“Good place to stay but not for the normel price”
Review of Andaman Resort

Andaman Resort
Ranked #39 of 61 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good place to stay but not for the normel price”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I booked this resort thnx to a friend for a very good price.
I would not have payed 3000 a night for it. No way that that is worth it.

Wifi is ok.
Bed is ok.
Room in general is good.
Aircon is not to noisy.

We didnt had hot water for our 7 days stay here.
The Toilet didnt look that fresh.

Location is on the other side of the party side.
So if you really want to party you have to take a hotel/resort/guesthouse on the other side .
If you take this one it will be around 10 minuts walking to the party side.

There are alott of good places to eat.
The hamburger lady at the corner of the resort makes amazing food!

The staff of the hotel was very friendly for and always very helpfull.
Rooms cleaned every day on diffrent times because we always wake up very late.

I had a pleasant stay here and not a real bad experience.
But that is all because i didnt had to pay to full price.
If i would have payed the full price i wouldnt choose or recommend this place.

Room Tip: Look out for a suite close to the pool. It can be noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed here over New Years Dec/Jan. The Bungalows were vey basic with mosquitos squashed into the bathroom walls from previous guests, Furniture was old. But otherwise all ok as it had a decent pool BUT when sunbathing one day a group of local children were playing in the pool and one child about 2 years old almost drown, he was pulled out of the pool after I jumped in, no one seemed to care except another tourist. Made me want to leave the pool area as the other children just stayed in the pool, the following day while back at the pool another baby no more than 1yr old appeared at the pool alone, luckily a young tourist was in the pool and she played with him. When I asked was she minding him she said no and that he just appeared. After about 20 mins a man came and got him. I think it is unfair that local children are allowed to use the pool as people are here on holiday and do not need the hassle of minding these kids as the people who own these kids seem not to care what happens them. I would not stay at this resort again and there are far better options for the money they charge.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and it was booking made from travel agency in Aonang.My boyfriend and I wanted to visit Phi Phi.We payed 3100 TBH for a room per night and we got top floor room in a guest house with a sea view.
Room was nice and clean,bathroom had poor light and AC got broken (?!?)after our first 15 minutes spent in a room.We went to reception and reported.They sent 15 year old to fix it.He couldnt.Then they sent 23 year old-he couldnt fix it...AC was leaking on the floor making small lake on the top of the guest house!
After several hours I got angry and I went to reception asking for another room scince we couldnt change our clothes because room was constantly full with people coming and going, trying to fix damn AC.
They gave us room on the second floor.With a view on a bungalows crowded with people.But-They said it is only for an hour or until tomorrow morning , and they will put us back to the floor and rooms that WE PAYED FOR.
In the morning on our way to breakfast I saw one of the guys from the reception.I asked him when should we move to upper floor and he jealed CHECK IN! I understood that he wants me to go with him to reception.And I did.With my boyfriend.
When we came there he said YOU STAY IN SECOND FLOOR I HAVE NO ROOM FOR YOU. I asked how when more than half rooms on the top floor are empty and we payed for that not for the room that we needed to move.
And then he simply started screaming an waving with his arms: IF YOU DONT LIKE THE ROOM YOU NEED TO GO-NO ROOM FOR YOU.
I was in shock! Even with my best intentions to work things out- this all ended up with me saying that I will never come to Andaman Resort ever again! And I said that I will write review about this way of treating guests. On that he screamed WRITE WHAT EVER YOU WANT, I DONT CAREEEEE!
So- scince he doesnt care, I do.
Please be carefull here.
There is so much nicer hotels to stay on Phi Phi.With nicer staff.
That is for sure!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank instantserendipity
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night (bungalow, room B17).
The bathroom was very very dirty.
The shower doesn't have special curtain or something like this so when you turn it on all bathroom becomes wet.
The whole room looks very tired.
Air-condition worked well but the cooled air from it goes straight to the bed we you sleep.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 22 January 2013

2500 Baht for one night = $84 US. We were involuntarily relocated to the Andaman after the Bayview Resort gave our room away (due to our late arrival time). The room was located next to a tarped garbage dump area (see photo). The bathroom was beyond description and with only very cold water (see photo). The bed was two twin mattresses of different heights pushed together to make a big bed. Overall, we were very disgusted.
On the positive side: I will say that the air conditioner worked wonderfully and kept us very cool all night and we enjoyed a complimentary breakfast in the morning (which we did not expect ... the lovely lady chased us down to be sure we got our breakfast which was so nice of her!). So, our experience was mixed at best. But, we have stayed in hostels that were much more comfortable and nicer - although not on Phi Phi, perhaps standards here are lower.

Room Tip: For the same price, you may choose other accommodations at another place on Phi Phi.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2012

10 mins from the pier in quieter part of town. Basic rooms, clean and fresh. Basic bathroom and door wouldn't close properly, which concerned me as there was no mozzie screen in the bathroom. Helpful friendly staff. Surprisingly nice breakfast by the beach with fresh watermelon juice and eggs cook to your liking.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Hazel3110
Sheffield, UK
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We booked an overnight Phi Phi trip in Kata which included a twin room at eh Andaman Resort. We chose this option because it had air conditioning and included breakfast.

Walking up to this resort I was very excited because it was little bungalows, with a restaurant and the beach just across road. However, upon entering I was slighly disappointed particularly with the bathroom. The bungalow was very basic but the bathroom felt dirty and was just a big wet room.

The staff were lovely as was the breakfast on the beach but this was a comedown from our nice hotel in Phuket. I wouldn't want to stay more than one night.

I thought the location on the island was really good as it was in easy reach of both sides of the island and the main shopping/eating centre. I would recommend the Bora Bora bar for food which was a short walk across the road.

I wouldn't let this review put you off, but I think it would be good to be prepared.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends