Sarikantang Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Leela Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Sea Breeze Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Hua Laem Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Beachfront
Suncliff Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Beachfront
Sunrise Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate beachhaad rindeluxe lanaifull moonleela beachpool access roomsmall hillminute walkbeach bagbeach frontstandard roombean bagsmain beachparty islandfree shuttlestayed for nightslow tide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We were staying there for 4 days,and my husband caught cold,I've ask for a hot water at night and nobody help me-man that was on reception tell me that kitchen does not work and recommended to ask in other hotel.I was very angry:(and there's not enough sunbeds on the beach for customers.Hotel is clean and beautiful.Clean beach.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Varvarka
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Let's get the negatives out of the way first...
- Highly variable customer service. Generally lovely, but not always.
- Poorly handled error on our confirmation that lead us to believe we had a lot less to pay than we actually did.
- The old lady owner stands at reception of the entrance or the restaurant like an unpleasant overlord who refuses to engage, respond or smile and sometimes that rubs off on the staff.
- Tried to get us to pay for a plate that was accidentally dropped. We refused and it was dropped but it may have been added on to our final bill. We didn't check.

and to the positives...
- We stayed in deluxe with outdoor bath then duluxe pool access (swim up)
- Once you start paying for the more expensive rooms, well worth paying that little bit extra to get the pool access!!!!! It was only $13 USD difference for a deluxe bungalow to a pool access room.
- A nice distance from the madness but still well and truly close enough.
- Locals told us that they call this area/beach "Jew Beach"
- Area heavily populated by Israeli people, particularly next door at Coco Hut which had loud but fun afternoon sessions. You can't hear this from Sarikantang.

Recommendations...
- Buy a lilo and get it the very agreebale indian called Babu to pump it up for you so you can float around in the calm beach between Sarikantang and Coco Hut.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get the pool access room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucas and Chris... M
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in early december and it really felt like home. The staff are all so nice,the room (superior) was clean and comfortable the food was nice and reasonable. The pool was clean and the beach was nice and peaceful. The only thing i disliked was the access road to the hotel but i guess its not their fault. I would definately stay here again as its value for money and very relaxing.

Room Tip: Superior rooms close to reception is the better option so that you are close to restaurant,beach & pool. I had room 21 and i loved it :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kylie e
Reviewed 18 December 2012

we were in the private pool room on our honeymoon.
the room was great! you have private pool and the beach is really close.
the breakfast was great, served by demend.
The private beach is quite and really close.

Room Tip: pool access - worth the money
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Royi P
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed at Sarikantang two years ago with a group of friends while we were travelling around Asia. It was a welcome break from the dirty hotels that we had stayed in elsewhere, but a lot has changed since those days. When I arrived at the resort this summer I noticed that the small huts with hammocks that we had stayed in had disappeared. Instead there was a two or three storey building with a pool right next to it. I imagine a lot of people would find it a pleasant sight but I didn't like it at all, it was as if the charm of the resort had just disappeared. The staff at the reception were polite but not that friendly. We had dinner a couple of times at the resort's restaurant and needed to send back one specific dish (it was way too spicy, uneatible). The waitress promised us that we could send back the dish and get another one in return for free but when we went to the desk to pay for our meals she couldn't remember any of it so we ended up paying for three extra meals that we hadn't even eaten (except for one bite).
The spa's prices were really high in comparison to other spas I've visited in Thailand and whenever we walked by there was no one there (not a good sign). The private beach is really clean and calming though. The breakfast was ok (great choice).
We stayed at the most expensive suite which had a great view but wasn't really worth the money.
Make sure you arrive before dark so that the resort's staff can pick you up at the pier, taxi drivers will not want to drop you off at the resort because of the small unpaved road.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends