Milky Bay Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Ananpura Resotel(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
V-View Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Le Divine Comedie(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Beachfront
Mac's Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
B 52 Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
All reviewsbamboo forestfull moon partystandard bungalowkoh phanganbruschettapool tableping pong tablebeachfront restauranthalf moonair confree transfermini barbeach frontrestaurant staffprivate beachmosquito netstayed longer
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The hotel is amazingly beautiful, with it being right on the beach with stunning panoramic views. A truly wonderful stay with amazing staff, the food at the restaurant was amazing, a bit of a mess up on the prawns not being cleaned, but a small blip and they soughted it out straight away. Lifts to and from the full moon party where great as well

• Stayed: October 2012
ComaBlack, General Manager at Milky Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Sawasdee kub

Thank you so much for your review. We, every staff in every department, have worked so hard, with hearts, in order to provide the quality services, comfort, friendliness, great food and beverage, etc to every guest. We are very happy and appreciate that you had chosen Milky Bay Resort to be a part of your Thailand trip :) Wherever you are, I hope you are doing very well there and take care and hope to see you back here again in Milky Bay Resort :)

Naruedon Duriyaprapan (Pond)

Reviewed 30 October 2012

This place was the highlight of our trip to Koh Phangan. The hotel is very service oriented, with the friendliest staff we've seen in Thailand. You get a free transportation from the pier or from your previous hotel. We booked only one night but ended up staying for a week - it was so good. We ordered the most basic room but decided to upgrade it to superior which was totally worth the $5 difference. If you book for 3 nights and above, there is a discount.

The restaurant is beautifully set up right on the beach and has probably the best food on the island, breakfast is yummy, BBQ is just delicious. The lounge area is cozy and relaxing. You can play pool, ping pong, badminton, all free of charge.
The beach is not the best on the island but there is a pool and the atmosphere in the hotel totally compensates for it. The location is good, quiet but a short ride to many parties and other points of interest. We rented a bike for the first time in our life and it was a great experience on its own, the roads in the area are flat and safer than in Haad Rin and north east/west. The central road to Chaloklum and Malibu beach (central north) is just gorgeous and also flat.

The manager deserves particular gratefulness - the guy helped us so much with so many things. Whether it concerned our stay in the hotel or other issues, his helpfulness was beyond what you would normally expect from a hotel manager. Pond, thank you so much!

Overall, you get the greatest value for money and we would recommend this hotel to everyone, and will definitely be back some time.

Marina & Eyal, Israel

Room Tip: "Superior rooms are great"
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
ComaBlack, General Manager at Milky Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Sawasdee kub,

This is Pond the manager of Milky Bay Resort :) Firstly I really appreciate your review and I promise you guys that I will try my best to maintain the standards of the resort and will make it even better in some particular areas. Please let me know when you want to come back here again I would love to chat with you more :D Anyway, if you have any question, curiosity or you need any help about traveling in Thailand please let me I will be there for you guys :)

Last but not least, Thank you so much for choosing Milky Bay Resort to be one of your Thailand trip. I wish you guys all the best and have a safe trip and take care and good luck with everything. Hope I can see you guys again in the future someday :)

ps. This is my first ever review reply. Sorry if I wrote not that formal :)

Naruedon Duriyaprapan (Pond),

Reviewed 24 October 2012

First the positives:
Others have written about how great this place is. They are right -- the beachfront lounge chairs are fun to hang out on, and the drinks at the bar are very good.
The BBQ was absolutely amazing: We had the whole red snapper, which was so fresh and perfectly seasoned. Probably one of the best meals we had in Asia.

Another good thing is the new manager. His name is Pond and he "gets it" when it comes to the needs of Western travelers. This is probably since he has lived in the US and Europe and wants to give the best service possible.

The negatives:
1. The front desk staff is TERRIBLE. They are either very mean/angry when you ask for help, or they simply don't care to try to help customers, and that is an understatement. (But don't worry, the rest of the hotel staff is really great)
2. The cheapest rooms are bad. They are no more than wooden bungalows on stilts that have holes in the floor which let insects come in at night. They are also tiny. Consider paying $5 more a night and getting a significantly better room.

Room Tip: Don't take the cheapest rooms, you will regret it.
Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Sawasdee kub

This is Pond the Thai guy who had many and many and many conversations with you :) Hope you are doing just great wherever you are at the moment. I just wanted to say I appreciate for your review which helps us to realize more about our weaknesses.

Firstly, thank you for your positives. Our restaurant has a very good reputation in location, decoration, music, services, food and drink quality. I am saying that we will try our best to maintain the standards in order to maximize the guest happiness staying with us at Milky Bay Resort.

Secondly, we had a talk about it and again I really do apologize about the receptionist issue. However a week after you left we had a big change in reception section and now this problem has been solved and this will be proved by reviews from now on :) About the standard room case, I went to check myself and found the problem you mentioned and this problem is solved :)

Your positives brought us the happiness to our hearts and your negatives woke us up and went to solve the problems right away. Again, thank you. Take care and I hope to see you one day again in Milky Bay Resort

ps. Next time try mussels. The Israel couple above you really loved it :D

Naruedon Duriyaprapan,

Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

Such a lovely resort. Private section of beach, lovely pool with enough loungers for everyone. Table tennis, volley ball, pool table etc.

Food was great, breakfasts were large and a good selection of food. Everything we tried was delicious.

The rooms were good size, big bathroom, comfy beds, mini bars etc. and were very clean on arrival.

The staff was so friendly and helpful and really make the stay that much nicer.

Would recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing break with the option to taxi into busiest areas for bars and other restaraunts.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Charlotte P
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Couldn't fault milky bay, we had a superior room as it was large for $48 a night including breakfast and transfers - bargain in my opinion! The food at the restaurant which we ate at 3-4 times over our two days was great! Massages lovely about 300 baht for one hour. Happy hour cocktails are about 100 baht from memory and they have this terrific little bar on the beach. They have a pizza oven on the beach and we had pizza from there - very nice! Overall would 100% recommend this resort and will come back if and when I get the chance!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple