“back after three years”
Review of Tommy Resort

Tommy Resort
Ranked #29 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Together with my wife I stayed three years in Tommy Resort in Koh Pgagnan because it was great that period I booked again. Unfortunately I could only book 5 nights because of Full Moon party so I did while I only wanted to stay four nights. When I came into the room the walls had mosture on the walls and the closets where at his end live time. Also the badroom didn't look clean. There was paid internet (not expensive) but it didn't work and after making notice of it they didn't compensate me. With full moon I read that there would be noise but I didn't expected that they would about 20 speakers of the size 2mx1mx1m 30 meters from my room. So till 8 AM i really couldn't sleep so after a few hours trying I went out again. On the other hand the staff was really friendly and did his best to give a good service and still the location is great. Also their swimming pool and restaurant with view over the sea is unique for that part of Ko Pgahnan. PS I had cheapest rooms so maybe bungeloo's are better.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 November 2010

We were staying at Tommy Resort during the Fullmoon Party so we had to stay 5 nights and paid quite a high price. Since the hotel offers a free pick up from the peer we e-mailed in advance about the time we arrived. They told us to call them when we were on the boat, which we did. Apparently there are several peers and so they needed to know on which boat we were. We said the small boat called Ring Run or something. When we arrived, we searched for a someone from Tommy Resort but we could not find them. Eventually we took a taxi. When we arrived the reception worker said that they were waiting for us at the peer and that someone was actually still there. So we missed them. When we arrived in the room we were disappointed again. All tables were filthy, the sink was full of sand, the toilet kept on flushing and the closet could not open. Luckily the manager came to fix it straight away. He told us that it was due to the storm and he apologized and admitted that they forgot to check the room before check-in.
Eventually we had a good stay here but we just expected a little more for the money. The bathroom is a big disappointment. The shower works on air-conditioning power or something but we only had hot water occasionally. No shower curtain or whatever so the whole room was wet after taking a shower. We could not hang our towel anywhere. It was not really nice to sleep under two sheets wrapped around a woolen blanket. We never really used the breakfast, since we were partying every night. Would be a plus if they would have some understanding that party people which is probably their main target market, are waking up late. Anyway despite that all the room was ok, the swimming pool nice and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Loved our stay here. We had planned to stay next door at the Bayshore but found a building site there so stayed here instead. So glad as I loved the cute bungalow only 3 back from the beach and I loved the restaurant area right overlooking the whole of Hat rin beach. The room was spacious but basic. The bathrooms could do with an overhaul and the mattress definately had seen better days but as I spend most my time outdoors this didnt bother me too much. The tv wasnt fab either. Really what you pay for here is the location more than anything. We were here outside of full moon time. You can still here lots of partying down the beach into the night so dont stay here if you're not keen to get involved. All in all - loved it! Just what I was looking for.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

We stayed in the pool villa. It was very clean and had 2 very efficient airconditioners. The staff are very helpful and even delivered a free birthday cocktail to our room. The pool was always clean. The restaurant was reasonable, but there are many restaurants within walking distance. If you stay during full moon party season be prepared for noise and constant partying. I'd definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank auntyez
Reviewed 4 August 2010

really nice pool and restaurant is ok. very good location and quiet at night but near to main bars. relatively clean. main draw is the pool.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Great staff, very helpful and cooperative. We stayed in one of the Triple bungalows and it was lovely, good size and large bathroom. Only problem with our room was the lack of plug sockets. The pool is great, restaurant is adequate but there are nicer places to eat in ko phangan. On the night of the full moon there was a great atmosphere with a fire wall and party outside, though not suitable for those who want to sleep as the music is VERY loud. Request the boat room!

1  Thank olclaire
Reviewed 13 January 2010

My fiends and I had been backing packing in the north of Thailand before coming down to the islands, but got water poisoning for the 2 day trip from north to south so by the time arrived we were desperate for a clean bathroom and air con. We arrived the week of Christmas where they had a full moon party and a second one for Christmas so it was packed ! We walked around for a bit with no luck and then found Tommy's which had 1 room available, even though it was way more then we had budgeted for we just accepted and stayed 5 nights. It was well worth it for the comfort of air con (a necessity when recovering from the night before's buckets), a great bathroom, great security and the use of a clean pool. The location is ideal as you are 300m (i think) along the beach from the heart of the partys so the noise isn't bad but your also right there. We looked around at the places around Tommy's but we thought we definitely had the best place, but you do pay for it. The breakfast was also good in comparison to what we were used to and there is "western" food available which was a nice option for a change, the dinning veranda is on the beach which is lovely for breakfast or sun downers. We had such a great time on this island largely because of the accommodation, and would only stay here if we went back.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends