I am just back from one month travelling around Thailand and during that time I stayed in a lot of different hotels. First impressions of the hotel room weren't the best. The decor was modern and contemporary but some of the fixtures and fittings were in bad condition - stained etc. We had the deluxe pool access room and I've got to admit stepping from the room into the pool was a bonus. Of all the hotels my friend and I stayed in this one smelled the worst for sewage and during showering the smell coming out of the drains was enough to turn your stomach. The hotel is set on a beautiful private beach and they provide loungers and beanbags to enjoy the setting. The hotel staff are fantastic and really went out of their way to help. I needed to go to the local police station for a police report after being robbed on Haad Rin beach and the hotel were great and took me there. Another day we wanted to go to the falls and the owner of the hotel took us personally. It's a family run hotel and very friendly. Whilst on the island I visited another hotel nearby for some yoga and I could see exactly where I felt the Sarikantang needed to improve. With a few more lounge areas, comfy seating and some good music I think this hotel could be a very nice retreat. For me, it lacked atmosphere. I didn't spend a lot of time in the communal areas and spent a lot of my time out with the hotel. The pictures are exactly what you can expect, the setting is blissful and the beach is beautiful.
Location wise, it's in a great location very close to Haad Rin but far away enough to stay peaceful.
If you do decide to stay here then make sure you visit The Lighthouse which is to the left of the hotel at the other end of the beach. The sunsets from here are amazing!
Hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarikantang Reosort & Spa, a casual small beach resort in Haad Rin, Koh Phangan, located just 5 minutes walk in to Haad Rin city and the full moon party. The great place with best combination of relaxing beach life and exciting night party in Koh Phangan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sarikantang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarikantang Hotel Koh Phangan
- Sarikantang Resort And Spa
- Sarikantang Ko Phangan
- Sarikantang Hotel Ko Phangan