“Nice atmosphere”
Review of Hippo Divers

Hippo Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hippo Divers is a PADI 5 Star Resort and Career Development Center.Hippo Divers offers you quality diving courses with the best prices in the world. With an unmatched friendly and professional staff, Hippo Divers guarantees you the best time both in and out of the water. Hippo Divers is principally a diving school. We are dedicated to teaching scuba diving and our goal is to introduce this amazing, safe, fun, and unique sport to as many curious, enthusiastic and adventurous, young and old people as possible.Every year, Hippo Divers organises a clean-up day with PADI's PROJECT AWARE and supports several others community efforts. For all you sea, nature lovers and diving enthusiasts, please take a moment to browse our web site to discover the beauty of Koh Phi Phi and the services offered by the Hippo Divers.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I did 2 fun dives at Hippo and I loved it. Everyone is really nice and helpful over there. And they promised us turtles and sharks and we saw them!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Roseanne B

• Korean first
Townsville, Australia
“Great team, amazing experience!!!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Jess, Ken and Galli from the Hippo Divers provided me with a memorable experience. I had my first introductory dive and the team couldn't have made it anymore perfect. Can't wait to return to Phi Phi and go diving again with the team.

Visited October 2013
“Adventure/Fun Dive”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Experience was phenomenal. It was my wife's first dive, our instructor Sayed made her feel totally at ease. There boat was awesome, water was great...Sayed totally gave us a memorable experience, got to see black nose sharks and all...recommend the afternoon trip

“Excellent!! Thank you for a wonderful time!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Even after 7 months, I'm still thinking about my memorable time on Koh Phi Phi! Thank you Hippo for making it happen -- I booked a short trip out to Koh Phi Phi and my friend insisted that we dive (even though she was terrified of fish) as it is "THE THING" you MUST try when on you're on Koh Phi Phi. (I've tried Padi Discover Scuba with basic instructions in the past in Hawaii but I didn't feel quite connected/comfortable.) But with the peer pressure from my friend, I gave it another go. Our first Discover Scuba was with instructors Lee & Sun, who were both very passionate & knowledgeable! I have to say that they were also very patient & gentle!! I felt safe and comfortable diving with them. =) After the first day of diving, I fell in love~~~ To what point? The night of diving, I was equalizing my ears in my sleep and was scuba diving~!! lol~ So, I ended up signing up for Open Water course and Advanced Open Water (while my friend hung out on the island). When I returned to Phuket to resume my travel (5 days late), I kept on dreaming of scuba diving which made me return to Koh Phi Phi. With Hippo, I went to King Cruiser (a wreck site -- soOOOOoo beautiful!! MUST do!!) and the Similan Islands but missed the opportunity to go to Hin Daeng & Hin Muang, where everyone who went on this trip got to see Manta Rays!!! I will return to see those rays some day soon~

7 months after: remember my friend who was terrified of fish and didn't take the courses with me? One of the instructors at Hippo saw her hanging out while I went diving & took her out for snorkelling. She helped her overcome her fear of fish completely! My friend said that she went scuba diving during her honeymoon and loved it!! Thank you!

As for me, I just purchased my own set of gear today~ =) Thank you for re-introducing such joyful and exciting activity in my life!!

Visited January 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cancelled with no answers or reasons”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I was planning to dive with this company, however arrived to Phi Phi to find them closed, with no explanation as to why my trip will no longer happen, after booking with another company just down the road, I found out the owner had been in trouble with the police and all the staff had quit out due to problems.

I consider this a lucky escape and others may need to take care if they have bookings with this company

Visited July 2013