“Great location - poor customer service”
Review of Tommy Resort

Tommy Resort
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Stockholm
“Great location - poor customer service”
Reviewed 21 April 2009

The haad rin beach is absolutely great for swiming. Regarding the Tommy beach-bungalow I must say following: the bathroom/toilet was very dirty and the air-condition did not work all the time. The staff of Tommy's Resort is very unfriendly and not helpful at all. All they want is your money and they do not care if you like it or not. This poor attitude from the staff takes away some of the fun of staying at Tommy's unfortunately. That is my opinion.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Gairloch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We came to Hadrin a few days before the full moon party and I'm so happy because it was so much fun. The location is perfect and the evenings in the beach before the party were great. the service is 100%, they were so helpful with everything from cloth we lost to travel and general info. We stayed at the rooms in the second Flore to save money and it was very good and clean room, just near the swimming pool (that was a very nice one) and I could see the beach from the balcony. The breakfast was average but the food in the restaurant was fine. I would defiantly come beck (next time with my kids..)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 23 January 2009

Just back from a month in Thailand and spent five days at Tommys Resort. We paid 350 euros for a 'superior' bungalow with TV and air con. I agree with the other reviewers on it being a great location for Full Moon and I also agree that the staff were really friendly however thats were it ends. The bungalow smelled musty. We had cockroaches and we also had a mouse. The pool looks lovely but after seeing a guy gather all his flem in his mouth and spit it in the pool I decided not to go in. TV didn't work for most of our stay and we ended up checking out a day early and moving on to Koh Tao. If you're 18 years old and don't mind the odd coackroach then this is the place for you but personally I thought it was a kip. This was my second time in Koh Phangan and if I ever go back I would definitely stay on the sunset side of Hadrin. Its only about a 10 minute walk away and is so much nicer.

• Liked — That we had a toilet for full moon party
  • Disliked — it was a kip
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shudson
St. Catharines
Reviewed 25 September 2008

This was my first time staying in Koh Phangan and I loved every minute of it.
A large group of us arrived to the resort the day after Full Moon party . The staff was very accomidating and helped in any way possible. They Arranged private tours and helped with bookings for snorking. I would recomend this resort for anyone headed to Had Rin.
Book with Tommy. You'll be happy you did.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — travel time..but it was worth it
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Glasgow
Reviewed 17 September 2008

Having both been to Ko Phangan before, my mate and I went back in August 2008. We hadn't booked anything before we arrived so, in the mid-day heat with heavy rucksacks on, we really couldn't be arsed wandering around aimlessly as one tends to do to find agreeable and cheap digs. Therefore, we headed straight to Tommys as we had both been there before on separate occasions and had nothing but good memories.

I was last there in March 2007 and stayed in one of the hotel-style rooms. They hadn't finished the pool at the time and the resort was still a bit of a building site. It was still pleasant nonetheless. The rooms are furnished well with various sleeping arrangements available - aircon, tv, balcony, minibar, etc. are all there.

This year we rented one of the bungalows. These aren't finished to the same standard as the hotel style rooms but that's because they're a good bit older. However, I prefer the bungalows as you have a little patio with a table and chairs to sit on. Depending on which bungalow you take, you'll either be overlooking the gardens with another bungalow opposite or overlooking the pool.. either is nice.

The resort itself is sociable, very lively around the full-moon party (although everywhere tends to be packed then). The food is great and, as I said before, the staff are really friendly. Somehow, on both visits to Tommy, I've ended up running late for the boat back to Ko Samui. On each occasions, the little guy who works there (I forget his name, he looks like he runs the place so we just called him Tommy) threw our bags in the jeep and drove us to the pier - top bloke!

All accommodation is kept clean and now the pool is finished, it looks amazing and has to be the best resort to stay on this particular beach. Great location on the beach (but far enough away from the soundsystems to turn in early if needed), good food, great atmosphere - lacks absolutely nothing.

All these plus points, however, make Tommy a bit more expensive than some of the other beachfront resorts. We paid about 2,000 Baht per night (roughly £30) between us. This obviously makes it a bit expensive for the backpacker on a budget. However, if you can afford it or if you're just on Sunrise for a couple of nights, head to Tommy.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price (but as they say, you get what you pay for)
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
toronto canada
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Stayed at Tommy for one week in July 08. The staff are very kind and accomodating. There was a complimentary omlet breakfast every morning and an endless supply of towels and bottled water to the room.

It is located right on the beach where the Full Moon party is. No worries though they have the whole beach cleaned within two days after the party.

The rooms were clean and comfortable with cool air conditioning and english tv channels. They also did laundry very cheap and had internet, travel agent, and spa on sight. The pool was huge and clean right on the beach and directly in front was vollyball nets and a beachfront retsaraunt.

We had a group of about 12 people. So the staff of the resort taxied us around on private tours. They took us to a mountain top restaraunt, snorkeling at KohMah, and to see elephants. They also helped to arrange us with a Trip to Koh Tao for more snorkeling.

The best part about the resort was they let us have a wedding there. They set up the ceremony on the beach, ordered the flowers, supplied audio equiptment and of course served the food. The have a hollowed out saleboat that has a mini nightclub inside of it with a huge bar and dancefloor on the top. This is where the wedding was held.

All in all this place made my vacation amazing and worry free. I'm dying to go back.

• Liked — It was on the beach and in the middle of the action
  • Disliked — we arrived the day of the full moon party and could not get a room until the next day. You had to arrive several days in advance to the party to obtain a room. It cleared out and our room was available right after though :D
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Wollongong
Reviewed 7 August 2008

Located right on the beach where you can hire jet ski's by day and run a muck by night... And stumble home after a couple of buckets... If you know what I mean! The bungalows are well appointed with comfortable bedding but slightly dodgy bathroom.. All in all the experience was fantastic, so if your up for pool action, book a bungalow adjacent to it so that you don't have to go far!

• Liked — Locality
  • Disliked — Bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends