“Super Relaxing”

Salad Hut Bungalows
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I am at this moment, writing my review on my beautiful verandah, I have bungalow 10, and it's perfect!
I have the best views, and so many places to relax.
The restaurant serves delicious, well priced food. I have tried other places to eat , but Salad Hut is my favourite.
I am traveling solo, and have been welcomed by my fellow guests and staff alike.
The gardens are lush and give cooling shade, the sea breezes are gentle.
I would love to come here again, it is perfect for me.
Well done Salad Hut!

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are good, there are only 12, but of course I love mine best !
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 May 2013

The Salad Hut is an amazing laid back place in a nice and quiet spot of Koh Phagnan. The bungalows are very decent (although missing some space to put your suitcases) and the veranda offers multiple relaxation modes (hammock, bed or chairs). The hotel is small (about 12 bungalows) and cosy and all but two beach front bungalows are grouped around the pool facing the bay.

The hotel is very child friendly and half of the guests staying there were families with kids, which made the stay more pleasant for our daughter who could play with all the other kids.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Didn't stay here -- a little out of my price range, but I did eat here and it was outstanding. I had the Laab Kai: ground chicken, red onions and herbs in a spicy dressing. This was one of the very best versions of this dish I've ever had. The chicken was perfectly cooked and the dressing was very spicy -- as it should be -- but not outrageously so. Best meal I had on Koh Phangan.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Gorgeous bungalows. Loved hanging in the hammock. Originally we booked a fan room to save money but showed up to find there were no bug nets or screens on the windows... so we would've been baking in there all night very uncomfortably. Fortunately we had the sense to upgrade at that point--there was actually an A/C unit inside our room already, but if you book a fan only room they remove the remote. The pool was great. There's a lot of families here so it wasn't very romantic at the pool or dining area but that didn't bother us. The breakfast was included and it was the best breakfast I ate while traveling all throughout Asia. They included coffee (with refills) and a smoothie with the a la carte item of your choice. The fruit and yogurt muesli was so filling I couldn't finish. The meals were expensive but comparable to the rest of the places on the island. There was a shuttle to the full moon party but it was way more expensive than the hotel a few doors down. Helpful staff also... my boyfriend stepped on a sea urchin on the beach and they had a stocked first aid kit and offered lots of support.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah_Lynn_22
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This hotel was fantastic. Small, attentive service, great food, lovely rooms, gorgeous pool, fabulous location on the beach. Could not have asked for any more.
The staff here were great with our children and will definitely return

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Aedrian
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Firstly, the good. This little resort is so beautiful! The rooms are clean and spacious and the views of the beach from my hammock were amazing. Beds are comfortable and A.C worked well. The food was lovely and very reasonably priced. The swimming pool was nice and overlooked one of the nicest beaches in Koh Phangnan. I recommend taking a longboat to Bottle beach for lunch and swim. We travelled as a group of 3 friends for 4 nights and even despite the things I write in the below paragraph, I would still love to go back there again one day in the future.

We started out on a bad note with the lady manager as we had missed our ferry and therefore hotel pick up from pier, thru no fault of our own. We had to get a ferry to Haad Rin and then missed our complimentary pick up from Tongsala pier. I apologised when we did arrive under our own steam about 20 mins later in a taxi. It was obvious by the manageress' attitude and no welcome, that she was cross with us and she made us feel very uncomfortable. 10 minutes after arriving in our rooms, my friend leaned on the hand basin whilst picking a towel up and the whole ceramic basin crashed to the floor cutting her toe badly. Water and blood was all over the floor so they were moved to another room and given some bandages. After this, not one person asked over the next 3 days inquired about my friends injuries, even though they knew each day that she was having to see the local nurse to have the wound redressed, and all could see the massive black and blue bruising on legs. When we checked out and noticed that we had been charged 15 baht for a small bucket of ice, we asked the manager if she had considered the cost of all the nurses treatments that we had paid and the fact that not once had she had asked if my friend was ok. Her reply was only to ask how my friend had pulled the basin from the wall in the first place??? As if a 50 year old woman would do this on purpose!?

All the other staff were wonderful. We aren't the type of people that complain unnecessarily as you can see by my other reviews. If it wasn't for the Manageress' attitude, I would have gladly given Salad Hut a rating of 5.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JessGirls
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Wow. This is paradise. The beach is beautiful. However, we arrived the day after full moon, so it was filthy and I was afraid that we made a mistake, but the following morning everything was clean and back to normal. The huts are very basic, but that is all you need. Great hammocks on every balcony. I am still sad that we didn't buy one to take home - they are for sale at their shop.
Pool is small but nice, but the best part is the restaurant - we usually like to try out a few in the area, but this one was SOOOO great that we had all 12 meals there. TV has some kids channels which was great, and the entire family had a wonderful time. I am looking forward to going back again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family