“Don't visit this resort...!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Green Papaya Resort

Green Papaya Resort
Ranked #28 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
“Don't visit this resort...!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012

We planed to stay at this resort for 1 week.
After one night we understand that the hotel and his management have only one thing that important - money !!!

The rooms was like jungle (a lot of animals and mosquitos)...

Finally we find great resort 100m next door, and after 3 days, that was disaster, we had a relief....

Butom line,
We don't recommended (it's understatement).

Enjoy your vacation,

Jo & Roth.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank Shayke103

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

beautiful setting right next to the beach set in beautiful green surroundings with tropical flowers growing everywhere, the bungalows are in immaculate condition and all have lovely wide balcony with most facing out towards the sea. Only stayed here for 2 nights, but would definatly re-visit again, the staff were very friendly and approachable and would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

We got here at night, after receiving a very friendly welcome, we discovered our tastefully decorated bungalow and already I said to my husband ' can we stay here all year?', and next morning, when I opened the curtains, I repeatly said 'wow' about 20 times!!! The bungalow was situated a few meters from the beach so we had an amazing view on the on the sea on one side, and the the jungle covers the hills on the other side!! Picture perfect.

Then we had a tasty breakfast in the restaurant which is beautifully designed like a boat with the view of the elegant and impressive swimming pool as well as the sea!! What a way to start the day!
The staff is readily available, very helpful and very kind. They wanto to genuinely help you and make you feel comfortable.
We snorkeled right on the beach and saw some nice fish, the water is beautiful with different shades of blue..just like you see in postcards. The beach is situated in a bay so the water is peaceful; it's nice and safe for children.
The bungalow was very comfortable, quality beds, a beautiful bathroom with a shower installed half outside (but of course it's closed and private). I love the architecture of the bungalows, inside and outside. In the bathroom, part of the wall is covered with stones and the other parts made up of wood. It's very warm, exotic yet elegant!
The garden is very well maintained with spectacular tropical trees. You hear the frogs after the rain and the crickets during the day.
I booked one and half hour massage which was one of the best ones I've ever had in Thailand, the woman was very professionnal; all of my travel tension just quickly vanished.
We walked the entire beach and I made the comment to my husband how this hotel was the most beautifully designed one along this beach! And indeed, this is one of the most beautiful hotels I've stayed in even though I've travelled to 18 différent countries.
I want to go back tomorrow...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Vince777
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

I will have to start by saying that the service was excellent and the manager spoke excellent English and understood our needs. The beach is gorgeous and the pool exceptional. The only complain I had was that the first day we did find chairs by the beach. However, we sat by the pool and the view was just as great.
I will defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank maryposa03
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

I can wholeheartedly recommend this beautiful resort :)!! I stayed for 8 nights with 5 friends to celebrate my birthday. It had exactly the right mix of relaxed ambience and gorgeous surrounds plus proximity to action should u wish to seek out a party, market, festival or satisfy the retail therapy itch... Massages and poolside snoozing by day, candle lit beach walks, jawdropping sunsets and delicious food & drinks by nite make Green Papaya an excellent place to stay :) thanks to everyone at GP for making our stay so magical and relaxed!

• Stayed September 2012
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at the most expensive sea view room. The one near the beach, and even though the room was nice and decorated, there ware full of mosquitos e v e r y w e r e!!!!
We tried everything, anti mosquito lotions, repellent incence, killing them, but it was a lost war. You can not enjoy your room shering it with handreds of mosquitos!!!! We had a hard night, left after only 2 nights there...

• Stayed September 2012
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

The Green Papaya Resort is a little paradise for relaxing and to calm down - I stayed there with my friend after a long trip travelling around the world. We spent 1 week there, the best hotel we had so far. The rooms are very comfortable, the pool absolutely gorgeous, the staff friendly. We loved it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends