“Not what's advertised!”
Review of Phuttachot Resort

Phuttachot Resort
Ranked #55 of 66 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 October 2010

How this place is number 2 out of 30 is a mystery to me. The only good points about it is that they did have someone at the pier to collect us and walk us to the B&B, otherwise we wouldn't have found it through the maze of little streets. It's also not in a bad location as you can walk back into the centre in a few minutes although you do have to walk past the sewage treatment plant and it isn't well lit after dark.
The room wasn't great at all. The door was difficult to lock and very weak so I had to put something in front of it at night to make sure it stayed closed. Everything in the bathroom was dirty. There were stains on the bed and the bed itself was as hard as a rock and the pillow cases had holes from what looked like a mouse chewing on them. There were cats everywhere and they cried all night. The Walls were paper thin so you could hear people having a conversation in the next room.

• Stayed: October 2010

Reviewed 25 October 2010

Stayed for 4nights with my girlfiend. Room was very basic but for the price was fine (approx €15 for room per night!). ideal for backpackers on a budget. Don't expect much. We stayed 4 nights...room was never cleaned and there was rarley someone at reception (not that you would think it was areception area...more like a porch). Not signposted well at all and not very many people knew where it was....it's at waterhill tho....near a water waste location which smells really bad when walking past but not near enough to smell in your room. overall our stay was fine. We had a mosiquito net which helped us sleep a little easier....no safety deposit box but major plus was wifi in the room. Air con was pretty new and worked perfectly which is another positive. Location is a good 15/20 min walk from pier with backpacks and we did not get to avail of there taxi bag service either on arrival or departure...wasn't available!! overall fine if on a tight budget...was dying for a nice shower after departing tho and really can't see how it was marked as a hotel never mind a three star when we booked!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We had 4 nights here and all was good. You get a/c, large room, balcony with chairs and a fridge for very little money if you book on a deal like we did. The building has a large cabin feel as it is made almost entirely of wood. The staff are friendly and helpful. Although the hotel is not in the centre of the bars and resteraunts it is just a 5 min walk away, as is everything on phi phi!

There is a sewage works on the way to the hotel but this really is not an issue when choosing this hotel, you can smell it for about 30 seconds as you walk past and thats it.

The room will not get cleaned if you dont ask so remember to before you leave for your day on one of the amasing beaches on phi phi which are 2-3 mins walk away.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Time in my life I think I was tricked into something completely different from what I was told it was going to be. This “room”- no way it is a hotel- much less a resort, it is very close to a waste area- it smells horrible. When we walked in the room it was quite chocking. The bathroom was small, dirty, and way too run down. The sink was broken in half! The sink knob was so filthy. There is no shower curtain- expect to get the whole restroom and toilet wet while you shower.
We stayed here for four days and they never cleaned the room. We had to go to the reception everyday to get new towels. The floors get very dirty from beach use, but it stays dirty.
The worst are the bed bugs- my entire body is now filled with bumps from scratching it all night.
The AC cool to maybe 22 degrees – so it does not get very cold at night.
This hotel is far from everything, and the opposite side from anything on the island.
The price for westerns may see very little- but when you arrive here you see that is the average price for better hotels. The bed is so hard- my back hurst!
Stay away from this place unless they decide to upgrade their rooms.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I guess I am not the typical backpacker any more, since I am looking for a little more comfort during my travel.

The Phuttachot is an "inbetween" hotel - somewhere in the middle. It is not really cheap and it is definitely not comfortable...

I chose the hotel during my last trip since a lot of other accomodations have been fully booked and they were priced reasonable. Would not do that again, nor would I recommend the hotel.

Why?

Kho Phi Phi is a very beautiful island. This hotel though is in the only not so beautiful part of the island...you have to walk by a stinking sewage storage.
Rooms are quite ok, quite clean, quite comfy, but everything is only quite. For being average they are not cheap enough. There are way better options in both directions..cheap and more beautiful accomodation. That´s why I would not recommend this.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was perfect for us. It was a lovely size room with air con and a fairly good size bathroom. The balcony was also a good size but does not overlook much.
The hotel is away from the main streets with the bars and restaurants so is peaceful and quiet at night but only a 5 minute walk away.
The rooms were clean and reception was very friendly.
Great value for phi phi!!
Would stay here again!

Reviewed 23 March 2010

I booked the room in advance and was pleasantly surprised to find a clean and comfortable room off the beaten path (about 10 minutes from the center of "town" at the foot of a hill) where one could sleep well. The staff greeted me at the pier and lugged my bags to the hotel. As another reviewer commented, you will walk by a waste-water treatment facility -- a clever outdoor garden that is actually quite lovely. But, you might want to breathe through your mouth as you walk past -- it does smell at times, but only right where the facility is (the smell doesn't travel). The receptionist was very friendly and helpful, as were all the staff I met. They speak English to varying degrees and we never had trouble communicating. The room was clean, had good aircon (very quiet and efficient), a mini-bar, nice furnishings, a balcony, and free wi-fi (ask for the password). The view isn't great (overlooking the courtyard of another hotel and trees), but nice for a sunset, relaxing, and refreshing in the cooler evenings). Advice - ask for an upstairs room with a balcony, otherwise you'll be looking at a wall. Two notes of caution - (1) the bed is rather hard (to me), but this seems common in the poorer countries I've traveled; (2) the bathroom has no separate shower stall -- so be careful not to spray water everywhere (and as always, best to wear flipflops). Also note, that while the staff is very friendly, you will need to ask if you want your room cleaned or serviced (bed made, fresh towels, toilet paper). But, that's not a problem, since you just need to ask if you need anything. They do not provide toiletries so bring your own (e.g., soap, shampoo). Compared to other places I saw and read about, I was very happy and felt I got a good value. I would definitely return although I might also try for a beach front place if i can find one for a similar or only slightly higher price (however, they got poor reviews and were much more expensive).

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo