“Another brilliant holiday in paradise!”

Phangan Rainbow Bungalows
Andalucia, Spain
“Another brilliant holiday in paradise!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed in many places in Thailand but I always end up going back to Rainbow Bungalows. It is definitely the best value place to stay with the most interesting visitors. I recommend the food, the cabins, the atmosphere and the beach! Love it all!

Room Tip: If you want value get a room back from the beach with a fan, but if you want aircon and luxury choos...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for two week's. This place is paradise.The family who owns Phangan Rainbow are so hospitable. They keep this place looking beautiful and clean. The beach is amazing. The landscaping is outstanding. I'm going to miss my mornings laying on the beach with no one in site. We're definitely going to come back here in the future. The bungalows are clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff are honest. I changed bungalows to a shaded area. After the cleaning lady was done cleaning the bungalow she came over and returned 20bot I had left .

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have traveled throughout Thailand and Rainbow Bungalows is a place that I come back to and suggest to people I know when they are planning a visit to Thailand.

Rainbow Bungalows is a family run business in a professional yet laid back and friendly manner. Martin and Noy are so welcoming and the bungalows are absolutely fantastic.

Thong Sala is close by with lots of shopping and fantastic restaurants in walking distance however I must admit that most nights my partner and I stayed in because Noy is a fantastic cook! If you ask, she is even willing to share her cooking secrets with you in the kitchen.

My partner and I had to leave at short notice and Martin arranged travel for us to the door of Koh Samui airport.

Martin and Noy will also provide you with ideas for activities on the island from sightseeing to diy activities to tours with Papa himself! No need to leave as there are many activities on site ranging from kayaking to board games in the restaurant.

I cannot say enough great things about the place and hope to be back soon. Thanks Martin, Noy and the Rainbow Bungalow Family for your hospitality!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jade_A_V
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is the second time i have stayed at Rainbow Bungalows and I will keep coming back. The owners and staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. The food is excellent. The location is amazing. I couldn't ask for anything more in an extremely affordable holiday location.
The bungalows are awesome and it is a very safe environment.
I would absolutely recommend Rainbow Bungalows to anyone that comes to Koh Phangan. It is by far the best out of all the places i have stayed.

Room Tip: The bungalows at the back are very cheap if you are on your own or in a couple and have a big fan to...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dale C
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My friend and I stayed at Rainbow Bungalows due to the comments and rankings here. Unfortunately, our experience was a very different one. The location itself is nice and the food is good. However, the service was a disaster! The bungalow was never cleaned, towels not replaced, nothing! On day 4 we had to insist that someone comes to at least get rid of the sand. The owner was super unfriendly. His wife was very nice though. The bungalow was nice, but a mosquito trap. It has a window that cannot be closed, so mosquitos come inside. As the beds don't have mosquito nets we were just eaten by mosquitos (despite repellant). On top the kitchen is closed between 2pm and 6pm. We cannot recommend to stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Phangan_Rainbow, Owner at Phangan Rainbow Bungalows, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Please note, for a $10 a night room you do not really have the privilege "to insist". All rooms have brooms, and we fully expect our guests to sweep the sand out all by themselves. If you believe that you warrant a higher level of service, you probably need to spend more than $10 a night. We do our best, and our rooms and general living environment, from the beach, to the public toilets, are infinitely better than our competitors, in fact they are "excellent" as over 150 other reviewers will attest to. We do our best in the housekeeping area, but occasionally, the workload becomes too great for our small staff (2) especially in the peak of the high season, and we have to prioritize. Sorry.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Rainbow Bungalows has it all: quiet, peaceful little beach (which you won`t find often on Ko Phangan, party central), clean bungalows directly on the beach (good mattresses&shower) plus a wonderful restaurant with very reasonable pricing with direct view of the ocean. Martin and Noi are great hosts and have made my stay very comfortable and memorable. I highly recommend staying with them!

Room Tip: I had a bungalow directly on the beach and fell asleep to the sound of waves..
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We spent three weeks at the Rainbow, and loved every minute of it. For people like us who don't like to party every night, the location is perfect, quietly tucked away between Thong Sala and Haad Rin. The bungalow we stayed in was great value for money, clean, and had a comfortable bed and a lovely view of the beach and ocean. The gardens and grounds were beautiful, much nicer than any we saw on the island. And the food was divine - everything we tried on the menu was delicious, and the prices were extremely reasonable. Finally, we loved the people there. In particular we'd like to mention Noy, who is lovely hostess and a wonderful cook, Mama and Papa of course, Jack and his impish grin, the two girls helping out in the back, Bong and her family, and the dogs Max, Wally, and Angie.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple