We had a double air-con room and the air-con leaked, insects and dirt fell out of it onto the bed underneath. Shower room was horrible. Complete lack of natural light anywhere in the room as a whole. Dodgy electric fittings. The whole place smelt.
We kept getting promised we could change rooms but this didnt happen until the last 2 nights of our stay (we were there for 8 nights). The room we were given for the last 2 nights was lovely but it took a lot of complaining to get this. Please see attached photos for evidence of what most of the rooms are like!!
I have travelled a lot in thailand and I dont mind staying in basic accomodation if thats what im paying for, but this place was not cheap, please stay somewhere else!
Our friends were also in a double room and theres was as bad as ours too.

Room Tip: ask to see your room before paying - i cant believe we forgot to do this!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends