All reviews private beach haad rin full moon beachfront suite leela beach pool access room small hill short walk bean bags standard room beach front shuttle service party island main beach free shuttle the beach is nice stayed for nights
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Our room was tired and could do with some updating but views and beach were incredible!

Basic but more than ample breakfast, dinner was also good but portions a little small.

Short walk to full moon beach party but a long walk to the main resort town with many hills, as you would expect in Koh Phangan

A lot of bugs but the hotel does provide mosquito repellant to help counteract this. Staff (especially reception) were very pleasant and couldn’t do enough to help.

If not for the beautiful beach would have received a rating of 3

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Very good hotel
The staff was very good and very kind
The guests are kind and pleasent.
The hotel located perfectly in a quite and peacefull place by the sea.
The rooms are good, and as we try one of the many atractions that the place serve we was enjoyed a great yoga class
We highly recommended to visit this hotel to a perfect vacation

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Dinp45
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

My friends and I stayed there for a few nights and it was truly an amazing experience.
The room was scented with lemongrass aroma and the lighting and the over all atmosphere inside the room was instantly calming me down and making me unwind and feel relaxed. The room was surrounded by woods yet there was a beautiful beach nearby. We couldn’t swim in the ocean due some kind of jellyfish in the water (but it only appears there seasonally) but we could go for a swim on the nearby party beach.
All the staff were friendly. Breakfast on a beach front was amazing and fresh. Couple of pools were clean and well looked after.
If you get bored there you can rent a car/scooter and have a look around the island. There are many beautiful places to visit.
There was not much I would dislike while staying in this resort.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank barborah646
Reviewed 31 October 2018

With this being my second stay at Sarikantang resort, I was sure to be greeted on arrival with the familiar smiles and warm welcome by the team that make this place my favorite place to relax in Thailand.
I came for 7 nights stay this time around with my partner and couldn’t be more happy with my choice.

ROOM:
Opening the door, a soothing smell of lemongrass relaxed our entry to a personalized greeting displayed out across the bed in rose petals. Lemongrass stalks were used to spell out our names accompanied by tiny elephants made from towels. It was such a surprise, as i have never had this kind of thoughtful gesture from any hotel in the past. It showed the extra effort made for our stay to be made even more comforting.
The room was kept clean and immaculate everyday with the maids attention to detail. Refilling and stocking of all our toiletries kept us clean and fresh. Air conditioning provided a cool constant temperature to accommodate the Thai tropical heat which brought it down to a comfortable level very quickly. We had a balcony with hammock and was a great place to eat Lunch or relax and read. We also had a mini bar and complementary water that was replaced daily for our needs. The TV had access to a number of channels and streamed movies, Though our room did come with a DVD player plus free movies located down at the front reception.

BEACH:
Sarikantangs location is placed quietly at the bottom of the island in Haad Rin. Since it was the low season, we pretty much had the beautiful sandy beach to ourselves. The hotel has access to large bean bags that are great to lay on out in the sun throughout the day. Lounges are also available to admire the breathtaking view and take in the sunset when the sun departs.
Not only is there a beach side pool, there is also another in front of a gym room that is new. I used the equipment three times. I have to say it is great working out, looking over a pool and beach at the same time. Additionally you can use the free paddle boards to swim out a bit a lay among the fish to suntan on the water.
The Resort Is also close to town and the full moon party beach. Which means it only take 5 minutes on foot to get there for local produce and entertainment.

SPA:
This was my first massage in the resort. I missed the opportunity first time around, not this time. I was treated to a most memorable aromatherapy massage in front of the resorts beach. On this day the weather had a slight bit of rain that added to the experience. My well trained therapist did such a great job. She used the local coconut oil to relax me and my muscles after the days activities. I must say if you are to visit, you should definitely book an appointment. Some say you can go into town to get one, though you cant get the same atmosphere and quality like I experienced here.

RESTAURANT:
Once again I can not fault one thing with my most joyful part of this resort. Every morning I had the pleasure to indulge in the buffet breakfast. The options from fresh fruit and salads to the pancakes sausages and coffee made my mornings that much better. They also had a chef on standby cooking up your choice of various egg combinations. Being that an omelet or scrambled mixed with dressings of your choice. I really did love waking up to my mornings of tasty treats.

On our evenings, everything we ordered was so delicious and mouth watering. I had a hard time containing myself with the various tastes exploding in my mouth. The staff had also went to the trouble and set a private table with beautiful fairy lights out front looking over the beach. This had us watch the sunset while exploring our taste buds with the cooks amazing gifts of food. I cant choose just one of the dishes to recommend, as they were all to my utmost high tick of approval if you want perfection in the kitchen. We did order like 5 creme brulee though for desert.

Staff:
Finally to the most valued and most important part of this resort. I have been to so many places in my life of travel. I can honestly say that I have never experienced the most loving, helpful and accommodating family like the one here.

To all the Front end staff (Jane especially) I really appreciate how much hard work and planning you did to make my stay another memorable vacation in paradise. Your endless efforts of showing me how to make someone feel special and welcome was so thoughtful and really appreciated. I feel like your duties to attend to our needs overreached expectations beyond just hospitality. I cant wait to come back and visit again. I can only dream the nights away, counting the days until I can be welcomed once again. The enchanting resort known as Sarikantang.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank macca c
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

I was impressed before I arrived and got a warmly welcome from them. The staff, they had service mind, helpful, friendly and they gave me good advises for snorkling point on the island, very spacial thanks to front staff office.
I just stayed delux room for 2 nights. In the last night, I got an motorcycle accident, I came alone, no buddy. I coundn't walk without crutch. They offered the upgrading room and gave me a private phone number for calling when I needed a help at night, and so many helpful offers. I was very extremely impress with their amezing service.
Perfect room and comfortable, there's a hammock in front of the room and little pool near room. Calm but there's staff walked pass all day and foods're very nice but quite expensive.
This is the best resort that I've ever stayed. I will come back again.

Date of stay: November 2017