“Relaxing and friendly”
Review of Tommy Resort

Tommy Resort
Ranked #33 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My sister and I stayed at Tommy Resort on a recommendation from a friend who had stayed there only the week before. We found it very relaxing. We stayed in a beachfront bungalow, which was very basic but very tired. The bathroom needs some love and care. Besides the bathroom the bungalow is what we expected.
The staff at the resort are amazing. Starting with Suthee who works on the reception desk, he was amazing. He spoke fluent English which made our stay more comfortable. All the guys who worked in the restaurant were great. Very quick to serve us any time of the day or evening.
The only things I didn't like about my stay at Haad Rin was #1 the music playing literally all night. We don't know where it was coming from but the base of the music kept me awake all night and it wasn't a 'Full Moon Party'. #2 The amount of dogs.
But Tommy Resort as a place to stay was an awesome experience. Destination was beautiful and the staff were great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Suthee H, Manager at Tommy Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear KT,
I would like to express my personal thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with our hotel and for writing such a thorough and detailed response.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team were able to make you feel comfortable and looked after. I will be sure to share your feedback with our respective team as there is no better motivator than the kind, positive gratitude of a satisfied guest.
For your review about the bathroom, we are now just renew it as a new bathroom.

I hope to be able to welcome you back soon at Tommy Resort again.

Warmest regards,

Suthee Hongvira
Executive Assistant Manager
info@tommyresort.com

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Something is terribly wrong with the rooms here. They have a musty, rotten smell and they try and cover it up with air freshener. When I asked about the smell, the lady at the front was very rude and unaccomodating. For the price, this isn't worth it. The only thing is it is perfect for the full moon party location wise.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Eileen D
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights leading up to the full moon party. The service at the hotel was amazing, the guy who runs it came and picked us up from a sketchy situation over at drop in. The rooms were clean and the location was great. Its right on Sunrise beach in Haad Rin so if you are staying here the night of the full moon party, dont expect to get any sleep. The breakfast buffet in the morning is really good and I would suggest this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for about a week leading up to the full moon party.
Location is ideal, right on the beach where the party is and very close to all the shops and restaurants.
The hotel staff were very friendly and spoke good English, which is relatively rare to find in Thailand.
Although the hotel may be a bit more expensive than others nearby it is definitely worth it!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My friends and I stayed 2 nights in the beachfront villa #301. Everything was perfect, beautiful sea, the beach was just one step upfront. Unreasonably high prices in the restaurant. Wish I come again!!!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2013

What a wonderful hotel! It was paradise being there. The hotel has a huge pool and on the beach - what more could one ask for?!

The staff at the hotel/restaurant were always on hand and ready to help.

The next time I visit Ko Phangan, Im staying the the Tommy resort!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I can't really say anything good about this resort. I don't know if my friends have already spoken their mind, but here's mine.

We'll we should've known not to get bungalows from the beachside of the beach where full moon party is held. Every [--] night the bass from the nearby clubs pound the walls so I couldn't really sleep (didn't sleep on the previous week elsewhere either). Don't get me wrong I do like electronic dance music especially Psytrance, but for hecks sake there were nights when nobody was even on the beach and they still had to pound it loud. On the fullmoon party night the psytrance-stage was just 3-4 meters away from our bungalow balcony so the music was pretty loud inside bungalow as well. Luckily at some point I had had one bucket too many and passed out.

One night there was a thunder storm, we had our doors locked, but somehow after huge thunder strike our door opened and a hell hound (dog) jumped in the room. It was a bit angry, scared and wet, but we managed to get it out. Next day we had rat visitor, which came from a hole behind the fridge. Resort crew already had tools for cathing rats, so I think this wasn't anything new to them. They attached a small piece of plywood to cover the hole. Day after the full moon party also some stoner tried to get into our room explaining he had lost his black bike. Later that day he came to our door again. This time he was looking for black bag. Next time it was black backpack. Didn't tell him, but he had one black backpack on his shoulders. After that he just watched sea for maybe 4 hours. I think them shrooms were pretty awesome.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends