“Beautiful resort with bungalows on the beach”

Sarikantang Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Prague, Czech Republic
“Beautiful resort with bungalows on the beach”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We had only 1 night left just to visit Haad Rin no tine for rest of island and we decided to find a great place for our last night. We went from Samui by ferry to Haad Rin and then after we got some fliers from hotel's promoters we visited several hotels before taking our decision in our way to Sarikantang resort. After seeing prices and offers in 3 hotels we decided to stay in Sarikantang. In summary, we got a good price better than others and in a clean, simple but modern at the same time bungalow with private hammock. Positives: beach just 20m far, 2 swimming pool, room price, and clean-modern room, kind service and staff. Negative: road to access the resort is in really bad conditions. Better for families, couples, place to relax although just 5-10 min far on foot to party. I finished my trip in Thailand looking forward to come back just to Koh Phangan to me better than to stay in Koh Samui. I can highly recommend this resort if the keep prices and service. A paradise where will be back in future!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Medialdea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

After an extremely windy drive from the ferry and down a dirt track, you reach Sarikantang. It is set on a small bay with small resorts each side, with a beach that is not swimmable.

Photos from their website do it a lot more justice than what it is. The rooms are quite small, just fitting three people. The staff are somewhat helpful 10% of the time and speak little English.

The restaurant is helpful to grab food instead of the walk into town.

There is no wifi in the rooms, only at the restaurant and it is quite temperamental.

I would only recommend this place if you don't mind being on a really quiet beach and don't plan on doing much exploring of the rest of the island.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Brigitte B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

this was way out of out budget but we wanted somewhere not grotty for full moon so in the words of the lonely planet 'splurged' on this place. although it was expensive in the resteraunt the buffet before full moon was spectacular we ate out in town most of the time. the walk into town wasn't to bad - just one little hill. the rooms were just what you expect for what you pay - incredible. the only bad thing was leaving - it was very hard to say goodbye.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I booked the room about 30 minutes before I arrived on booking.com. When I arrived they had almost prepared the room so once check in was competed it was ready.

The staff were super friendly and accommodating. They warned me I may stay longer the one night that I had booked. I should have listened.

I had a superior room for the first night which was a lovely little hut with all the modern amenities. Room was spotlessly clean.

I enjoyed it so much I decided to stay for 3 more nights. They had warned me I should have told them when I checked in if I wanted to keep my room. Instead they moved me to a room just as nice closer to the pool. They also gave me 20% discount on my new room which was a welcome and unexpected bonus.

The infinity pool is great the second pool is not so clean but then again it's surrounded by trees. Beach is incredible but there is a lot of seaweed in the sea compared to hadrin beach which is a 5 minute walk. The hammocks on the beach and outside the room really give you the paradise feel. Many a night was spent with a book a beer and a hammock.

The maids were amazing I just dumped all my clothes on the floor when I arrived and went to explore after the first night they had folded my clothes for me. Again they went the extra mile.

If you want to stay in hadrin but don't want all the hustle and bustle after a night out and a busy day I highly recommend this resort.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Richard K
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Booked in here last minute whilst travelling around the islands...
delighted with choice as resort was beautiful. Great restaurant and bar! Accommodation was only a few steps from the stunning beach, clean and spacious with comfortable bed good air con and great shower..what more could you need! Close enough to town to easily walk but far enough away to seem much more isolated and peaceful! Perfect location, lovely resort, staff were all helpful and friendly and my stay was a memorable part to my amazing holiday thank you all!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

A sanctuary within a party island. Thanks to nina and polar bear particularly for their excellent service and help throughout our stay. The rooms were excellent and great value and the private beach was beautiful. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
INDIA
Reviewed 4 July 2014

i simply love this place. had been twice and i wish i can be there for my every holiday. no words to explain the resort . one should stay and then they can realize what a paradise it is. everything is excellent , the location , the beach , the rooms , the staff. will be traveling again to this place in august.

i have been there once with my family and once with my wife. this place makes you feel romantic even in your middle age.

no words to explain i simply love this place its the best destination to spend your vacations.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple