“Average ”

Phangan Great Bay Resort
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Out of the way. Found four cockroaches in the bathroom with a fifth climbing up the shower drain. Cheap accommodation so was ok for price. Very basic, nothing besides beds, tiny tele, and clothes rack. Good wifi, great relaxed social environment. Free transfer to and from ferry

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Phangan Great Bay, and it wasn't bad! The room was spacious and comfortable, although we had troubles with the fridge not working. My only problem, (which was the same issue as the last visit) is the roaches, we only had one this time, but they definitely need to put a mosquito net over the bathroom windows to stop bugs getting in! The pool area was clean and nice, and the beach was lovely. The food is good, and reasonable (our group rated the toasties!) and the transfers to the big events were faultless! I'd definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank eagle1992
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with a group of 8 friends. We stayed in groups of four in garden bungalows, which were standard but pretty clean. (We did speak to someone who stayed in another room who had bed bugs, which were reported and the situation was resolved by staff) The wifi was good in the communal areas, however did not really work in the rooms. The main positives about staying here, was the location, the pool, the large choice on the menu and the sociable atmosphere. We went to both the jungle party and the full moon and It was ideal to be outside of Hadrin and just travel in when necessary. The hotel arranged travel to both events. Also the pool was clean and refreshing after being on the beach with a hangover! The food was good and the people that stayed there all wanted to have a good time, which made for such a fun atmosphere. We would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

7 of us stayed here. It was clean and comfortable and we got a good sleep Any time of day or night which was perfect for us between the various parties we went to. Staff we nice enough, food was good but maybe a little over priced but pool was clean and it's right on the beach. Taxis are easy to get from here to Any party. It was perfect for what we wanted

Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you stay in a place where they have Bed Bugs in the mattress, unfriendly staff, expensive for what you receive and dirty rooms, for sure wont reccomend. Imagine if THE OWNER of the place or the "boss" treats you like a bag of rubbish how the rest of the staff will treat you.
In this place they should learn about customer service, hygiene and care of the clients.
At least we got a full refund.

Dont stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolas A
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The day we arrived to the great bay resort, we asked for a room and it's price. The service for that simple question was poor, they yelled and screamed between staff no wonder what... I don't know what was the big fuzz of my question. Finally, "the boss" (and I think is the owner) pointed me the room rudely that it was checking out so I could "see" them. Definitely very bad service.
Finally, we stayed and the light went off Xd

When bed time arrived, I was working on my computer when suddenly an ugly black fat bug was crawling beside me through the sheets. I thought it was a fly, so I pressed my finger on top of it when suddenly a burst of bold stained the sheets after I did this. The only thing that came to my mind was: bed bugs.

I have Never seen them before, but I've heard about them and googled them as well just in case.
I re checked on
Google and then took off all the sheets when I found 7 more of them in the mattress.
Absolutely disgusting!!!

It was late night so the reception was closed. We couldn't change beds or rooms... So we slept 2 in one single bed and we the thought of bed bugs sucking my legs.... Imagine.

The next morning, I told kindly what happened to one of the members of the staff and he apologised politely and was very helpful. He said we had to wait for the "owner" to come. When she did, we showed her the bed bugs (because we
Killed them and kept them for evidence) and she was very rude saying that we brought then to the hotel. Not an apology at all.
I got a full refund because I asked for it. But the lady owner is very rude and bad mannered with customers.

Don't stay here, its dirty and the service is bad.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Berni D
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I've never been treated with so much disrespect. Very unfriendly and unhelpful. We brought our scooter back a couple of hours to late because she had told us that we would have to pay when we brought it back and she charged one full day extra. Besides that we found 4 cockroaches in our room and one big spider.. It's on the beach but in the water you can't swim. Would not recommend this place

Stayed: July 2014