“Best resort in Koh Pangang”
Review of Palita Lodge

Palita Lodge
Ranked #17 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Rooms are clean, service is great, restaurant serves great food. Most importantly hotel is located on the better side of Haad Rin for the beach you can actually swim in, and best location for Full Moon Party. Can't go wrong!

Room Tip: Suites if you can afford!
Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George H

Reviewed 16 July 2012

It is always difficult when you have to accommodate different age groups. We chose Palita lodge and they most definitely rose to the occasion.

It is rare (even in Thailand) to find a resort with such friendly staff and management. Nothing was too much trouble.

I thank you all for making our weekend away an unforgettable one. I can assure you we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My friends and I came to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon Party and decided to stay at the Palita Lodge given the great reviews online. We quickly found that the praise for the hotel was not undeserved.

The location of the hotel was perfect, a short 5 minute walk to the middle of the action but far enough away to drown out the sound of the party. There literally isn't a better location if you want to stay on Haad Rin Nok.

The room was great (2nd Floor Pool View Villa) with a comfortable bed, balcony overlooking the pool and the room was very well maintained by the staff.

But what really differentiated the hotel to us was the great atmosphere fostered by the owners. The owners and staff quickly knew all of us and what room we were staying in and did everything they could to make our stay great.

Overall, I completely recommend staying at this hotel if you're staying on Koh Phangan - any sort of traveler would be well taken care of here. I've never written a tripadvisor review before but was compelled to after the great stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I had stayed in this resort a few years ago, and I knew this was where I wanted to spend my 40th birthday with friends. The rooms have been well maintained since then, 2 of us booked the suite rooms and they were huge and clean, and very comfortable. 2 other friends booked the standard rooms and they were smaller but were perfect for what they needed - they did say they wouldve liked more wardrobe/hanging space, but when its a beach holida, its easy to live out of a suitcase.

The rooms were regularly topped up with burning oils - lemongrass being our favourite! the rooms were cleaned spotlessly every day, and even when I broke a glass in the bathroom, the staff insiste they cleaned it up.

The whole resort is safe, comfortable, and great for singles, couples, families, small groups, large groups .. and the family and team who run the resort are just like your family, and treat you like family. I was poiled the whole 3 days of this trip and on my actual birthday - the staff and my friends had arranged a pergola breakfast area to be decorated, and I received a huge plate of panckages with banana and happy birthday chocolate with honey to demolish before we even started breakfast.

And the breakfasts - wow, they are perfect! You order on a list what you want, and they are flexible. There is the healthy options and the not so healthy options (but just as lovely...the bacon and omlettes are great). The quality of the food, the presentation, and service are fantastic, and you can eat breakfast quickly or you can take your time. I personally suggest you take your time and order a few extra cappucinos before you decide to wander onto the beach ....

.. the beach that is seconds from your breakfast seating. The same beach that you can party at the Full Moon Beach Party. Close enough to enjoy without the long journey home, and far enough away to leave th eparty when youve had enough. I would suggest that if you do go to the Full Moon Beach Party, to only buy your drinks and food from the Palita Lodge Hotel. Not only are they the only hotel to make fresh hot cooked chips to order (much needed after a few buckets), the food is cleaner, fresher and tastier.

If you can also attend their Full Moon Beach Party Buffet, it costs THB500 pp for the food, and the food is just delicious! In love spicy and Thai food so its eay for me to say, but friends who werent so keen loved the food too. Such a great price too! If you order the juices, make sure you ask for NO SUGAR! :)

We didnt use the pool this time, but even though it was not a hueg pool there was always space to use it if we wanted.

if you are travelling to Koh Phanghan or the Full Moon Beach Party, there is no otehr place to stay but Palita Lodge. The staff, the family, the food, the beds, teh showers, teh rooms, the pool, the easy access, the coordination of the private boats and transfer s.. it was PERFECT in every way.

Thank you, thank you, I will be back before the end of the year for sure! I miss this hotel every day :)

Room Tip: The suites with the lounges are value for money, and the use of the Thai beds are great for relasing...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paula H
Reviewed 18 June 2012

After 3 days here last year we loved it so much we came back for 10 days. Because of the full moon party, we deliberately chose to stay after the full moon party, not realising that the party date had changed, so we opnly missed it by one night. We booked a beachfront cabin, but only lasted 5 days because the consistent dance beat between sunset and sunrise (actually from lunchtime to sunrise) was torment. The management was fabulous and offered us ear plugs, but the beat and bass was so loud it was like it was coming through the floor. So we moved back from the beach, to a beautiful, much bigger suite, and although the room and setting were beautiful, it did not stop the beat. We also enjoyed the food here very much, and much as we kept on promising to try different restaurants, we kept on coming back to the Palita Lodge to eat because the food is fabulous.We have enjoyed staying here very much, and would love to come back but the lack of quality sleep is the only thing that stops us. If only there was some regulation with the noise, perhaps stop at 2am instead of all night.

Room Tip: As nice as the beach view is, it is much quieter in the Garden View rooms, and the suites are superb...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Great place at Haad Rin Nok (Sunrise Beach) and their location is great with pool and beach front. The staff are very friendly. Stayed here off the Full mon season, so was very quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed here in mid-January 2012 and it was great. The bungalows on the beach are fantastic and each have there own balcony/verandah overlooking the beach. The breakfasts are absolutely beautiful and I ate at the restaurant for lunch one day and it was similarly excellent. Would receommend if you are visiting Hadd Rin however I imagine it would be extremely loud during a full moon party.

Room Tip: Beach bungalow rooms are great and each have a private balcony overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple