Stayed for New Years Full Moon Party.
- got suite type A which was lovely
- great swimming pool
- hotel at quiet end of Had Rin (but still not quiet)
- no one walks through hotel between town and beach given its location
- convenient ferry pick-up (complimentary)
- cheap laundry service
- Sky TV had good channels - news & sport
- rooms cleaned well every day
- nice fairy lights in resort at night
- good breakfast by Thai standards
- no reception desk really to speak of or central lodge building. The shack like bar / reception & restaurant is all there is located next to the staff house where they do their washing, cooking, keep the dogs, etc
- kitchens where they prepared average food looked questionable
- pool toilets unusable, always went back to room
- generally pool (although wood work not maintained) and suites outclass rest of 'resort' so if you shelled out on one then you're left dissappointed by the rest of the place that doesn't live up to expectations
- service was dreadful, long waits for drinks, wrong meals would arrive, then your meal would arrive twice! You are often left sitting with dirty plates and no drinks
- NYE Gala dinner was a sham, the food cooked was the bog-standard menu in bigger quantities laid out in a buffet - nothing special like a seafood grill maybe or a cocktail included, total waste of money
- Not enough sun-loungers when resort is busy
- smell - all of Had Rin stinks of stagnant water. Palita lodge has its own water / sewerage issues like all the others.
- As it was NYE week we had to book a full seven days. Two nights on Had Rin is more than enough so given this its not worth staying here.
Its not worth getting the nicest room in this shabby resort, and its not fun staying for seven nights. You're better off getting a cheaper room in a nicer place up the coast for three nights and booking transport to the full moon party.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Palita Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palita Hotel Koh Phangan
- Palita Hotel Ko Phangan
- Palita Resort Ko Phangan