“Nice hotel - 3*”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Bucharest, Romania
“Nice hotel - 3*”
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Pros:
-good breakfest
-nice medium room, clean, good double bed, nice bathroom - 2 floor
-cosy litlle pool, stayed 1 hour before leavind the island, free towels
-situated in the midle of the "city"
-bellboy waited for us in the harbour, take our luggage into an wheeltrolley
-luggage room at the reception desk

Cons:
-some noise in the night, from the ventilations systems of the nightclubs/restaurant nearby, poor sound isolation at the front door

All in all: good quality vs. price, for this beautiful island.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Metalactual

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights on our honeymoon. Firstly in a poolside room, and then for a few nights in an upstairs room. We'd read mixed reviews about the place, including one horror story about a lady getting chased by the security guard. We found the place to be pretty good. The security guard is a must given the fairly central location of the resort and the bands of drunken marauding English hooligans that frequent Phi Phi Island. I think that without a security gaurd present at night you'd probably run into problems.
The staff could've been more attentive, but they were never rude. THe only issue I had was that we were required to carry our own bags to the room.
All in all, I'd say that this is a pretty good place to stay on PhiPhi. The island itself is pretty small so you can walk everywhere. So it really doesn't matter where you stay. But this is in a fairly good spot.

1 Thank Cartron3030
leicester
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We loved this bed and breakfast. The location if great - right in the middle of the resort but a hidden oasis. We were not disturbed by noise at all.
The rooms are really pretty and our balconies overlook the pool.
The breakfasts were fine and there are lots of fantastic restuarants nearby to chose from.
No internet access but two internet cafes at the entrance to the Palm Tree.
Look out for the porter who will come and meet you at the ferry.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Calgary
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We only booked for two nights, and left with frowns on our faces. The staff were nice- we didn't run in to any of the problems other travellers have mentioned.

Our room was very lovely and clean (no bugs of any kind, let alone cockroaches).

The location was great, and I didn't hear any music from the nightclubs!

We strolled in between 1:00 and 2:00 am one night, and didn't run in to any problems with the guard. (I even went back earlier in the night to use the public washroom in the hotel b/c it was so much cleaner than the one at the bar, and the guard only smiled. No trouble!)

Breakfast was delicious! Limited for vegetarian/vegan, but still very good. Husband is a meat-eater and he loved it.

I will admit, not having internet is annoying, but there's an internet cafe next door if you need to check in for a flight, etc.

Oh, and unless you've paid for one of the poolside rooms, then pack lightly, 'cuz you'll be hauling your luggage up to your room all by yourself!

Those are the only two negatives I can think of, though. Really a lovely place.

1 Thank Linner44
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2010

We stayed at PP Palmtree for 4 nights and quite enjoyed our stay. The room was pretty standard, with queen size bed and normal bathroom facilities. The location was great, close to the pier, shops and beach (all within walking distance), very easy to get to and from it. Pool was nice, although we didnt really get a chance to use it as we were out and about most of the time. The breakfast at the hotel was typical ABF enough to satisfy your needs, with omellette station.

There was some noises heard on only one of the nights next door that was heard until 3am, but did not happen the following night. We didnt bother to complain as we were pretty tired and slept through most of it.

While we did not have any problems in this hotel, the rate $$ we paid was probably way above what you could get for other hotels around the area.

Overall, the hotel met our needs and we had a comfortable,pleasant stay. In the room we were also provided a safe to lock our valuables in (as most hotels of this star rating do).

Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2010

O.K I will try and firstly give some positives about this resort- location is great as it is right in the middle of the action but quite at night if you want some sleepand the room itself is quite nice in its decor, but thats about it.
At first I thought I disliked this hotel because I had just come from Centara in Krabi where the service and facilities are 1st class, and I had been spoilt. But it was definetly more than that. As soon as you check in you are greeted with really strict rules which all result in being kicked out of resort and heavily fined- fair enough to have rules but we felt as if we were checking into a $20.00 a night backbackers. BEWARE IF YOU ARE A SAME SEX COUPLE!!! My friend and I watched a lovely gay couple trying to check in only to be told they could only have a room with twin beds- they were very clearly being decriminated against. What year are we in?? The staff in the restaurant were the most unfriendly of any Thai's I have come across( I have been many times to Thailand). One female waitress clearly hated her job and any customer there- constantly giving dirty looks, eye rolling and when a Japanese customer complained about A COCKROACH on her table was told if she did'nt like it she could leave!!!! The main reason for my dislike of this hotel is the over the top night guard who would be better suited to Bangkok Hilton- one night as I was coming back to my room at about midnight I walked passed him at the front where he was busily having a snooze, next thing he has chased me to my room waving a baton demanding to see my room key NO REASON FOR THIS CRAZY OVER ZEALOUS BEHAVIOUR. I was on my own, completely sober and I am perfectly respectable 38 year old female. Dead cockroachs made an appearance daily in our room. Service and friendliness at this hotel was zip- even the smallest of requests was approached badly ie ask for a bucket of ice you are charged for it!!
Clearly this resort has had a gutful of all the 20 something backpackers and have developed a lack of tolerance and customer service for all guests.
AVOID AVOID AVOID. There are plenty of other places to stay in the same price bracket.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank fiona c

Travellers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Unlike other travellers we did not have any particular problems with the staff. We even requested to change our room due to a strong smell of glue and they promptly gave us a different one.
You are situated in the midst of everything, so the noise (mainly music from nearby bars) at night can be a problem if you are a light sleeper; I'd recommend ear plugs. Rooms are smallish but nice and clean, breakfast choices quite reasonable.
If you need to spend a few hours before you catch your ferry after checkout, they have a place to store your luggage and will let you have a towel to stay at the (small) pool until you have to leave; that was definitely a plus.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple