“The Heaven that is Harmony....”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Harmony Beach Resort
Ranked #59 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 1 June 2010

After travelling aroung south east Asia for a month or two I decided it was time to chill out in one place. Harmony was the perfect solution. The accommodation is pretty basic with a llittle bit of style but it's all about the atmosphere that has been created by Dave Harmony (English Manager) and the staff. Nothing is too much trouble, the food served is extremely tasty and all in a beautiful setting with some spectacular sunsets.

Don't be put off by the steep walk down from the main road as once you stumble into the resort you'll quickly realise you've stumbled upon a little Thai gem. Chilled music greets you and there is no doubt that the residents staying at the resort will be on their second, third trip there.....that speaks for itself.

An excellent find.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Harmony Beach Resort

Reviewed 31 May 2010

What can I say about Harmony Beach.... My partner and I arrived generally unexposed to Thailand, although not Asia. As soon as we arrived at Harmony the staff were welcoming, polite and helpful. Our ‘tree house’ room was impressive; large t.v, tastefully built, yards from the beach, and very authentic. We had a fabulous outdoor shower which overlooked the sea. The private beach itself was never busy, and particularly beautiful at sun set/rise.
Harmony has as restaurant/bar open from breakfast to late evening, and in the ten days we stayed the food was excellent, and very reasonably priced.
That only leaves me to talk of the people at Harmony that really made our holiday. There was always a friendly, relaxed, liked minded crowd around the bar, many of which were there for a third or fourth visit. And as for the owner Dave, well, his personality and hospitality was second to none, giving advice and history on the whole of Thailand. Nothing was too much to ask, Dave would always go the extra mile to make sure you felt welcome and at home at Harmony Beach. (marcus and anna)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marcusanna
Reviewed 28 May 2010

It seems you have no idea what you are getting into when you head down for Harmony as you wind your way in on a small trail through the trees but once you step into the resort, you will understand that it was definitely worth the walk. The fact that its falling apart at the seams does seem to keep it all together. Perfect beaches, great bungalows with huge comfortable beds, and flower roofs that make looking at the place a picture perfect view all for about 15 dollars a night. The hamburgers are not certainly not the best but all the rest of the food on the menu is good. Dave, the proprietor, makes the place wonderful. You will truly not understand how much a good guide like Dave can improve your stay until you spend one night at Harmony. A guide book can tell you about the island, Dave shows you the way to live the island.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2010

I came across Harmony on TA. After reading the many gushing reviews of the place i decided to head down there on arrival at KP. All my expectations were blown out of the water by this gaff. This is without doubt the most incredible place i stayed in whilst in Thailand (stayed in many other great places in Ko Phangan, Ko Tao, Ko Lanta, Ko Phi Phi).

There isn’t really much more I can add to the many other reviews found on this site. It's got everything. The stunning location, the friendly and super attentive staff, the perfect service, the ultra delicious food & drink - all top class, and remember this is a budget resort!!!

Ok, so some might grumble that the rooms could do with a little touch up here and there but for me that’s what gave the place its very unique charm. This is true shabby-chic at its best. In addition to this Harmony has an incredible energy about it. No doubt the great reception/chill out/dining area, the dogs (oh i how i miss these guys) and the fellow travelers staying at this resort help create this atmosphere but its something that goes beyond words.

From the moment i arrived, Dave (the manager) immediately made me feel very welcome. Dave is the perfect person to be running Harmony - chilled out, friendly and genuine. Also what this guy doesn’t know about travel in and around Thailand isn’t worth knowing. So if you want advice or recommendations for further travels in Thailand, Dave is spot on.

I stayed here for 5 days at the beginning of my trip and in truth didn’t want to leave but wanted to explore other islands. Luckily my stay in Thailand was extended for two weeks due to volcanic ash cloud chaos so i returned here for a further 5 days at the end of my trip and i'm so glad i did. It was the perfect way to end my holiday.

Dave - thank you so much for everything and i really hope that the resort lives on for many moons...see you at Xmas!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2010

We were only planning to visit Ko Phangan for a few days but stayed for a week because we found the Harmony Beach Resort! It gave us a real chance to recharge our batteries and we were extremely well looked-after by Dave, Chai and the rest of the staff. We particularly loved the 40-minute walk to Hat Rin along stunning beach after stunning beach. Kayaks are free, there's free wireless, great food for excellent value and lots of good advice - such as who to hire a 4X4 from!

My partner's birthday was during our stay, and the staff not only helped me hide a cake for him, but also found me candles to put on it! Lovely people and an absolutely unbeatable location, with clean, picturesque huts right on the beach.

Possibly the best place we've stayed!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Booked initially for a couple of nights but stayed for many more and would happily return. I satyed in room 9, I think. a beautiful colonial style large wooden floored, large windowed - with balcony and fantastic view - clean, peaceful room. Harmony really is the right name. The food was absolutely fantastic - the best I tasted on the island. The service was absolutely 1st class, nothing was too much to ask. As a solo traveller I really appreciated the discerning/convivial nature of Dave the owner, a real people person!. His sole aim was to make sure that all his guests were genuinely getting the most from their time on the island. It was a case of 'please make yourself at home'. This is a real, people resort. I would recommend to families, couples or singles. Sorry to be so gushing but I could not fault it. Mike

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Harmony Beach Resort is the best holiday destination around for people who want to relax in beautiful surroundings with like minded people.

My friends and I organised to stay at Harmony on a blind tip-off so were thrilled to walk into the ocean viewed reception area at sunset. Everything about harmony suited us down to the ground, the location (far enough away from seedy Haad Rin) the attentive staff, the clean rooms,the private beach, the wonderfull food, the sunsets. I could go on and on but the thing that I was most impressed with is the fact that the the place seems to attract cool, social, laidback people (with the exception of the previous reviewer who should possibly have spent more time enjoying being in Thailand rather than taking photos of toilets and bins).

We were meant to stay for a week but after going diving at Koh Tao we decided to go straight back to Harmony for another week because we'd found our little piece of paradise and couldnt wait to get back.

Thanks Dave! best holiday ever, see you guys at xmas!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends