“A pleasant coincidence”

Haad Yao Bayview Resort & Spa
Ranked #77 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I ended up at this place by pure coincidence, as the south of the island was booked for the full moon party. It is a very nice resort right on the beach. The hotel restaurant is excellent, staff is more than friendly. The rates got lower, the longer I stayed.

Room Tip: Ask for long therm low rates
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I and my bf were here for 10days ! actually at 1st we only booked for 3 days but its really amazing place never want to leave! the view from our windows is such a great view made us wake up with a good moods in every single morning : ) so much thanks to this hotel, be back!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank awesomeee
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I like Haad Yao Bayview Resort very much. This here is very good atmosphere and comfortable .

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sosualar
Reviewed 27 March 2012

A lot of staff but they wasn´t doing anything, just hanging around. The breakfast was terrible with few options, the coffee was almost undrinkable.. The strangest thing was the tag you had to wear in order to show that you have paid for the breakfast. We have never seen that kind of maner in any other hotels, it felt monitoring. The room were big and unpersonal, but clean. Very simple bathroom with bad light and electricity.
The sunbeds was placed very tight and difficult to move - awkward furnitures. The poolarea was ok but noting special.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

we have stayed there only 3 nights, as we came for full moon party. our room wasn't great, very simple, with windows faceing other rooms. Sleep quality was aero!! couldnt sleep 3 nights!! you could hear everything what was happening in rooms next to you! staff not very helpfull or nice, but we just ignore it. restaurant service was terrible!! if you want to eat dinner, order it after lunch, maybe it will arrive on time for dinner! we have waited there for ages!! our friend ordered soup, we have aske 5 people walking by about it n period of 50 min, and soup still havent arrive. half of us didnt eat at all! we gave it another chance, and service was really long as well, however we got everything we have order in about 1h or about bit more..

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mesomething
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I never write reviews but with my recent experience of this place, my conscience didn't allow me to not do anything about it. Had an accident on Koh Phangan 2 months ago where I broke two bones and ended up in an emergency surgery. I was staying here and had rented the bike from a tiny bike store outside the hotel. While, I was in the hospital, the staff and management robbed me of all my money and when my friends went in to complain about the loss, all the help they got was "yeah, we know..so" look and asked them to go the police station, adding that they wouldn't do anything, barely speak english. Their staff is all highly trained at this. I had to prove this we got our neighboring room occupants to put monopoly money in a place not too hard to find. Sure enough, it was gone the next day. Anything flies here...

Don't ever give your passport out to these guys, argue till your last breath for them to have a copy of it. Same with scooters rent-outs. There were two 3 inch scratches on the bike I fell from but because I was in the hospital, heavily drugged and disabled, I ended up paying 30,000 bath (more than the cost of entire bike) to get my passport back so I could leave for better medical care.

Room Tip: Please Avoid this place at all costs!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank KulinS
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Absolutely APPALLING attitude toward customer service ruined our stay. We booked 8 days in a "Beachfront Bungalow" at the Bayview Resort at Haad Yao. For the first 3 days we bought almost all of our meals and cocktails there, and booked our activities as well, so including the room and generous tips we were spending over 6000 Baht per day at the hotel. We then got in a dispute over the validity of a coupon worth 600 Baht. We still believe the coupon should have been honoured, but recognize there are two sides to every argument. Here is the excruciating part: we made our case to the front desk and the manager, telling them they had the option of making us "happy" or "angry", in which case we would take all of our meals and drinks (and tips) elsewhere. They both, laughingly, responded "ANGRY!”. We have never experienced such small-mindedness or total disdain for a good customer in any of our other numerous trips to Haad Yao. Or pretty much anywhere actually.

The "Beachfront Bungalow", which is one of the resort's 3 best rooms and perhaps one of the most expensive rooms on the island, was actually not a bungalow at all, but a hotel room with paper thin adjoining walls on both sides and a shared deck which is connected to the restaurant, not at all a serene private porch as you would expect in a bungalow.

We strongly recommend you consider Long Bay Resort instead of the badly run Bayview. Long Bay's bungalows are newer, the beautifully landscaped grounds and pool are vastly more appealing and the staff tries hard to make their customers happy. We would have returned there immediately if we had not prepaid for our whole 8 day stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple