“Overpriced but that's Phi Phi Island”
Review of Harmony House

Harmony House
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Everywhere you go in Phi Phi island in high season is overpriced. And this hotel was the cheapest deal we could find. We payed £20 p/n for fan room with private bathroom. Room was clean, no bed sheets, no fridge or complimentary bottle of water BUT it did include free breakfast (bread, butter and jam and tea/coffee). All the staff were polite and helpful. It can get pretty noisy at night but that's mainly due to people coming back from nights out.
I would rate this hotel much higher if I payed at least half the price. Not worth 20 quid a night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 May 2014

staff there is so rude, specially one of them (don't know the name, i'm afraid to ask) They started shouting at us with no reason, almost kicked us out the room. They were charging us more than other people in exactly same rooms. Don't stay here, is not worth the fight.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014

i was offered this accommodation while at Phuket and waiting for a bus for transfer and was offered a really reasonable price. The place also seemed decent and very conveniently located in Phiphi.

When I was there, we checked in and all was fine till we reached the room. We took a non-airconditioned room. We were there in the afternoon and the air in the room was very stale. After putting my stuff down, I went to use the bathroom and there was suddenly a loud sound and when I came out, it was the fan's blades shattered all over the floor. It was quite terrifying as if it happened if I were sleeping, I'd no idea what would happen.

We headed down to the front desk and told them of the problem. and suggested if we could get another room instead, but we were denied of it and said that we were already given the best room (what are you even saying, lady?). The lady sent a 'technician' who went to our room to change the blade. And there were no screws to tighten the fan, the technician used a wire ( which was often use to bundle small items like bread plastics), it was possibly the most ridiculous thing I saw because even a kid could simply pulled it off and they were assuming that a twisty wire like this could do the trick. Well, I wouldn't take the risk though and decided not to on the fan for the entire time I was there. Also, I got some bedbugs and mosquito bites the following morning.

If you are really looking for a budget accommodation, this is indeed cheaper than those located nearer to the main areas of Phiphi, but I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone at all. There are many other places around the island that offer better rates and you should look around first! Harmony house should be the last on your list if you are really left with no option at all.

Room Tip: Don't go to harmony house. But if you really need to, probably take the aircon room because you...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Don't stay here !!! Although it was one of the cheaper places to stay on the island it is not worth it. The hotel backs on to the septic field which makes for a unusual view and horrid smell ! To make things even worse once we turned in for bed we saw a HUGE cockroach scurry across the roof. We didn't even end up staying one night ! stay away !!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tayz06
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Room was so stinky..quite expensive for a room with air con 1000 baht a night..my fault i went there really but had no accommodation on arrival..im sure they had some nice rooms but mine was terrible..people at the desk were ok i guess..try find elsewhere

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Worst place i ever been at! Payed 2800 bath for 2 night.
Discusting room, dirty, bad aircondition, mud at the walls, insects, window that couldent be locked, and a horrible smell! And when my girlfriend left her phone in the room they took it. I found it with "find my phone" app, and after a while with arguing, they finally gave it bach to me. Never going there again! And i don't want anyone else to get in the same sitiuation!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carl L
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Quitet at night. We had a room right over the balcony. We loved it. It was away from all the toursity crap and the debaucherous beach scene at night, which was nice. The staff seemed a bit like oney vultures but then again who isn't on koh phi phi. The rooms were very clean with wifi, sircon, hot shower and tv. We had the room for 500 baht a night so that's 250 a person. that's a great deal I think especially on Phi Phi. I recommend this place for anyone, especially couples.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor with access to the balcony were pretty sweet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends