“Sunrise”

Sunrise Resort
Ranked #45 of 89 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
“Sunrise”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

If booked prior on Expedia a lot cheaper than just paying when you arrive. Best location in ko phangan. Very close to everything. Rooms where good, tv air con and nice and clean. The restaurant on the beach attached to hotel run by sane people wasn't great. Nice pool and staff where friendly enough. Would def recommend it

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diarmuid M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here last week for the Full Moon Party. Clearly is you are in Koh Phangan for the party and don't want to sleep this is a great location. Right on the beach adjacent to the party. Beyond that there will not be any more positive things said in this review. After a long journey i showed up at the hotel and the front desk agent thought it was funny to tell me they are oversold and they didn't have a room for me. I love a good joke and don't it normally but after the trip i had an the stay i had it wasn't funny. I got to my room finally and it was not really habitable. There were a ton of bugs and spiders webs equipped with spiders in all corners of the room. The towels were dirty and moldy and so was the room. The balcony door would not fully clothes so the air conditioning was pretty much useless. When i returned to the front desk to ask if there was another room that was habitable they two people playing games on their phones behind the front desk didn't even remove their eyes from their cell phones and chuckled as if i were crazy.

I am pretty sure i don't need to write much more as i don't think anyone would want to stay there after this first paragraph. I still remember the angry look i got from the entire housekeeping staff when i simply tried to get a new towel let alone my room cleaned

if you are a college student and need a nasty closet to leave your stuff near the party stay here, if not dont!

Room Tip: at another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My Boyfriend and I stayed here during the July Full moon.
The location of the hotel for those wanting to enjoy the full moon is great although you may want to pack a pair of eye plugs for when you do want to sleep.
I have to say that one incident did overshadow my impression. All my valuables were put into the room safe and sadly when I checked out and was on my way to Koh Samui I realised I had left my iPhone in the safe.
I emailed the hotel and tried looking everywhere for a phone number so I could call them but failed miserably. The phone number on their website isn't legitimate and goes straight to answer phone. Due to this, I decided to catch a ferry back from Koh Samui to Koh Phagnan so that I could go back to the hotel and hopefully get my mobile back.
They were very shocked to see me when I returned. They mentioned receiving my email about my phone but said having checked the safe they found nothing. However, they hadn't replied to my email so if I hadn't gone back to see them I would still be waiting for a response.
I know very well that my mobile was in the safe as I never took it out. The staff were very unhelpful and rude and quite obviously the housekeeping staff were not as honest about finding my phone.

Room Tip: As far away from the beach as possible due to music
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Ok, so the location, cleanliness etc are generally good but I've had to downgrade the lot because I've never come across such bad staff.
I've done a fair bit of travelling but never come across such a rude and ignorant set of people. They'd never crack a smile or say hello and if you asked them anything it always seemed a massive incovinence to even gather their attention, let alone fixing you're problem.

All of this I could deal with until we went to check out; as we handed over our keys they claimed to have already given us our (excessive 1000tb (£20)) key deposit back. As they hadn't we obviously questioned this, and as they continued to insist they had given it us back we eventually got very frustrated, and as soon as things got heated roughly around eight members of staff appeared and basically attacked us. We were pushed and punches were thrown. On our way out one of the girls picked up a heater type thing and threw it at my girlfriend which resulted in her looking like she had a golf ball on her forehead.

It's a massive shame because it really ruined our haad rin and full moon party experience.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Jonnehmarshall
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We didn't end up staying here as we walked in off the street I booked to get a price. Reviews online where ok but when we got there staff where rude we then were taken to a room out of the resort across the road and up two flights of stairs to a dingy little room with views of power lines. We left, much nice places around and at the same prices! Don't even bother!

• Stayed July 2014
Bugibba, Malta
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the first hotel we checked into when arriving at Haad Rin. We only intended to stay for a couple of nights but ended up being there for a week because we liked it so much. Accommodation is basic but clean. The aircon works well and can be set to as low as 16C. Beds were rather hard. The sound proofing was very good though, we heard no noise from neighbouring rooms and only dull sound from the music at the pool bar or beach. Wifi was a good signal and for free. We had no problem with staff stealing from us and they were quite friendly, apart from at check out when they tried to charge an additional water which we did not have. But it was quickly resolved without trouble. This resort has one of the best pools we have encountered so far in our Thailand travels. It's fairly large and deep (2.40m deepest I think) which is a nice change from the usual 1.40m pools where you're barely covered in water standing up. The deepest end had a sort of bench where you can sit and the barman at the pool bar makes amazing fruit shakes (great coconut shake) and very strong cocktails (too strong for me!) which you can enjoy directly in the pool!! Pool is open 10am to 8pm. Sunrise resort also has a restaurant near the street (didn't use it) and a pretty beach bar (cocktails good, food so so). Overall, we loved our stay here. It was great value for money and we will definitely stay again if we're back in Haad Rin.

Room Tip: Upstairs to get a better view. The further away from the beach the quieter. Superior rooms looked ra...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie L
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Checked in to a miserable young girl receptionist. Made a note on a pad of how much cash I had left. Put it in my driving license wallet in the safe and went for a walk. Returned two hours later and half of it was missing. Brought the local police round but obviously couldn't prove anything so checked out immediately. STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL. Stay at the Bayshore instead just one minutes walk away and also on the beach. A little more expensive but definitely worth the extra for the cleanliness, friendliness, professionalism and piece of mind.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo