“Different Class”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Harmony Beach Resort
Ranked #60 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Bakau, Gambia
“Different Class”
Reviewed 4 February 2011

This place is amazing. Such a relaxed environment really does so much to improve the holiday. The beach is only 10 minutes away from the Full Moon party, which is incredible. The best thing about this place? the Pork Chops. They are a different class.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Stayed here for 2 weeks, struggled to not stay 2 more! Run by great people, excellent rooms, lovely local food and amazing views. What more can you ask for.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Magog, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I stayed at Harmony Beach for 5 days and was sorry to leave. I had one of the huts on the beach and it was perfect. My only complaint was as a few others have said, the huts are duplexes, the walls are very thin, and my neighbours not very considerate of this. Fortunately this was only for 2 nights of my stay.
The bar/restaurant area is a really great place to hang out, great food, great atmoshpere Dave and Kwan make you feel welcome and are always willing to provide advice, arrange trips or call a taxi.
I highly recommend a leisurely walk to Had Rin along the beach, really nice!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Harmony beach truly earns it's name. This is the place to choose if you would like some quality time with your family. Wake up in the morning and have a great breakfast at the restaurant, take a small walk to neighboring beaches or rent a jeep or bikes and travel the small island. Have lunch (the food is really delicious so plan to be back for meals...), have a nap, swim out to the float, kayak a bit, read a book on the hammock with a view to your almost private beach, hang out in the big space near the restaurant, hear some music or watch DVDs and have a good nights sleep. This is s unique spot. When you enter it you can leave the world outside and just relax. But most importantly - the staff is just the best ever. And it really isn't correct to say staff, because Dave and Qwan treat you as new friend from the moment they meet you. I don't know how they do this, it is a genuine interest in people and the willingness to help you out in whatever you need. We traveled 50 days in Thailand, we did not meet hospitality like this. The Beach is lovely, the food is delicious, the seclusion is a nice change, but at the end it is Dave and Qwan that make this place what it is: One of a kind.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed 18 September 2010

We visited Harmony for the first time on the strength of the TA reviews back in November 2009, and were not disappointed. While the facilities are quite basic for the price (there's a lot of competition these days!) the sense of community is quite special and makes for a very enjoyable stay. Second time round, we discovered the wifi was not so great in the closest aircon bungalow to reception (as we had hoped) - Room No 6 gets the best reception in-room if you are keen on aircon for the warmer parts of the day/night. We are staying a full week this time and if we get the chance we would stay again. Yes there's some rough edges and lets face it they really could do with getting some new pillows in the restaurant and it would be nice if the pool were functional, but it's pretty gorgeous, even in low season.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We stayed about six nights, enjoyed the stay.
Room was clean,
A/c was good,
Staff were great,
Walls did let through a lot of noise through which was fine, apart from one night when the girl next door come back late and cried very loudly and talked about her feelings all night with her friend... Some people just can't handle a night out huh...
The highlight is the food/ lounge area, food was as good as anything we ate in Thailand.
Highly recommended

• Stayed July 2010
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I came to Harmony Beach Resort late March this year to spend a few weeks away from everything...however I ended up staying for three months which enabled me to blend business with pleasure. This would not be possible without the genuine dedication that the staff show to the Resort and its clients. From my experience this included: preparing delicious meals, mixing great drinks and helping out with every need that I had during my stay including fixing my laptop. Harmony was a true home away from home over my stay there. Dave, Kwan, Chai and all the staff and many friendly creatures that make-up the resort understand if you made it to Harmony regardless of the lenght or purpose of your stay you deserve and will be treated like a friend and this I found to be the my most enduring memory of my stay there. Serendipity carried me there and I'm passing what I found to you dear traveller. :D

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business