Lowest prices for your stay
£20
Easy and fast booking
Hull37

A bit of a climb!

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Aug 2011
Never read trip advisor before staying, have read it since and everyone who mentions the steps is right to do so! What a climb in soaring heat. Room fine but not as nice as my one in karon beach. Took a little bit longer than expected to leave my room on the morning of check out due to the attack of the monkeys!!!!!
Date of stay: August 2011
  • travelup.com
    £115
2.8 miles from Phi Phi Arboreal Resort
Pool
Phi Phi the Beach Resort is a dream location for any visitor looking for either an eventful or relaxing holiday. Situated on the quiet Long Beach, which overlooks the stunning Maya bay island, our hillside villa views are unbeatable.
£61
    £90
    £119
2.5 miles from Phi Phi Arboreal Resort
View more hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Went here with my girlfriend as part of our 2 weeks in Thailand staying in Phuket. Was supposed to be in phi phi for two nights but decided to stay one, simply because the hotel we were staying in in Kata was luxury and this felt like a massive step down. By phi phi standards to be fair it was probably not too bad as most of the hotels in the main part are filthy. This wasn't filthy, just a little bit dirty. The views are brilliant. Toilet stank to high heaven of sewage. Friendly and helpful staff. Probably great if your travelling and aren't too fussed about where you stay however if you're looking for something really nice I would look elsewhere.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I was quite happy with my stay in this hotel. Yes, the stairs were demanding - I had to take a shower every time I reached the room, but for my part, it was totally worth it. The view from our room was awesome, and the room was nice and clean. I wasn't very bothered by the music from bars etc, but I can imagine that some people may be. We were also visited by monkeys, the were a little aggressive, but it was fun seing them!
Staff was nice, and breakfast too.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Charge you more than they state in the prices. Cockroaches everywhere. No hot water. Up loads of steps to get to hotel. No continental breakfast. Rooms are awful, covered in damp and not finished!
Do yourself a big favour and avoid this hole!!!

Date of stay: April 2011
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I run marathons, and those steps are awful.

Bathroom filthy with bare concrete Walls.

Hard to communicte with reception, little English spoken.

Could here music blasting out all night. It's right by the major party part. Very far from
Pier!

Breakfast is fine.

Nice views, and staff do try to help but for the price if this hotel, there are much better places out there.

Date of stay: January 2011
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Having read the reviews, I was prepared for some 'exercice' to get to my room.
And indeed... I'm 32, run about 20K a week, cycle and play football. Well, after 3 nights in the hotel, I was cursing those stairs.
Because you do have to come back to your hotel a couple of times minimum a day, it gets so physically demanding that you will put everything you can in your bag not to have to come back to it.
Yes, once up there the view is amazing. But you would only do it once, not 3 times a day.
Shame because the hotel was nice and the staff good.
Between that and no stay in phi phi, i'd still prefer to come. But I wish I took a hotel in the village.

Date of stay: January 2011