I can't recommend this place!
I'm sure it's a bit of a problem generally in koh phangan with the full mooners coming in and out every month but I stayed here during a different time of month, you still get the feeling that you are an inconvenience, not a guest, and was overall unhappy.
First of all, the Hotel is a long walk on a crummy, barbed wire lined narrow road from town or the beach. The last part of the road is the worst with a combo of loose dirt and incline steep enough that I saw a sober person just completely wipe out, losing his footing. The hotel staff claimed they are not allowed to pave it. Yeah right, I don't believe that for a second and at the prices they charge it's unacceptable.
I found the front desk staff quite unhelpful and not friendly. Even though the hotel is so distant there's no help getting around and they severely overcharge you for a cab.
The pool is a joke. Small and not well maintained.
I stayed in 2 different rooms. The standard bathroom was pretty gross. Built up gunk on everything and I had pieces of a tourist map taped over the windows instead of screens.
The sheets were filthy when I first checked in and had to be replaced.
The other superior room was better and pleasant to wake up in but still nowhere to hang a towel. How hard is that to add to an expensive room?!
Wifi was pretty inconsistent. It doesn't reach a lot of the rooms ( even the ones it's supposed to). You can sit at reception and get a signal but at dusk you will be eaten alive by Mosquitos.
In addition I left something in my room at check out. There's clearly no system in place for this and I was told nothing was found. Obviously the staff stole it, it's just a matter of who.
This place has potential but they clearly make the money they want with no desire to care about their guests or take care of the place. The long walk to anything else means when you leave your room you're gone for the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarikantang Reosort & Spa, a casual small beach resort in Haad Rin, Koh Phangan, located just 5 minutes walk in to Haad Rin city and the full moon party. The great place with best combination of relaxing beach life and exciting night party in Koh Phangan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sarikantang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarikantang Hotel Koh Phangan
- Sarikantang Resort And Spa
- Sarikantang Ko Phangan
- Sarikantang Hotel Ko Phangan