“Perfect - from A to Z”

Ranked #18 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Greater Zurich Area
“Perfect - from A to Z”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

First: Koh Phangan is still one of our Top-3-Destinations worldwide. It's touristy, but it's still Koh Phangan. It's still original, quite and peaceful. The Milky Bay Resort is very styleful with nice rooms and villas directly at a small till very small Strip of Beach. But hey, that's what Bantai is standing for - we love this kind of beach, we love the groove! And: We loved all the staff - from Reception to Restaurant and Beach Bar: They really know how to serve you - just great and not common in Asian Countrys (sorry, I love this countries but the service in the restaurants is often not that what it could be :-) Food was fantastic, room was big and clean. Just Great. Thank you all and we come again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Climber70
ComaBlack, Guest Relations Manager at Milky Bay Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
A lovely review thank you very much. It's very satisfying to hear that the staff took good care of you and that the service and facilities you got was up to your expectations.We are pleased to hear that Koh Phangan hasn't lost its charm and that you will return.We sure do hope to see you again at Milky Bay Resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The staff at Milky Bay were very friendly and helpful. The site is lovely and the facilities are great. However, we had to show a copy of our booking to get the free transfer, massage and dinner. They don't give if you don't ask, but are happy to oblige. The night after the full moon party there was a boat party nearby and trance music playing beyond 3am, which was not much fun. The other night was nice and quiet, but after three days we were bored of Phangan. It's a lovely place to go if you want to sit on the beach or party until dawn, but there isn't much else to do. The massage was nice. The food was delicious, but a little expensive for Thailand. The room was tiny and we had to ask for a mosquito net, but it was pleasant, comfortable and very welcoming. The sand off of the small beach felt slimy/sticky, so we ended up using the pool more than we usually would.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review.All your points are noted.Koh Phangan is still a relatively undeveloped island and yes we sometimes have to just rely on its natural beauty and nature to amuse us.Hope you enjoyed the full moon party and felt revived after your stay.
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My first visit to KPG in 2012 I stayed at another hotel on the island. While there I was blown away but the amazing service from everyone, but specifically from a young guy named 'Machi.'

When I arrived again to Phangan last month I returned to that same hotel, only to learn he no longer worked there. Disappointed, the staff told me he was now at Milky Bay Resort a little bit further down the road. Since I had no reservation I decided to check Milky Bay out.

I was ecstatic to see Machi working at the front desk. It had been nearly 2 years and he still remembered me! He showed me the resort and the rooms. Very nice setting, clean and quiet beach. I was sold! Found the food to be a little more expensive, but was still quite good. Free Wifi is available. Even on the beach, albeit a bit spotty. Service was exceptional at the restaurant, bar and again Machi and his colleague Pim (?) were outstanding at the front desk!! Really the highlight of the stay were the wonderful staff - keep up the excellent work guys!!!
Don't know when I'll be back but I hope to run into you all again! - cheers

P.S. I RARELY leave reviews but thought it necessary in this case!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
ComaBlack, Guest Relations Manager at Milky Bay Resort, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
I am thrilled you found our resort and tracked Machi down and weren't disappointed.We hope you will visit us again if you return and make your third trip to Thailand as enjoyable.Thank you very much for a wonderful review.
Holland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Its my 2nd time to staying at Milky bay resort and i can't say this place is the best in the world but this resort have style its from my feeling, people say SAWADEE KAP all the time and big smile. I was book a big room by reception house its really big for me and yes its noisy from car scooter but anyway its not home! i don't mine i sleep at night not a day time any ways i love jungle, love private corner and wood chair its amazing every time to stay at MILKY BAY RESORT.

Room Tip: its not 5 stars and its in a jungle don't be too much need from the place its good enough.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
I'm thrilled to hear that your stay second time round was as good as the first.Thank you very much for your review and we hope we will see you a third time.
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Amazing place situated in "jungle" which was created around and let you rest and relax in the best way. Staff is very friendly, they are helpful, positive and happy- so it is very nice to be there. You can be sure they provide you the highest level of service. Good restaurant where you can find delicious thai food, beautiful beach and the best view point to see sunset, proffesional thai massage in a veeeery good price, cozy bungalows where your privacy is highly respected. The best resort i have ever been, I have never found such kind of place in europe.

Room Tip: There is one "sea view" bungalow but i do not recomend it because is situated on the way f...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Amazing review thank you so much.The staffs attitude's and energy rub off on the guests so I am really happy that they gave you good service and were friendly and happy.Im also happy that you enjoyed the Thai massages and sunsets.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Milkybay is a beautiful resort don't get me wrong. Upon arriving here we fell in love with our room, the serenity, and staff who were ever so welcoming and enthusiastic. The food was exquisite and at a reasonable price too. That is until our first night's sleep. It appeared that the air conditioning was on but regardless, we had the worst nights sleep of our life sweating and battling with the duvet, it was in fact cooler outside than in our room. Then after perhaps an hours sleep, the loudest drilling and banging from building work started at 8am, right by our room. Of course it was impossible to sleep after that, so we went to breakfast where the overly friendly waiters awaited us, but their friendly excited outbursts were not returned by our grouchy, miserable moods from lack of sleep. This happened every morning for the duration of our stay, and we were so tired that we slept in all day and missed the sunshine for near enough the remainder of our holiday. Therefore, overall its rather hard to judge Milkybay resort, on one hand it is beautiful and inviting, on the other hand our stay was ruined by a few things so simple that they should have pre warned us about before booking, and we would have loved it in every way...(bar the bugs, ants, beatles, lizzards, and mosquitos which found their way into our room). Really it was practically a jungle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank vanessa b
ComaBlack, Guest Relations Manager at Milky Bay Resort, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
We appreciate all reviews as long as they are fair.We are disappointed that even though you were happy with everything in the resort bar the building noise during the day you still only gave us 2 stars.I do apologise for the building noise coming from a small abolition block for guests near our reception area which did stop on the Friday as said, but do not quite understand why you didn't get any sleep if the noise was during the day time.I am also dismayed that we received 15 e mails from yourselves re the problem, to our staff, without coming to reception to discuss your problem and when our staff approached your room you told them to email you.I do wish you just came to reception and I am sure they could have moved you to a noise free room..As for the indigenous geckos leopards,elephants etc.Sorry but we cannot completely control the wildlife of Thailand.We also have noticed that you have sent two reviews from your room which is also a little unfair especially after we tried to help you.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Ok so the positives first! This place is beautiful has incredible views, the private villas are spacious & well thought out & the food is fantastic, staff are great and the beach is lovely. However;
Monday night - air conditioning didn't work so no sleep & unbearable heat.
Tuesday 8am - building work & fixing air con so no sleep
Wednesday 8am - building work (drilling & banging right outside our room again) I sent a email to reception to let them know we hadn't slept for 3 nights & they assured me the banging would be less noticeable on Thursday & completely stop Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday
Thursday 8am - building work again but to be fair slightly quiter
Thursday pm - rented some DVDs from reception but DVD player broken night reception staff very helpful & replaced it straight away but then DVD didn't work either!

Friday 8am - building work back in full swing extremely loud and in the same spot outside our room! Also people also cutting trees outside our room (very loud) one even landed on our roof!

We are still staying here at the moment and extremely frustrated as we were not told about this building work before travel and also were assured it would stop today (Friday) but it is back in the same place and as loud! I haven't received any responses today from reception so thought trip advisor be the best place to vent my anger. I had a better nights sleep in the middle of chewang beach, Koh Samui! This place is beautiful but if your exhausted you can't enjoy it.
Also if your not a fan of bugs don't come here ants everywhere - in your room, in your bed, on the toilet paper on the dining tables in the restaurant yuk!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Becki B
We appreciate all reviews as long as they are fair.We are disappointed that even though you were happy with everything in the resort bar the building noise during the day you still only gave us 2 stars.I do apologise for the building noise coming from a small ablution block being built for guests near our reception area, which did stop on the Friday as said, but do not quite understand why you didn't get any sleep if the noise was during the day time.I am also dismayed that we received 15 e mails from yourselves re the problem within a few hours without coming to reception to discuss your problem.When our staff approached your room you told them to email you instead.I do wish you just came to reception and I am sure they could have moved you to a noise free room which I believe they did offer you and you turned it down.As for the indigenous geckos leopards,elephants etc, I am sorry but we cannot completely control the wildlife of Thailand.Our reception staff tried really hard by giving you free breakfast every morning to try make your stay more pleasant but to no avail.

We have noticed that you have sent two reviews from your room which is also a little unfair, especially after we did try to help you in every way.Really disappointed we could not satisfy you.