“Ask for Rich!”

Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ask for Rich!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Some friends of us took the diver license so I got to go on the boat and snorkle while they were diving. I was promised good snorkel conditions but I didnt see a singel fish. And everybody on the boat got sea sick! They told us that they had a big boat but that was so wrong. We had to sit on the floor thrue the hole trip. The other instructors couldn't care less for the passangers while Rich took time to teach the guys to dive. He really cared for us and unlike the others he did a amazing job! If I choose Island divers, ask for Rich. He was the best and made the trip 1000 times better!

• Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“night dive with Henry”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was the most personal and attentive dive we did in all of SE asia. Henry was great, a fun amount of snarky, and very safe. We did a night dive and had to watch a 30 minute safety video beforehand. This was our last night on Koh Phi Phi and it was just us, Henry and a captain on their huge boat. Another boat had plowed into the Island Divers smaller boat earlier that day.

The night dive itself is mildly terrifying once below the water, especially up against inverted cliffs. We saw cuttlefish, phosphorescent plankton, and some crab. About an hour later we ascended with a safety stop worked into the planned route so there was no waiting.

Visited July 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Worst diving experience...”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have dove all over Thailand, Indonesia, Tanzania (40 logged dives) This is by far the worst dive centre we (husband and I) have come across. Uninterested, arrogant, rude, boring, moody staff. Including the manager who was probably the worst of the lot. Our dive leader was sick and apparently had sinus squeeze the whole time and was miserable and snappy towards us. ( its not our fault you're sick and came to work!) We dove just on the inside of Maya Bay which is a waste if time. Full of snorkelers and massive noisy boats. after both the dives, the leader said that the tsunami tore up all the coral and there isn't much marine life.... So why did they take us there???? I also had sinus squeeze and didnt dive for more than 10 minutes and they would refund even 1baht of my money. They were also very expensive.

Only slightly good thing is that I didnt miss seeing anything sitting on the boat!

Also, another member if staff let it slip that they had a really high rating on trip advisor because they were in the wrong category for the longest time and not up against other scuba/dive centres.

Also, i didn't see too many Thai staff and the foreign scuba instructors/ staff just harass people who are walking by,

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Sarah F
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome diveschool (ask for henry!)”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Went out for my very first dive with island divers after caspar convinced me into it in one of their two shops. The marketing strategy might be a bit fast forward but at the end it's the same for so many shops on ko phi phi.
The next day we've been just four people on board of the diving boat.all except me advanced.so I've been lucky to have an instructor (henry!!!) for my own which was awesome.i felt safe and well looked after for the whole trip.so I decided to do the open water course.henry taught the whole course in a mixture of fun and seriousness. He made sure, that I understand the theoretical part before we went out in the water again.he's been patient and always had a smile on his face, knew the dive side and loved his job.
And there's a social aspect as well.at night you can go for one beer (henry wouldn't allow more ;)) with the whole crew and all I met have been really nice, chatty and great fun.
Thank you for making that course a real experience!!!

Helsingborg, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good but watch out for Adam”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

When we first went there it was great, they pitch The dives and explanes everything and all was good.

Then When we came back to show our licences ect. Adam were there... He was very condesending and rude. He stared lekture us on why our last dive school was very bad and The situation was almost agressiv. On The boat there outher pasangers also thought he was rude especialy under The water.

So go there and dive but whatch out from Adam...

1 Thank Boldt94