“Exceeded expectations and great staff!”
Review of Palita Lodge

Palita Lodge
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Stayed with Palita last week and they exceeded my expectations. When we arrived the grounds were much more beautiful than I expected and the staff was more than friendly. We were in the Ocean view room, which has a great spot right on the beach. There is a private balcony that you can watch the sunrise from every morning, or relax with a beer as the day comes to a close. The room has a fridge stocked with beers etc that are 60 baht ($2) the same price as the restraurant (about 10-20 baht or $.50 more than the 7-11, which is a great deal for a wet bar.
The room itself is cotemporary with nice floors. the bed is firm but comfy and they change the sheets, pillow cases and towels daily so you always have fresh linens! They also provide daily use of a beach towels for all guests...they take them back at the end of the night and wash them which is a great perk considering how stinky a pesonal beach towel can get on a trip!
The staff was great, always friendly and service for anything was always at a comfortable pace (not crazy fast, and not slow). We booked our trip to the Ang Thong Marine park through Palita as well as our boat to Ko Samui and were able to add it to our room bill (just like we were food and drinks). The food is good and we decided to eat at Palita about 5-6 times during our 4 day stay. On the last day, I was sick and they asked what the could do for me...make toast, anything to help. They gave me sprite with salt (suggested by local dr to settle stomaches) for free as I left for the boat, it was really nice how concerned they were.
One word of caution for light sleepers staying on the beach in Hadd Rin: Although Palita is on the opposite end of the beach from where the main party area is for the full moon party, the music from the bars referberates down the entire beach (and the bars party until 4am everynight) Although My wife and I had absolutely no problems sleeping...someone who is a light sleeper or needs absoulte quite may find this difficult. I would recommend a room more in the middle to back of the resort as the noise from the bars reduces substantially away from the beach. As for us, we would stay in the ocean view room again!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sfsteelersfan
There are newer reviews for Palita Lodge

Reviewed 8 February 2011

My aunt and I had a marvelous stay at Palita Lodge on Jan 26-28. We stayed in suite A, room 301. The room’s grand with gigantic bed, pretty interiors, and clean modern bathroom. Even though, it’s raining 2 out of 3 days of our stay (unusual for this season), we were very happy with warm service, excellent food, easy going atmosphere and gorgeous swimming pool-right on the beach. Staff’s very friendly and helpful. They treated you like family. We met guests who came to this Lodge every year because they feels like this‘s their 2nd home. The unforgettable Haad Rin beach’s very beautiful with immaculate white sand and quite, so relaxing. So sad we missed the Full Moon party. We would definitely visit again, but this time for the Full Moon party.
Tip: mosquito and insects are common in Thailand, so you should prepare.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kacamellia
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Stayed for New Years Full Moon Party.

Good things:
- got suite type A which was lovely
- great swimming pool
- hotel at quiet end of Had Rin (but still not quiet)
- no one walks through hotel between town and beach given its location
- convenient ferry pick-up (complimentary)
- cheap laundry service
- Sky TV had good channels - news & sport
- rooms cleaned well every day
- nice fairy lights in resort at night
- good breakfast by Thai standards

Bad things:
- no reception desk really to speak of or central lodge building. The shack like bar / reception & restaurant is all there is located next to the staff house where they do their washing, cooking, keep the dogs, etc
- kitchens where they prepared average food looked questionable
- pool toilets unusable, always went back to room
- generally pool (although wood work not maintained) and suites outclass rest of 'resort' so if you shelled out on one then you're left dissappointed by the rest of the place that doesn't live up to expectations
- service was dreadful, long waits for drinks, wrong meals would arrive, then your meal would arrive twice! You are often left sitting with dirty plates and no drinks
- NYE Gala dinner was a sham, the food cooked was the bog-standard menu in bigger quantities laid out in a buffet - nothing special like a seafood grill maybe or a cocktail included, total waste of money
- Not enough sun-loungers when resort is busy
- smell - all of Had Rin stinks of stagnant water. Palita lodge has its own water / sewerage issues like all the others.
- As it was NYE week we had to book a full seven days. Two nights on Had Rin is more than enough so given this its not worth staying here.

Its not worth getting the nicest room in this shabby resort, and its not fun staying for seven nights. You're better off getting a cheaper room in a nicer place up the coast for three nights and booking transport to the full moon party.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We arrived at the Palita Lodge after a long day of travel to extremelty friendly and welcoming staff. The location was perfect, with just a short walk down the beach to all the bars. The hotel was immaculate, with the grounds cleaned multiple times each day. Furthermore, upon our arrival we discovered that our rooms had been upgraded at no extra charge!!! By far, one of the best places we stayed during our travel in Thailand!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex2388
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I must firstly state I HAVEN'T stayed here. BUT!
My daughter is traveling Thailand alone and booked herself into accommodation which, whilst nothing wrong with it ,wasn't suitable for a single girl.
I received a phone call in the middle of the night from my distressed daughter who was so scared and frightened and had no way of accessing the internet or getting herself and belongings back to the main town in the night.
After several fraught hours on the internet I found Palita Lodge. But couldn't reserve the room via their web page because of the time difference and my daughter being unable to move to check in the same day.
I rang them and they said they would make the booking but I had to send an email with my credit card details. I had no choice but to do so. I was concerned, as you hear so many horror stories that they would debit my card and then the follow day say there was no room/reservation.
No. Quite the opposite. I'd made them aware of my daughters prediciment and they made her so welcome and showed her immense kindness and warmth.
My daughter says it is the most beautiful place and the owner's are genuinely lovely, gentle and generous people, who can't do enough to help you and make you feel welcome.
As they've shown such kindness, help and empathy to both myself and my daughter I promised I'd write about my dealings with them and I hope my daughter will too on her return.
One very happy and relieved Mum.
Thank you Nijita and all at Palita Lodge.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank anne_G57
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Myself and 5 friends stayed here for 6 nights over the Full Moon Party. We had booked online with another hotel but upon arriving we were told they had no record of our reservation, so had a walk along the beach where we discovered the gem that was Palita Lodge! The staff could not have been friendlier, especially Sue!! So so helpful, happy to do whatever you asked of them. We had 2 triple rooms, with a double bed and sofa bed, but the double bed was more than big enough for 3 of us. Bathroom was gorgeous with a huge shower. Maids were in every day and room was spotless. They even played 52 card pickup for us which we felt quite guilty about.. Food was lovely and cheap! Pool was gorgeous, cleaned every night and comfortable sun loungers to relax on. Stunning view out onto the sea. We had a bit of a disaster on our last night where one of us got injured and we couldn't get the boat that Sue had booked for us but she re-arranged it for the following day, even packed us a lunch to take with us! And arranged for Doctor Sam to call to hotel and check up on my friend!! It was noisy during night of FMP as our room was just beside the pool, very close to the beach but with enough sangsom and buckets you'll soon fall asleep! Just a shame that we stayed there on our first week because for the rest of our stay we compared each hotel to Palita Lodge, and nowhere lived up to it! Expensive for Thailand, we paid £35 each per night but worth every penny! Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank aday167
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stayed in the wooden bungalows which are basic, but comfortable. What really sells this place is the amazing beach right out front, and the staff - who couldn't do enough for you. A great place for travellers and families alike.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple